https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector To Join In January

Started by Deeping_white, September 05, 2019, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2019, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Roberty on September 05, 2019, 05:04:23 PM
Since he was going to be out of contract at the end of this season, I presume we got a hefty discount on the price we were thinking to pay in August.

Maybe TK has learnt some lessons about the art of brinkmanship from Danial Levy

What, because 4 weeks ago his contract still had sooooo much longer left to run than it does now?

Do the maths.

The transfer window closed on 08 August, so we are signing him on 01 January which means he will have 5 months left on his contract.

Chelsea would be loosing him for nothing if he wasn't sold before the end of the season because he's 27 and there would be no development fee due to them.

So what is a player who refused to sign a new contract and only has 5 months left on his current one worth to them?

It's certainly only a fraction of what he was worth on 08 August at 4:59pm

I know that TK has his limitations but I think he could probably work that one out and not fall for the seductive charm of Marina Granovskaia when he was negotiating the fee

Is there anything you don't understand about that or think I've overlooked ?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

So all we need to add is Achilles as the other CB & let them not fight each other but fight together for FFC

COYW!!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 05, 2019, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 05, 2019, 06:01:34 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 05, 2019, 05:08:07 PM
Well, let's all hope he is as good as we think he is.

Appears to be another good signing, well done to all involved.

How tall is he??

He's 6"3 I believe so would be the tallest CB we have

Thank you .... now if we can just get someone to take a corner we may get a couple of goals this season.

Or actually defend against them (even though teams scoring from corners is a rarity).

It's ridiculous how short Fulham's squad is.

Nero

Wow that was a long medical, nearly a month

Woolly Mammoth

The encouraging matter in all this is, the club is showing signs of realising something the average bloke in the pub has known for years that our central defence needs reinforcements, and at almost 6ft 4ins, Hector fits the Jigsaw. We are so short of 6ft plus players it's no wonder our ability to defend set pieces is vulnerable, and our ability to dominate in the air is very limited. This is at least a step in the right direction, be it a rather late one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Yamus

filham

Could be a good signing, no doubt we need a tall defender and with a mother from Fulham we can say he is one of our own
Also pleased that we have stopped leaving signings until late in the window but fear that a signing taking place 4 months before the window opens we have gone to the other extreme. Come January he will be suffering from lack of competitive football for sure.

gerrys

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on September 05, 2019, 09:26:42 PM
So all we need to add is Achilles as the other CB & let them not fight each other but fight together for FFC

COYW!!
:005:

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on September 05, 2019, 06:56:10 PM
Since he was going to be out of contract at the end of this season, I presume we got a hefty discount on the price we were thinking to pay in August.

What, because 4 weeks ago his contract still had sooooo much longer left to run than it does now?

He isn't signed until January.

We've agreed the terms, signed on the dotted line, paid Chelsea the money and assumed the risk of injury etc, so I'd say he's "signed" now. And even if he isn't perceived to be "signed" until January 1, the way any sensible person would look at it would be that on 8 August Chelsea had 32 transfer window days to sell him and on 1 January they will have 31. FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if the fee is indeed reduced, I just don't think it will be down to there being 4 weeks, or 1 transfer window day, less on his contract. It will be down to the fact that since he can't play until January, we're only getting half the player we would have got in August.

Hatch007

We've signed him for £8m according to the Express:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1174425/Chelsea-Fulham-Michael-Hector-Transfer-News

Ironically, the first game he is eligible for is our home match against Reading

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2019, 10:46:58 PM

We've agreed the terms, signed on the dotted line, paid Chelsea the money and assumed the risk of injury etc, so I'd say he's "signed" now. And even if he isn't perceived to be "signed" until January 1, the way any sensible person would look at it would be that on 8 August Chelsea had 32 transfer window days to sell him and on 1 January they will have 31. FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if the fee is indeed reduced, I just don't think it will be down to there being 4 weeks, or 1 transfer window day, less on his contract. It will be down to the fact that since he can't play until January, we're only getting half the player we would have got in August.

This delay could be an "accidental master stroke" as Fulham have saved half a season of wages in the first half season, which can now be used to pay for two players in the second half of the season (including Hector).

Thiis delay allows us to a) trial players in the first half of season including Mawson as a RCB, b) intégrate Héctor into the team while not amoritizing the transfer fee, c) finish the season well with an extra player including during the playoffs and d) maybe have an extra player (in adddition to Hector) bedded down for next season.

Of course alternatively, if Mawson and Ream both get injuried, then delay will end our automatic promotion chances, but even then still increases our playoff chances if we make the playoffs.

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2019, 10:46:58 PM

My God - I never thought I would be so glad that TK is doing our transfers.

The report says "will be joining in January" - so at the most there is a pre-contract - we may have a contingent liability but in business you pay after the good have been delivered - TK would know that from his Dad

What's perceived about his being signed in January - the transfer window is closed - he's contracted to Chelsea - so he can't be our player until January and presumably since he belongs to the Chelsea they are paying his salary and not us. He might be training with us - which makes sense since the Scum have no use for him and it saves them the cost of his kit, training costs and presumably the insurance clubs take out on players.

If you work it out - Chelsea having only having 31 instead of 32 days to sell him and his not being able to complete the transfer until January amounts to the same thing - on day 32 he could have played from 09 August but after day 32 he can't play for us until January. But in any event I'm glad you think he might be worth less than he was when his transfer fell through in the summer.

FWIW - As to the fee - I suspect there is a clue in the fact that he's only signing for two and a half years (with an option on our side) - if he was signing for really BIG money it's now normal practice to get players to sign longer contracts to make it harder for them to escape for free and allow for the fee to be amortised over the longer period

Roberty

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 06, 2019, 01:53:48 AM
This delay could be an "accidental master stroke" as Fulham have saved half a season of wages in the first half season, which can now be used to pay for two players in the second half of the season (including Hector).

This delay allows us to a) trial players in the first half of season including Mawson as a RCB, b) integrate Héctor into the team while not amoritizing the transfer fee, c) finish the season well with an extra player including during the playoffs and d) maybe have an extra player (in addition to Hector) bedded down for next season.

Of course alternatively, if Mawson and Ream both get injured, then delay will end our automatic promotion chances, but even then still increases our playoff chances if we make the playoffs.
The delay also allowed us to get the full fee for Ryan Sessegnon because Levy did not have the leverage of knowing that we would potentially be breaching FFP rules if we didn't sell RS in the last window.

davew

Quote from: elgreenio on September 05, 2019, 04:13:38 PM
great stuff that, shame we couldn't get it done last month but another positive signing from TK, exactly what we need
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ffc73

I confess. When I read the press reports etc on deadline day & immediately after I put Hector in the 'another one not meant to be' box.

Congratulations TK & FFC in following this one through. Now, shall I have my hat served boiled, grilled or roasted?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Roberty on September 06, 2019, 05:31:30 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 06, 2019, 01:53:48 AM

This delay allows us to a) trial players in the first half of season including Mawson as a RCB, b) integrate Héctor into the team while not amoritizing the transfer fee, c) finish the season well with an extra player including during the playoffs and d) maybe have an extra player (in addition to Hector) bedded down for next season.

Of course alternatively, if Mawson and Ream both get injured, then delay will end our automatic promotion chances, but even then still increases our playoff chances if we make the playoffs.
The delay also allowed us to get the full fee for Ryan Sessegnon because Levy did not have the leverage of knowing that we would potentially be breaching FFP rules if we didn't sell RS in the last window.

Al Fayed's trading would have failed FFP every single season, with FFP the new owners have a much harder job and getting good prices for the players sold like Malone, Aluko and Sess is especially important.

RP24

How can we sign a player during the season? I know he doesn't officially join until jan but if we can sign people now for that window why not do it all the time so that they can join at the start of a window?

Statto

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on September 06, 2019, 09:19:18 AM
Quote from: Hatch007 on September 05, 2019, 11:43:42 PM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1174425/Chelsea-Fulham-Michael-Hector-Transfer-News

I believe that equals the record paid by a Championship club for a defender.

Let us hope we will get our moneys worth, and are repaid ten fold. Which I believe he is capable of.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Hatch007 on September 05, 2019, 11:43:42 PM

Ironically, the first game he is eligible for is our home match against Reading

That sounds very very expensive for a player that will not join us until he has 6 month left on his contract.