watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Bromwich Albion

Started by Fernhurst, September 08, 2019, 08:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Above us in the league with twelve points and one of only three teams NOT to have lost a game in the first six.
Sounds like a tight and stuffy old game. Unfortunately this appears to be their forte as their games have been low scoring affairs but last time out they just squeezed a winner in a five goal game against Blackburn.  Unlike WBA we have smashed four past Millwall but have also lost two Championship games already.

Team wise they may feature Mr Grecian 2000, Gareth Barry welcoming him back from injury.
We will also face Sam Johnston in goal, for the first time since that wonderful day at Wembley.
Charlie Austin will be a handful for Ream and co with Livermore coming through from midfield to give him support.

Not sure how this one will turn out, (they have already beaten Notts Forest at their place) but from their form so far this season if they get their noses in front it may be really difficult.
I would happily settle for 1-0 right now just to keep us in the mix Looking forward to Arter coming back and unwrapping our shiny new centre half.

Come on Fulham 1-0 will be plenty.

049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

West Brom will be our toughest opponents to date and the match is a six pointer. We will be without Arter but we now have options in midfield.

A lot depends on the condition of our players returning from the international break, Mitrovic in particular.

ffc73

IMO, if we have serious ambitions of a top 2 finish then WBA at home = 3 points.  End of.

Not saying it is impossible if we do not lose but the gap between us and Swansea, Leeds & WBA would get bigger and we know how difficult it was to chase Cardiff down last time.  23 unbeaten and still finished 3rd.

humussapiens

Quote from: filham on September 08, 2019, 09:51:42 PM
West Brom will be our toughest opponents to date and the match is a six pointer. We will be without Arter but we now have options in midfield.

A lot depends on the condition of our players returning from the international break, Mitrovic in particular.

Mitro scored a fine goal for Serbia in 2-4 home defeat to Portugal.

Sting of the North

Also, StefJo scored an opportunistic goal against Sweden yesterday. Although unfortunate for Sweden, it should be good for his confidence I reckon.

FFC1987

Being honest, I agree this is a must win game for a top 2 team but sadly, I don't hold much confidence. Hopefully I'm wrong.

filham

Good to hear of our players doing well in internationals but I imagine they now face a second game in the week then face a journey home and probable reporting to Motspur Park on Thursday with injuries or tiredness at least.

Parker will be in no position to select his team or decide on tactics until he has determined the state of his squad on Thursday.
Of course I suppose it is the same for West Brom.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on September 09, 2019, 10:29:24 AM
Good to hear of our players doing well in internationals but I imagine they now face a second game in the week then face a journey home and probable reporting to Motspur Park on Thursday with injuries or tiredness at least.

Parker will be in no position to select his team or decide on tactics until he has determined the state of his squad on Thursday.
Of course I suppose it is the same for West Brom.

Parker has non-international players of

Calv  Kamara Knockaert
        Cairney
      KMac  Reed
Bryan MLM Mawson Odoi
           Betts

plus Mitro is only playing Luxembourg
plus Reid is only playing Aruba

Which doesn't make a terrible starting lineup.

hovewhite

This could be a odd goal winner for either side I think.

Jim©

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, probably the two best "footballing" sides in the division and two that were widely expected to make up the top 3. I hope Arter's hard graft in the middle isn't missed too much, though I liked what I saw from Reed in that respect at Cardiff, a very similar player it would appear (so much so that they shouldn't play in same side unless away at tough opponents).
Not sure how many West Brom players will be travelling back from god knows where but we seem to have a good core of players still training at Motspur Park (not that that is a good sign!) but these things do have some impact.
3 points would be very welcome.

SuffolkWhite

Need three points from every game, but at least a draw against this lot would be no shame. As long as we fight and play to our best!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fernhurst

Just watched our 6-1 hammering in 2006 of WBA on the offal - another of those would do nicely, thank you.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 11, 2019, 03:20:01 PM
Just watched our 6-1 hammering in 2006 of WBA on the offal - another of those would do nicely, thank you.

I'll second that thought!

davew

Away on holiday for a week while the match is being played and no internet coverage, so will eagerly look forward to watching the match when I get back (taped Sky), just hope that this time in these circumstance we get a result, sadly it normally ends up a defeat!! Big test for Fulham, first game against a possible top 6 side and we haven´t done that great so far against lesser lights. COYW
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fluffyninja

Would take a point but hoping for all 3 , good opportunity for Stefjo or KMac

Whitesideup

Far too early to call a "must win". Having said that, we clearly we don't want the gap to grow.

I will be interested in the performance against a side I expect to finish top 4 and a good bet for automatic promotion. Their new Brazilian signing Pereira got rave reviews last time out, and apparently he is a real quality winger. Be interesting to see how we cope with him.

Despite being very unhappy with kick-off time, I'm really looking forward to it. COYW!

Fulham Tup North

If we can get the ball to Mitro more consistently, I can see us scoring a few.  5-0 please 👍😃🤞🙏
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fernhurst

May not be a six pointer at this point but a most important game.
Who on here would go for experience at right back for this one??

Steeeeeeeeeed

Early start, and a nice sunny day will help us with this one. Classic Fulham conditions, deffo win for the Fulham.

SP

Missing my first home game in ages & I'm hurting so much already.  To add insult to injury, we're only on a long weekend on the south coast which is easily doable on the train but the boss has articulated the consequences if I go AWOL.

:012: