watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Young USA Keeper joins under 18s.

Started by Lighthouse, September 10, 2019, 12:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

We are pleased welcome young Chicago Fire goalkeeper Damian Las on a three-year deal.

The stopper has featured for the USA Under-17s in various training camps and joins up with Steve Wigley in our Under-18s.

He joins the long list of Americans the Club has enlisted - including current squad members Tim Ream, Marlon Fossey and Luca de la Torre.

Following his arrival at Fulham, Las spoke to fulhamfc.com of his ambitions to continue the American success at Fulham.

"It feels great to be a Fulham player. I'm happy to be here finally. I'm happy for the future and I'm looking forward to it.

"I've been settling in a lot. I've got to know the players here and their style of play. I'm settling in well and the boys have welcomed me.

"I'm here at Fulham to work hard and prove to myself that I can be the best player I can possibly be. I'm happy to carry on the American heritage here.

"I think Fulham is the best club for me to develop as a goalkeeper. Hopefully I can continue the work being done here."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

As an American I am glad to see the tradition of American's being brought in to FFC continue.   Sadly I can give no information about this young lad as I do not follow the MLS and it's players very closely.   

Perhaps YankeeJim or another American FFC fan can give an opinion on the lad?
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

What's MLS? LOL

I watched those MLS guys take on the Mexican't the other day. Other then Pulisic, they were pathetic.
I don't know anything about the lad but keeper is the one position where we have produced a multitude of class players. Lets hope.

If your reading this kid, welcome. Your at the best club in the UK.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

jayffc

A couple of American friends saying he's been tipped to be their best GK prospect in years. And their "next Tim Howard" seems to be the line that pops up alot.

Lets hope so!  Good luck lad!

love4ffc

Interesting that people would say he is the next Tim Howard.  I hope that is true but, I think the next Tim Howard is Zack Steffen.  Zack was signed this season by Man City and sent out on loan to German club Fortuna Düsseldorf. 

Still, I'm glad to see another American at the club and hope he earns his place and does great things for Fulham  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?