more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Cash Still King

Started by JimmyConway, September 09, 2019, 04:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Quote from: filham on September 11, 2019, 12:13:14 PM
I understand Sweden is trying to completely eliminate cash by about 2022.

How do I replace that tasteful old expression about wanting to spend a penny when I have a need to urinate.
Desperate for a bitcoin?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

N_O_W_S

Quote from: filham on September 10, 2019, 10:29:15 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on September 10, 2019, 09:01:33 AM
I'm old school always pay cash always have cash on me even if I know i probably won't need to spend but I can see the advantages of cashless, just watched footage of a corner shop robbery cash taken from the till.
In a cashless world this type of crime would be a thing of the past, not going to happen in my lifetime but it will come.
Talk to a police officer and you will learn that large numbers of the force are employed  on Digital/Ciber crime and that the criminals are winning.

You know pretty quickly when your pocket has been picked for a few notes but you can be unaware for a long time that someone has dipped into your bank account for a large amount.

Not me! I dont have a large amount to pinch....

_Putney_

I miss the days of these things personally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_stones

But times change.......................

filham

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 11, 2019, 06:59:48 PM
I miss the days of these things personally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_stones

But times change.......................
Yes times change but in recent years the have been changing a little too quickly for comfort.

HobGoblin

Quote from: Jem on September 11, 2019, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: filham on September 11, 2019, 12:13:14 PM
I understand Sweden is trying to completely eliminate cash by about 2022.

How do I replace that tasteful old expression about wanting to spend a penny when I have a need to urinate.
Desperate for a bitcoin?

Even the beggars in Sweden have tap to pay banking when getting "Donations"

Me and the Mrs went to Stockholm and took the normal currency, practically everywhere was cashless. Horrible since our banks rip us off if you use a card abroad. I'm not even going to get on to the cost of a beer there ...

Berserker

Alot of people I deal with take cash only

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TheDaddy

I am a cash man, I even changed my bank card to non contactless  . Haven't a clue about on line banking leave that for her in doors to deal with. 
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "