more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup(The journey begins today)

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 07, 2019, 02:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Round 1 Qualifying today.
My other love Tooting n Mitcham v AFC Varndeanians of Brighton...The sun is shining on Imperial fields...Come on You Terrors. 049:gif

SP

Loved my visits to T&M, great ground & atmosphere.  Although, I have to say, they served us the worst pints of Youngs we've ever had.

Whitestone

The journey actually started on 10th August when the Extra Preliminary Round was held. Then the Preliminary Round on 24 August leading up to today's fixtures.

filham

If we are mid table come January ,way behind the leaders, then I will have real interest in the FA cup and will be looking for us to have a good run.

If on the other hand we are close to the Championship leaders I think I will want out, away to Man. u. would do fine.

Mince n Tatties

Penfold

Was at Earlsmead for the delights of Harrow Borough v Binfield. Comfortable 5-0 for the Borough. Maybe Tooting in the next round?

kiwian

I love scrolling through the results looking for unique names-my favourite today was Mangotsfield Utd v Blackfield & Langley, love it.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

bobbo

It actually began about a month ago, my local team I played for got knocked out by Wembley FC about 4 weeks ago.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bobbo on September 08, 2019, 08:52:50 AM
It actually began about a month ago, my local team I played for got knocked out by Wembley FC about 4 weeks ago.

Yes extra preliminary rounds.
This is the official 1st Round Qualifying.

Burt

My local team (the Met Police!!) drew 1-1 against Horsham.

hovewhite

Quote from: SP on September 07, 2019, 03:28:12 PM
Loved my visits to T&M, great ground & atmosphere.  Although, I have to say, they served us the worst pints of Youngs we've ever had.
well Young's as we know it as it's now brewed Charles Wells brewery which I think is in Kent ,so different water,also original ram rod brewery now no more than a memory and when I lived locally used get my Brewers yeast sometimes for my home brew.

SG

Quote from: Penfold on September 07, 2019, 06:38:49 PM
Was at Earlsmead for the delights of Harrow Borough v Binfield. Comfortable 5-0 for the Borough. Maybe Tooting in the next round?
Used to płay for Binfield many years ago as a young lad. Don't remember taking part in the FA Cup then though

SG

Quote from: hovewhite on September 08, 2019, 02:11:23 PM
well Young's as we know it as it's now brewed Charles Wells brewery which I think is in Kent ,so different water,also original ram rod brewery now no more than a memory and when I lived locally used get my Brewers yeast sometimes for my home brew.
Fulham one week Sandy Lane,T&M the next in my formative years

Penfold

Quote from: SG on September 08, 2019, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: Penfold on September 07, 2019, 06:38:49 PM
Used to płay for Binfield many years ago as a young lad. Don't remember taking part in the FA Cup then though

Per the little history bit in the programme, 2009 was first year Binfield played in FA Cup.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SG on September 08, 2019, 03:55:45 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on September 08, 2019, 02:11:23 PM
Fulham one week Sandy Lane,T&M the next in my formative years

Just before my time,but they held  Nottingham Forest to a draw at Sandy lane then lost the replay.
Forest went on to win cup that year.