more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 07/09/19...

Started by WhiteJC, September 07, 2019, 08:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Hector: Fulham In The Family

January cannot come soon enough for Michael Hector.

The defender has agreed a deal to move to Fulham from neighbours Chelsea, but he will not officially join the Club until the New Year.

And while he would like to be playing immediately, Hector will be using this time training with his new team to be in the best possible position come January.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, he said: "With the football I've had over the last couple of years, obviously I love playing Saturday-Tuesday, whenever I can, so it's going to be hard to just be training and watching the lads play.

"But it gives me time to get used to the way things are done here and to get to know my teammates and the Gaffer, and how he likes to do things.

"The players keep saying it'll be like a long pre-season! It will be good to get really fit and strong, mentally as well, and get ready for the tough games that are going to come in the New Year.

"Hopefully things can work out well and we can get promoted. I know how tough the Championship is and it won't be any different for us.

"We'll have to work hard for it but the squad is very good and my job will be to help them push for promotion."

Players coming from Chelsea to Fulham have enjoyed considerable success in recent years, and Hector received ringing endorsements from his former colleagues Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon, amongst others.

"I spoke to Tom and Lucas and they said very good things about it," he revealed. "Ollie Norwood as well who I know from Reading.

"I spoke to all the players who have been a part of things here and everyone said good things. The Club has got a good connection with Chelsea, and even the staff there told me what a good club Fulham is.

"It was an easy decision to make. My Mum's from Fulham, so it's nice to join a club that some of my family support. She's not a Fulham fan but some of her family is.

"My second cousin's a massive fan, a Season Ticket Holder. I hadn't told him that I was joining so I'm sure it'll be a nice surprise when he finds out that he can come and watch me play."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/september/06/michael-hector-fulham-in-the-family

WhiteJC

Fulham Finally Act To Strengthen That Wobbly Defence

After Fulham were relegated from the Premier League, here at Vital Fulham, we assumed that the club would bring in some defensive reinforcements this summer.

Strangely it didn't happen and once again the defence has looked far from sound in our opening Championship games.

But, in what could be described as a case of better than never, it is being reported by The BBC, that Fulham have signed a central defender.

The man tasked with stiffening up the Cottagers defence is the Chelsea defender Michael Hector.

Hector has been at Stamford Bridge since September 2015 but has never actually made a senior appearance for our neighbours having spent a significant period out on loan, with Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull City, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday.

However, having signed Hector, for what is described as an undisclosed fee, Fulham supporters will, due to the signing being made after the transfer window had closed, not see Hector pull on a first-team shirt, in anger, until January when the winter transfer window opens.

Quite why Fulham couldn't get this deal done before the transfer window slammed shut remains baffling!

COYW's

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-finally-act-to-strengthen-that-wobbly-defence/

WhiteJC

27-y/o sends personal message after agreeing Fulham deal

Centre-back Michael Hector has sent a personal message after his agreement to join Fulham in January was confirmed on Thursday.

Hector had been training with the Whites in recent weeks after failing to agree a transfer to Craven Cottage from Chelsea in adequate time at the end of the summer transfer, but they now have their man.

Taking to Instagram and writing alongside a photograph of himself in training, Hector wrote: "New chapter same vibes."

Last season saw him spend the season on loan with Sheffield Wednesday in the second tier, becoming a fan favourite in the process.

In total he made 37 appearances under Jos Luhukay and Steve Bruce, scoring two goals and picking up the club's player of the season award in the process.

But it is Fulham who have won the race for his permanent signature, tying him down to a three-year deal in South-West London which will become active in January.

Following their relegation from the Premier League, The Whites surprisingly opted not to make any defensive signings, with Parker keener to strengthen his attacking options instead.

The verdict

This is a very, very good signing for Fulham.

Whilst the fans will be pleased with their start to the season, their frailties at the back will still remain apparent to them, but those fears will have been largely put to bed.

Hector will bring a lot of leadership to the back-line and a steeliness that is perhaps lacking in the slick side at the moment.

It will be interesting to see what effect this news has on the performance levels of Le Marchand, Mawson and Ream as well.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/27-y-o-sends-personal-message-after-agreeing-fulham-deal/

WhiteJC

Coming Soon: The Ryan Sessegnon Story

FFCtv is pleased to present #OneOfOurOwn: The Ryan Sessegnon Story.

The 40-minute documentary charts the career of one of Fulham's greatest ever Academy products, from his arrival at the Club back in the summer of 2008, all the way through to becoming one of the first names on the teamsheet.

As well as interviews with Ryan, the feature length piece sees us speak to his family members, his coaches for both club and country, and those who worked closest with him during his 11 years at Fulham.

Narrated by Ivan Berry, join us as we celebrate one of Fulham's favourite sons, and the fantastic work done by our Academy that helped get him to where he is today.

#OneOfOurOwn can be viewed on fulhamfc.com from midday on Sunday, and the only way to watch it is with a FFCtv subscription.

Priced at just £5 a month or £45 / £120 (including live matchday video, overseas fans only) for the season, FFCtv subscribers get closer to the action with highlights and live commentary of every game, as well as access to exclusive FFCtv one-off feature pieces such as #OneOfOurOwn.

See below for a sneak preview of what's to come in the documentary.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/september/06/coming-soon-the-ryan-sessegnon-story

WhiteJC

Leeds United star sees off Fulham competition to be named Championship best player

Reach regional Championship writers have chosen their best player in the league

Leeds United playmaker Pablo Hernandez (Image: Getty Images)

Leeds United's Pablo Hernandez is the best player in the Championship, according to Reach's Regional football writers.

Hernandez, who has two goals and two assists already this season, has seen off competition from Fulham striker Aleksander Mitrovic.

Hull City's Jarrod Bowen has been voted as the third-best player in the league with Ivan Cavaleiro fourth. Another Fulham player makes up the top five with Cottagers skipper Tom Cairney fifth best on our list.

Kalvin Phillips, who has been rated at around £30m by Leeds, comes in at sixth player among Reach regional writers.

We asked each of our writers, who watch the league every week, to pick their best five players from the division. It didn't have to be based on this season but in general on what they have seen with these players.

The best five players in the Championship

1. Pablo Hernandez (Leeds)

2. Aleksander Mitrovic (Fulham)

3. Jarrod Bowen (Hull City)

4. Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)

5. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

Aleksandar Mitrovic of Fulham

Steven Chicken (Huddersfield Examiner)

2. Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)

3. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

5. Kamil Grabara (Huddersfield)
Brian Dick (BirminghamLive)

2. Kasey Palmer (Bristol City)

3. Lukas Jutkiewicz (Birmingham)

4. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

5. Joe Lolley (Nottingham Forest)
Gregor MacGregor (Bristol Live)

2. Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)

3. Anthony Knockaert (Fulham)

4. Tomas Kalas (Bristol City)

5. Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)

James Piercy (Bristol Live)

3. Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

5. Jarrod Bowen (Hull City)
Philip Buckingham (Hull Live)

1. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

2. Pablo Hernandez (Leeds)

4. Aleksander Mitrovic (Fulham)

5. Ollie Watkins (Brentford)

Dom Shaw (Teesside Live)

1. Jarrod Bowen (Hull City)

3. Darren Randolph (Middlesbrough)

4. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

5. Patrick Bamford (Leeds)

Joe Mewis (Leeds Live)

2. Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)

4. Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

5. Aleksander Mitrovic (Fulham)
Jonathan Low (Berkshire Live)

1. Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)

2. Jarrod Bowen (Hull City)

3. Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

4. Pablo Hernandez (Leeds)

5. Sergi Canos (Brentford)
Chris Watson (Derbyshire Live)

2. Aleksander Mitrovic (Fulham)

3. Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)

4. Tomas Kalas (Bristol City)

5. Richard Keogh (or Wayne Rooney when he joins in Jan!)

Fulham forward Ivan Cavaleiro

Matt Davies (Nottinghamshire Live)

1. Aleksander Mitrovic (Fulham)

2. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

3. Pablo Hernandez (Leeds)

4. Jarrod Bowen (Hull City)

5. Eberechi Eze (QPR)
Joseph Chapman (Birmingham Live)

1. Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)

2. Pablo Hernandez (Leeds)

3. Matheus Pereira (West Brom)

5. Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)

Ian Mitchelmore (Wales Online)

2. Jarrod Bowen (Hull City)

3. Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)

5. Bersant Celina (Swansea)
Glen Williams (Wales Online)

5. Joe Ralls (Cardiff City)

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney

Phil Spencer (Football.London)

3. Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)

5. Tom Cairney (Fulham)
Alex James (Lancs Live)

1. Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)

2. Said Benrahma (Brentford)

3. Tom Cairney (Fulham)

4. Ben Pearson (Preston)

5. Bradley Dack (Blackburn)

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-fulham-bristol-championship-3291931

WhiteJC

Details of Chelsea, Fulham transfer agreement emerge

Championship side Fulham paid Chelsea £8million for the signing of defender Michael Hector, a report from the Daily Express has claimed.

It was announced earlier this week that Hector had signed a contract at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2022 – with the club holding the option of extending that deal by a further 12 months – although the centre back will not be available to feature for Scott Parker's side until the transfer window reopens in January.

According to the latest reports, Fulham have paid £8million for the 27-year-old, who was in the final season of his contract at Stamford Bridge, meaning he could have left the club for free next summer.

Fulham had previously made just one senior permanent signing during the summer transfer, with midfielder Josh Onomah joining from Tottenham as part of a move that saw Ryan Sessegnon head in the opposite direction.

Hector joined Chelsea from Reading in the summer of 2015, but never made an appearance for the Premier League side, instead spending the entirety of his career with the club on loan with the Royals, Hull City, Eintracht Frankfurt and Sheffield Wednesday.

The Verdict

I don't actually think this is too bad a deal for Fulham.

Having struggled to recruit in the defensive areas during the summer, and with other clubs seemingly interested in Hector, I can understand why they moved quickly to secure the services of the defender ahead of the January window.

Considering they hadn't exactly spent big during the transfer window – instead relying mostly on loan deals to strengthen their side – and with funds from their spell in the Premier League last season also available, you imagine this was rather affordable for the Cottagers.

Given he never actually played for Chelsea, you also imagine The Blues themselves will have been happy with the business done here.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/details-of-chelsea-fulham-transfer-agreement-emerge/

WhiteJC

Defender sends message after sealing move from Chelsea to return to the Championship

Michael Hector has moved from Chelsea to Fulham after impressing in the Championship with Sheffield Wednesday last season

Michael Hector has taken to social media to comment on his move from Chelsea to Fulham.

The 27-year-old is set to join Fulham on a permanent deal in January, after an agreement was reached between the two west London clubs.

The deal was announced yesterday (Thursday), with the Jamaican international leaving the Blues after being with the club since 2015. However, he has not made a single appearance for Chelsea in that time, instead going out on loan on several occasions.

Hector has had spells at Reading, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday, with the defender particularly impressing with the Owls in the Championship last season.

That is where he will ply his trade again from January, with Hector joining Fulham, having been linked with Scott Parker's side during the summer transfer window.

A deal was close to being done in the summer window, but broke down late on, with Hector staying at Chelsea, where he was training with the youth team and loan players at the club's training ground in Cobham.

But he has now linked up with Fulham to train with his new team-mates ahead of his switch, which will go through when the transfer window opens in January.

And Hector has posted a message on social networking website Instagram after joining the Fulham squad in training.

His message, which can be seen below, read: "New chapter, same vibes."

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/defender-message-after-move-chelsea-16877700

WhiteJC

Chelsea Agree To Part Ways With This Defensive Ace In January: Good Move For All Parties?

Chelsea have confirmed on their official website that they have decided to sell their Jamaican centre-half Michael Hector for an undisclosed fee to Fulham when the transfer window reopens in January. In an interview with Fulham's official website, Hector revealed that he is looking forward to the new challenge at Craven Cottage and said,

"It was an easy decision to make. My Mum is from Fulham, so it's nice to join a club that some of my family support.

"It's good to now be a part of the set-up here. Hopefully things can work out well and we can get promoted. I know how tough the Championship is and it won't be any different for us.

"We'll have to work hard for it but the squad is very good and my job will be to help them push for promotion."

The Story Of Michael Hector In English Football
The Jamaican defender is a Reading academy graduate who came through the youth ranks of the Royals before going on to have numerous loan spells in the lower divisions of English football. The Pensioners decided to bring Hector to Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2015. However, he was immediately loaned back to the Madejski Stadium to earn more first-team experience.

Upon his return, the London-born prospect failed to impress and had to experience loans spells with Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday. He never got a chance to make an appearance for Chelsea, which is a shame considering he was born and brought up at West London.

However, Hector's move to Fulham in January could be an ideal opportunity for him to get his career back on track in English football. The Pensioners are better off selling him in January as they can now use the money generated from his sale to get in other recruits when their transfer ban is over.

Hector's Memorable Loan Spell At Sheffield Wednesday Last Season
Hector enjoyed a brilliant spell at Sheffield Wednesday last season when he featured in 39 matches for them while scoring two goals on all fronts. On the defensive end, the Jamaican prospect made an average of 2.1 tackles, 1.5 interceptions and 5.4 clearances per game in the EFL Championship (stats via whoscored).

His incredible contributions for the Owls did not go unnoticed as the club named him their player of the season in the previous term. Hector is a menacing presence inside his own half and can be a capable defender at the back. He can win a lot of aerial duels and is known for making some vital interceptions for his side.

Chelsea's Decision To Sell Hector To Fulham: Good Move For All Parties?
However, he is not good enough to play in the English top-flight, so his future move to join the Cottagers will be a welcome one for all parties as he will be able to establish himself in the Fulham first-team and help them compete for a promotion spot in the second half of this campaign. Therefore, Hector's switch to Craven Cottage in January could turn out to be a deal that benefits everyone involved.

https://the4thofficial.net/2019/09/chelsea-agree-to-part-ways-with-this-defensive-ace-in-january-good-move-for-all-parties/