more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 06/09/19...

Started by WhiteJC, September 06, 2019, 08:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tottenham may look to Fulham to solve squad's biggest problem

Right back has been Tottenham's weakest position on the young season. Spurs may purchase another Fulham product to fix the issue in January.

Steven Sessegnon hasn't enjoyed the same meteoric rise to prominence that his brother Ryan has enjoyed, but both players could still end up at the same Premier League club. Tottenham brought Ryan in on Deadline Day and may return to Craven Cottage to pluck Steven away in January.

According to The Sun, Spurs originally tried to buy both brothers this summer, but were ultimately rebuffed by the Whites. That doesn't mean Mauricio Pochettino isn't still keeping an eye on the Championship fullback. Steven's fine play to open the year for Fulham could easily tempt Spurs to return with a more significant transfer bid in January.

Right back has been a trouble spot for Pochettino and his coaching staff this season. The club sold Kieran Trippier to Atletico Madrid this summer and installed young Kyle Walker-Peters as the club's starter. He performed reasonably well until he suffered an ill-timed injury in Tottenham's third match of the season. His absence forced Spurs to play Davinson Sanchez at right back in Sunday's North London Derby.

The return of Juan Foyth from a preseason injury of his own could do a lot to solidify the position for Tottenham in the short-term. The young Argentine is better suited to play centre back, but flashed the ability to play on the right for his country during international play this summer. It's very possible that he, not Walker-Peters, was set to be Pochettino's starter until injury derailed his progress.

In the long-term, it's still very likely that Foyth will slide back to centre back to replace Toby Alderweireld when age starts to take its toll on the Belgian veteran. That will leave Spurs short of options on the right. For those wondering, the chances of Serge Aurier getting back into Pochettino's good graces are very similar to a snow ball's chances of surviving in The Emirates.

That's why making a swoop in January for Sessegnon would make such good sense. He clearly has a close relationship with his brother and the idea of playing with him in the Premier League would make him very keen on a switch to Spurs. Fulham might not want to let him leave, but Spurs have the financial might to take the decision out of their hands for all intents and purposes.

Ultimately, it's safe to expect Spurs to look at a lot of right back options over the next 12 months. Don't be surprised if Sessegnon ends up being the club's top choice. He fits the profile of the sort of player Pochettino likes to build his squad around. Fulham's loss could easily end up being Tottenham's gain once again.

https://playingfor90.com/2019/09/05/tottenham-may-look-fulham-solve-squads-biggest-problem/

WhiteJC

Roy Keane says he would love 'another crack at mangement' as he blasts old foes Walters and Arter

Roy Keane has spoken of his desire to have another crack at management and launched a stinging attack on Jonathan Walters for his behaviour towards the end of his time involved with Ireland.

Speaking at a live Off the Ball event in Dublin last night, the 48-year-old confirmed that he wants a return to management in the near future but revealed that the actions of Walters, along with Harry Arter and Stephen Ward left a sour taste.

Referencing the WhatsApp voice message leaked by a friend of Ward detailing the falling out between Keane, Walters and Arter, Keane labelled the social networking platform 'RatsApp'.

"I did feel some of the medical staff were pandering to some of the players. When you are speaking to players who aren't injured who didn't want to train. There's a new trend. They are on a programme, and their programme is they don't train and they don't play," Keane said.

"They said 'The medical staff, said, I'm going to do something back in the gym or back in the pool.' Would you not train? Then you have the usual stuff, people go running to the media. Things were exaggerated. A pack of lies.

The treatment by a lot of sections of the Irish media, it was personal, it was nasty. Martin is a good guy and there's not many good guys in football. Wardy was there

"I'll give you an example. Jon Walters the last two or three years. Jon does a lot of talking, it's amazing. Harry Arter, he went to Cardiff on loan, got relegated. Wardy can't get in the Stoke team, at the moment, bottom of the league.

"Imagine if Jon won a trophy. He talks a good game. He goes on the TV, on about how he was harshly treated by me. Not kicking a ball for Burnley for two or three years. On TV, crying about his family situation. You know, how about lying low for a while, taking it easy. Have a look at his medals? Wouldn't take long.

"Ironically two or three years ago when his career was coming to the end, he went on loan, he went to Ipswich on loan. I was laughing my head off.

"When we were beaten by Wales, he didn't have a good game. Wardy played, didn't have a good game. They need to go back and watch how bad they were."

And on his future job prospects as a manager, Keane is adamant he still has plenty to offer.

"I wouldn't say I'm addicted to management, I definitely want to have another crack at it. I don't think Real Madrid will be calling me. Unless the right opportunity comes up, I'll back away from it.

"I'd like to have another crack at it and see where it takes it. If I go back to a club, it's got to be a manager, simply as that. I knew after a month or two, the assistant manager's role at club level, it didn't really suit me. The club stuff, nah, I definitely would want to go back in and be a manager. People talk about my role in the dressing room, particularly people who have never been in the dressing room with me, I used to kill three people a week," he joked.

"I'm fairly placid in the dressing room, trust me. This image is hard to shake off. Have I made mistakes? Of course I have. My traits have took me so far. Certain aspects of my management skills, I will probably make lots of mistakes."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/--948466.html

WhiteJC

"There were some clubs" – Fulham player on interest from foreign clubs, summer talks with Parker

Stefan Johansen was restricted to only four starts at Fulham in the first half of last season and limited playing time saw Claudio Ranieri allow the midfielder go out on loan to West Bromwich Albion in January.

The Italian was sacked a month later and Scott Parker was appointed as a caretaker manager. The latter was appointed as the permanent coach after the Cottagers' relegation to the Championship was confirmed.

Johansen had an opportunity to leave the country in January, but he decided to join the Baggies on a temporary deal in order to continue his stay in England.

"So, there were some clubs [outside England], I should not hide. But I went to West Brom and I felt it was a great club for me," the 28-year-old told Norway's TV2.

"At that time, I felt I had to go away and play football again. That was the main reason I went there [West Brom] and then I came back to Fulham this summer and had a good chat with the manager. He said he wanted to bet on me, so that's always been what I wanted.

"I have been very fond of the club and my family is thriving in the city, and so I think it is desirable to be in England."

Fulham are placed sixth in the table with 10 points, trailing league leaders Swansea City by six points, and the Norway international believes Parker has a strong squad at his disposal to help the club get back to the Premier League.

"Now we are in the second level, but I think we have a good enough team that we can go straight up again. For me, of course, the Premier League is the coolest league in the world, so that's the goal," he explained.

"Last season was nowhere near as I wished. Neither for me nor for the club. It got a little chaotic.

"But now they have found a man [for what] they are aiming for. When we get further and work on it, it is clear that it will get better. Scott has come in and been clear on his ideas, so there is a big difference."

Johansen has already featured six times for the English side in the Championship this season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/there-were-some-clubs-fulham-player-on-interest-from-foreign-clubs-summer-talks-with-parker/

WhiteJC

Premier League Cup

Fulham have been drawn in Group B of the Premier League Cup, alongside Everton, Watford and one of Plymouth Argyle or Yeovil Town.

The Under-23 competition follows the same format as the Champions League, except that knockout matches are one leg only.

The Group Stage will kick off in October, running until February.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/september/05/premier-league-cup

WhiteJC

Fulham star explains why he turned down offers away from Craven Cottage

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has said that he decided to remain at Craven Cottage to help the fight to return to the Premier League and repay the "love and respect" he is shown by the club.

Since arriving in England, striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has proven himself as a passionate striker, and a prolific goalscorer. Upon Newcastle United's relegation to the Championship, he stayed to help them win promotion back to the Premier League and this summer, he did the same with Fulham.

'Mitro' joined Fulham on an initial loan deal to help them win promotion to the Premier League and since joining on a permanent basis, he has become a fan favourite.

Now, speaking to Serbian media outlet Alo (quotes via Sport Witness), he has said that he decided to remain with Fulham to repay the faith shown by the club, saying he is happy at the club.

"I have had a lot of offers from the Premier League and other European leagues, but I am not sorry to stay in Fulham. I am happy at Craven Cottage, as is my family, which is very important to me.

"I score goals, the league is of very high quality, maybe physically stronger than the Premier League. There are 46 games in a season. I play often and I am happy."

Mitrovic went on to discuss how he could not jump ship upon the Cottagers' relegation to the Championship, saying that he was taught at a young age to respect the club you play for.

"At the club they love and respect me, they gave as much as they could," He added.

"I'm not one of those who run away from problems. I did not feel the need to leave Fulham. I want to fight with the team to get back to the Premier League.

"I was so taught from a young age, back in Partizan, to love the club, to respect it and be loyal. I was at Fulham when everything went according to the plan and it is not okay to leave the team when the ship sinks a little."

https://the72.co.uk/144082/fulham-star-explains-why-he-turned-down-offers-away-from-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

Michael Hector move to Fulham agreed

Michael Hector will join Fulham on a permanent transfer which will be completed in the next transfer window.

Ahead of that January move, the 27-year-old will train with Fulham.

Hector spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and made 39 appearances as the Owls finished 12th in the second tier. The defender's performances earned praise and he will now return to the Championship with our near neighbours.

Hector signed for Chelsea from Reading in September 2015 after starting his youth career at Millwall. A boyhood Blues supporter, he immediately returned to the Madejski Stadium on loan and worked under our former defender Steve Clarke, establishing himself as a hugely important member of the Royals defence.

He spent a season in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt in 2016/17, where he featured regularly as the Bundesliga side finished in a respectable 11th position and reached the DFB-Pokal final. On his return to England, Hector joined Hull City of the Championship and played 38 times in all competitions, scoring once as the Tigers finished strongly to avoid a second consecutive relegation.

A Jamaican international who has featured in the Copa America and Gold Cup, Hector returned to Yorkshire last season with a year at Hillsborough. He quickly won his place in the side and was an integral part of Sheffield Wednesday enjoying a decent campaign.

We wish Michael well with the next step in his career.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/09/05/michael-hector-move-to-fulham-agreed?cardIndex=0-0

WhiteJC

Chelsea's forgotten centre-back set to leave Blues to join Fulham in January

The 27-year-old did not make an appearance for the Blues

Michael Hector during Chelsea's pre-season in 2018 (Photo by Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

Michael Hector will leave Chelsea in January after an agreement was made with Fulham to transfer him permanently.

The 27-year-old has been with the Blues since 2015, however has not made an appearance for the club and, instead, has been on several loans.

The Jamaican international has spent time at Reading, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday, impressing with the Owls in the Championship.

A deal for the centre-back with Fulham was close in the summer transfer window, however fell through at the last minute and instead he remained with the Blues, training with the rest of the loan players and youth team.

However, ahead of his permanent transfer in January, Hector is now going to heading to Fulham to train with his new club, instead of at Cobham.

Before joining Chelsea, Hector was also at Reading on a permanent basis, however made little impact and was bounced around on loan as well.

But last season with Sheffield Wednesday he made 39 appearances to help the Owls to 12th in the Championship table.

However, his time with Chelsea has now come to an end and he will be back playing in January in the second tier.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/michael-hector-transfer-chelsea-fulham-16872289

WhiteJC

Chelsea confirm defender Michael Hector will make permanent switch to London neighbours Fulham in January transfer window

Chelsea have confirmed defender Michael Hector will be signing for Fulham
    The 27-year-old will officially complete his move in the January transfer window
    Hector will begin training with the Cottagers immediately prior to the switch

Chelsea defender Michael Hector will complete a permanent move to London neighbours Fulham during the January transfer window, the club have confirmed.

Hector, 27, will begin training with his new club immediately before officially completing the move and being eligible to play for the Cottagers in five months' time.

Boyhood Chelsea fan Hector signed for the Blues from Reading in September 2015 after starting his youth career at Millwall.

Chelsea defender Michael Hector will complete a transfer to London neighbours Fulham

After failing to break through into the Chelsea squad, Hector spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and made 39 appearances as the Owls finished 12th in the second tier.

Throughout an experienced career, Hector also tried his hand in German football after spending a season in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt in 2016-17.

He featured regularly as the Bundesliga side finished in 11th position in the top flight and reached the DFB-Pokal final.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7431997/Chelsea-confirm-defender-Michael-Hector-make-Fulham-move.html

WhiteJC

Official: Michael Hector joins Fulham from Chelsea

Correcting the course after a deadline day collapse

Chelsea defender Michael Hector had failed to find his way out of Stamford Bridge this summer, with a potential switch to either Sheffield Wednesday or Fulham collapsing on deadline day. Still, he was able to find his exit from the Blues by arranging a January transfer to the latter at the Championship.

Although the 27-year-old was a Chelsea player since summer 2015, he never set foot on the pitch while donning our uniform in official matches. Instead, he added four seasons on loan at four different clubs in the four years he spent with us, taking his loan tally to 15 teams across 10 years as a professional player.

His last loan move was at Sheffield Wednesday, where he had a pretty solid year at the Championship last season. He was selected as the club's Player of the Year by the fans, earning 42% of the votes.

While he was unable to complete his return to Hillsborough Stadium, Fulham were able to get his services for them — thus correcting the course after being thrown in distress by Tottenham and their shenanigans over Ryan Sessegnon.

Hector only had one year left on his Chelsea contract. But since he is officially moving to Fulham on January, we can only assume that the club got a fee, even if small, from his transfer. In the meantime, Hector will be training with the Cottagers, hoping to keep up his fitness in the run-up to half-season.

Goodbye, Big Hec!

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/9/5/20851163/official-michael-hector-joins-fulham-from-chelsea

WhiteJC

Michael Hector: Chelsea defender to join Fulham in January

Michael Hector scored two goals in 39 appearances while on loan at Sheffield Wednesday last season

Fulham have agreed a deal to sign Chelsea defender Michael Hector in January 2020 for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old has not made a senior appearance for the Blues since joining the Premier League club from Reading in September 2015.

He has subsequently spent time back on loan with the Royals and has had stints with German side Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday.

Hector has signed a contract with the Whites until the summer of 2022.

The west London club have the option to extend the Jamaica international's stay at Craven Cottage by a further 12 months.

Hector will begin training with Fulham immediately ahead of his move.

"Although Michael can't officially join until January, what's important is he's now a member of Fulham," vice chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan told the club website.

"Michael will help us challenge for promotion and make us better in the second half of the season at a time when depth, experience and quality will be at a premium in the Championship."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49599677

WhiteJC

Michael Hector to join Fulham from Chelsea in January

Michael Hector will join Fulham from London neighbours Chelsea in January after signing a contract until 2022.

The 27-year-old centre-back has already started training with Fulham - who have the option to extend his deal for a further 12 months - before officially completing his move in the New Year.

After arriving at Craven Cottage, Hector told Fulham's website: "It's good to now be a part of the setup here. Hopefully things can work out well and we can get promoted.

"I know how tough the Championship is and it won't be any different for us. We'll have to work hard for it but the squad is very good and my job will be to help them push for promotion."

Hector joined Chelsea from Reading in 2015 but never played a competitive game for the club.

He spent the majority of his time out on loan, and had spells at Reading, Frankfurt and Hull.

Hector, who has 30 caps for Jamaica, spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, where he won their player of the year award.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11802962/michael-hector-to-join-fulham-from-chelsea-in-january

WhiteJC

Confirmed: Fulham secure January deal for Chelsea misfit Michael Hector

The 27-year-old has penned permanent terms at Craven Cottage to commence when the window reopens.

Fulham have completed the signing of uncompromising defender Michael Hector from Chelsea, as confirmed on the official website of the Championship club.

The 27-year-old will officially sign for the Cottagers in January when the transfer window reopens; although the player will train with his new club until then.

Hector was a revelation during a loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday last season. He played 37 times for the Owls and adhered himself to supporters who would have loved him back at Hillsborough.

The centre-back will leave Chelsea having failed to make a first-team appearance for the club. He has earned game time on loan at Reading, Eintracht Frankfurt and Hull City.

He is also a full Jamaican international winning 24 caps for his country.

Fulham boss Scott Parker sees his team sit sixth after the first six games of the season, winning 10 points so far.

He will hope his team is nicely poised for a genuine assault on promotion when Hector can get involved in January.

TBR Verdict – Hector could prove a useful addition

Hector was in fine form for Sheffield Wednesday last season, proving a key component of their team.

They would have loved to sign him permanently but perhaps the finances on a deal weren't quite right for the South Yorkshire-based outfit.

Wednesday's loss is Fulham's gain, however, and this addition should see Fulham in great shape for the second half of the campaign.

Hector possesses strength, power and is capable of playing out from the back.

After failing to make the first-team grade at Stamford Bridge he will be keen to reach the Premier League with Fulham and prove his worth to the doubters.

https://tbrfootball.com/fulham-michael-hector/

WhiteJC

How much Fulham will pay Chelsea as Michael Hector ends bizarre stay at Stamford Bridge
Fulham have coughed up £8million to take Michael Hector off west London rivals Chelsea's hands.

How much Fulham will pay Chelsea as Michael Hector ends bizarre stay at Stamford Bridge (Image: GETTY)

Michael Hector has joined Fulham from Chelsea in an £8million deal – after not playing a competitive game for the Stamford Bridge club in four years.

The 27-year-old defender was a target for relegated Fulham in the summer but a deal fell through – but he will now be available to play for the Championship side when deal is completed in January.

Hector has had a bizarre four years since joining Chelsea from Reading in 2015, failing to play a single senior game for the club and joining four different teams in on loan.

Last season he was at Sheffield Wednesday and was an ever-present in the Owls starting XI.

Hector has had no less than fifteen separate loan spells at both Reading and Chelsea in the course of his career.

While at Chelsea, the Jamaica international was been loaned back to old club Reading, as well as to Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull and Wednesday.

The centre-back will train with Fulham until January, when he will become eligible to play.

Hector said: "It was an easy decision to make. My Mum's from Fulham, so it's nice to join a club that some of my family support.

"It's good to now be a part of the setup here. Hopefully things can work out well and we can get promoted. I know how tough the Championship is and it won't be any different for us.

"We'll have to work hard for it but the squad is very good and my job will be to help them push for promotion."

Hector's £8m departure comes after Chelsea waved goodbye to fellow defenders Gary Cahill, David Luiz, Tomas Kalas, Kenneth Omeruo and Matt Miazga over the summer.

Frank Lampard still has plenty of options at his disposal, with Antonio Ruddier, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen and Fikayo Tomori on the books at Stanford Bridge.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1174425/Chelsea-Fulham-Michael-Hector-Transfer-News

WhiteJC

'Gutted', 'We blew it' – Plenty of Sheffield Wednesday fans aren't happy as transfer target moves elsewhere

Chelsea have recently announced that Michael Hector has left the club to join Fulham, in a deal which will be formally completed in January 2020.

Hector joined the Blues in 2015 from Reading, but failed to make a competitive start for the Premier League side in his four-year association with them.

He spent last year's campaign on loan with Sheffield Wednesday, and made 37 league appearances for the Owls, who certainly grew fond of the Jamaican.

Sheffield Wednesday were keen to see him sign permanently over the summer, but a move failed to materialise as they were unable to match Chelsea's £5m valuation of the defender.

The Hillsborough faithful will be hoping that their side don't live to regret not signing the 27-year-old on a permanent basis, as Fulham look to make an immediate return to the Premier League this season.

Plenty of Sheffield Wednesday fans weren't too pleased to see their side miss out on signing Hector.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/gutted-we-blew-it-plenty-of-sheffield-wednesday-fans-arent-happy-as-transfer-target-moves-elsewhere/

WhiteJC

87.9% pass success rate: A closer look at the man centring the latest Tottenham, Fulham transfer saga

Despite the summer transfer window closing for Championship and Premier League sides last month, it seems as if Tottenham Hotspur are already looking ahead to January by targeting one of Fulham's most exciting prospects.

According to The Sun, Spurs are reportedly interested in signing Steve Sessegnon from the Cottagers.

A product of Fulham's youth academy, the teenager has made a rapid rise to prominence in recent years.

After making his debut for the senior side in 2017, Sessegnon played an integral role in helping England win the U17 World Cup by providing two assists in the final against Spain.

Whilst the 2018/19 campaign saw the defender struggle considerably for game time due to the presence of Cyrus Christie and Denis Odoi, he has made an encouraging start to the current season under the guidance of Scott Parker.

Particularly impressive during Fulham's recent victories over Millwall and Huddersfield Town, it is clear that Sessegnon has a bright future ahead of him.

Yet with Spurs monitoring his progress, is the defender ready to make the switch to the Premier League?

Here, in our latest spotlight article, we will provide a definitive answer to this question by taking a look at Sessegnon's statistics from this season.

Having played a total of 366 minutes of action so far this year, it is fair to say that Sessegnon is emerging as a mainstay in Fulham's side.

The 19-year-old has already surpassed the amount of appearances that he achieve during the previous campaign by featuring on four occasions for the Cottagers this season.

In these particular match-ups, Sessegnon has illustrated an unerring level of composure whilst in possession, which has resulted in him achieving a pass success rate of 87.9%.

Not afraid of taking risks, the full-back has completed 93 forward passes for Fulham in the Championship.

When you consider just how good he is with the ball at his feet, Sessegnon could thrive in the Premier League under a manager who champions a possession-based style of football.

However, if he is to make the switch to the top-flight, the England Under-20 international will have to improve his aerial threat as he has only won 31.3% of his duels in this particular area this season.

Whilst he not necessarily a domineering full-back, Sessegnon has unquestionably improved in a defensive sense this season.

As well as making 18 interceptions for Fulham, he has also won 56.4% of his defensive duels, which is an encouraging statistic for someone who is still developing as a player.

Providing that Sessegnon can remain consistent over the coming months, it would not be at all surprising if a whole host of Premier League sides come calling in January as he is without doubt a special talent.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/87-9-pass-success-rate-a-closer-look-at-the-man-centring-the-latest-tottenham-fulham-transfer-saga/

WhiteJC

Leicester City take former Fulham starlet on trial - report

He's reportedly been training with City this week

Leicester City have reportedly taken starlet Lucas Ness on trial.

According to 90min.com, Ness has had permission from Southern Football League side Metropolitan Police to join up with City this week.

Ness is said to have attracted admirers from City's Premier League rivals and teams in the Championship.

And the report adds City are at the front of the queue for Ness, who helped the Met to a third placed finish last season.

Ness was previously on the books at Fulham.

In the event Ness signs for City he would likely go straight into Steve Beaglehole's Under-23s side.

City's development squad signed five players this summer, with Darragh O'Connor, Callum Hulme, Devontae Daley-Campbell, George Hirst, Ali Reghba and Mitch Clarke all moving to the East Midlands.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-take-former-fulham-3288557

WhiteJC

The Fulham man who is facing a huge dilemma over his Craven Cottage future

This article is part of Football League World's 'Player view' series. This content strand is where we put ourselves in the shoes of a given player and offer an opinion-based outlook on the perspective on the situation at hand...

Steven Sessegnon's rise to prominence in recent years can be backdated to 2015 when he made his debut for England's Under-16 side.

Having produced a number of encouraging displays in Fulham's youth setup, the full-back made a brief cameo for the Three Lions in a 2-0 victory over Brazil.

Whilst this would turn out to be Sessegnon's only appearance for the Under-16s, it didn't take him long to create headlines with the Under-17s.

Playing alongside the likes of Jaden Sancho, Phil Foden and Callum Hudson-Odoi, the defender helped England win the U17 World Cup in 2017 by providing five assists in five appearances, two of which came in the final against Spain.

Yet whilst this aforementioned trio have gone on to achieve relative amounts of success with their respective club sides, Sessegnon has had to be patient at Craven Cottage.

With the likes of Cyrus Christie and Dennis Odoi sharing the responsibility at right-back for Fulham in the Premier League last season, the 18-year-old was limited to just three appearances in all competitions.

Meanwhile, Sessegnon's twin brother Ryan managed to cement his place as a regular for the Cottagers following an astonishing 2017/18 campaign in the Championship, which saw him provide 24 goal contributions in 49 league appearances.

Whilst the left-winger was unable to replicate the same levels of consistency in the top-flight last season, Tottenham Hotspur decided to snap him up on transfer deadline day and could now be about to swoop for Steve.

With Sessegnon being linked with a move to Spurs earlier this week (via The Sun), he is suddenly facing a huge dilemma.

Having kicked off the 2019/20 campaign in fine form for Fulham by making six appearances for the club in all competitions, the full-back will fancy his chances of helping the club make an immediate return to the top-flight next year following last season's relegation.

Yet given that Spurs are supposedly keen on securing his services, you wouldn't blame Sessegnon for jumping at the opportunity to join his brother at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

However, if he is worried about his prospects of playing regular first-team football, it may be wise to turn down a switch.

Whilst he is unlikely to overtake the likes of Serge Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters in the pecking order at Tottenham, staying with the Cottagers will allow him to continue his development as a player.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-fulham-man-who-is-facing-a-huge-dilemma-over-his-craven-cottage-future/