Thursday Fulham Stuff (04.11.10)

Started by White Noise, November 04, 2010, 06:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham weighing up move for Portuguese hitman

Published 22:45 03/11/10

By Football Spy

(3)Recommend

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is tracking Guimaraes's £4m-rated Portuguese forward Joao Ribeiro, 22.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Fulham-weighing-up-move-for-Portuguese-hitman-Joao-Ribeiro-article620871.html#ixzz14IEaJJzX

White Noise

http://www.footylatest.com/liverpool-plan-swoop-for-three-premiership-stars/17734

Liverpool plan swoop for THREE Premiership stars

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is planning a triple raid on three separate Premiership clubs for three different players next summer.

Striker, Roman Pavyluchenko of Tottenham will be Liverpool's main strike target, as well as Manchester City's Sean Wright-Phillips who has been out of favour at Eastlands recently.

The third player will be Fulham's no-nonsense centre-back Brede Hangeland, whom it is assumed Liverpool require to add some more aerial threat to their attack and solidity in defence.

All three players have been the subject of transfer speculation in the past, with Spurs' Pavyluchenko making most of the transfer headlines for the White Hart Lane outfit, but no one would have predicted that Liverpool would be interested in Fulham's Hangeland and Man City's Wright-Phillips too. With all players experienced at Premiership level, it looks as though Hodgson wishes to sure up his team rather than risk any new cash on risky foreign imports.

The fact that Liverpool are now run by new owners should not mean that a new manager can make big deals for players who have no current Premiership experience and the players Hodgson has on his list, from Spurs, Manchester City and Fulham all have the ability to slip into most Premiership sides without the need for adaption.

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03112010/58/premier-league-match-facts-fulham-v-aston-villa.html

Premier League - Match facts: Fulham v Aston Villa

Wed, 03 Nov 13:33:00 2010

Gabriel Agbonlahor scored three goals in two Premier League games against Fulham last season.

Fulham have only won three of the 18 Premier League meetings with Aston Villa.

Villa have scored only two second half goals this season, fewer than any other side in the division.

The Birmingham side have gone 344 minutes without a Premier League goal.

Clint Dempsey has been involved in five of Fulham's last six league goals (four goals, one assist).

Stephen Warnock has been booked in six of his last seven league appearances.

Fulham have not won back-to-back league matches since February.

The Villans have lost five of their last six away matches in the Premier League.

Villa have had the lowest shooting accuracy from inside the box in the Premier League this season (37.9%).

Fulham have been the most accurate crossers in the division this season, with 25.5% finding their target.

Opta

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=219716

Fulham - Gera or Duff?
It looks as if Mark Hughes has a difficult decision to make this coming weekend.

Our sources suggest that Damien Duff could well be in contention for a return tot eh starting eleven and that it could come down to a straight choice between Duff and Zoltan Gera.

Our Hungarian has only started four times in the Premier League this season but is looking to retain his place after playing against Wigan.

Talking to the local media, Zoltan had this to say about the situation,

"I just want to play well when I get the chance."

"I`m happy to play 90 minutes and hopefully I can stay in the team."

I`m happy where I`m playing in the team. I enjoy myself on the right side but I can play in the middle."

"We have a good squad and there`s competition for every single place."

Who would you opt for, Gera or Duff?

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/11/gatesys-facing-up-to-life-without-muller-corners/?

Gatesy's Facing Up To Life Without Müller Corners
by GATESY on NOVEMBER 3, 2010

I often sit back, put my feet up with a lovely cup of tea and think about things. Just the other day I was contemplating becoming a vegan. I was thinking it'd be easy. Then I realised that I'm actually quite fond of cheese, eggs of all varieties and we all know soya milk in tea is just plain wrong. Other than those items, and those items alone I thought, I'd be fine with going without. But then it struck me I'd be giving up more than just them.

If I turned vegan I would have to give up my love affair with football.

Not following me? Thinking I've turned into some jibbering idiot? Let me take you by the hand and gently show you what has been staring you in the face all this time...

I'm not sure if it's happened just recently or if the link has always been there, but my eyes were opened to the blatant link between the beautiful game and dairy products.

It may have passed you by as only one or two papers cover it, but Rooney had some kind of lovers tiff with Man Yoo. But then they made up as quickly as they'd fallen out. I was confused but luckily SAF cleared it all up for me:

"Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it's a better cow than the one you've got in the field. It's a fact, right, and it never really works out that way. It's probably the same cow and it's not as good as your own cow. Some players like to think there's a better world somewhere else. It never really works"

And Raffa went even further with this statement:

"We have a saying in Spanish, which is: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk

"White liquid in a bottle. If I see John the milkman in the Wirral, where I was living, with this bottle, I'd say, 'It's milk, sure'"

Cows – first link. But I can tell you're still not convinced so let me cite, what many pundits will have you believe is the footballing equivalent of Plato, Jose Mourinho. On the subject of his squad while at that lot down the road:

"It's all about omelettes and eggs. No eggs, no omelette. And it depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket, you have eggs class one, class two, class three. Some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem"

Eggs – bang! Another link.

And you only have to see the number of players who have dairy inspired names: Wayne Moo-ney, Feta Cech, Tony Edams and Peter Stilton.
And the number of clubs with links too! How have we not noticed this before? I'm not one of these fruitcakes who claim everything's a conspiracy, but there's certainly something going on that we haven't been told about. You have: Cow-donbeath, Red Leicester City and Sheffield Wensleydale. And let us not forget about the Milk Cup.

It's not technically a dairy product but sugar is often served with tea, and if we're having odd managers comments it'd be churlish to not include another from Rafa because he's as mad as a box of frogs. So, when asked about Uncle Roy at Liverpool he moves it round to the sweet stuff:

"Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know. And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar"

And so we have it. Football and Dairy products go hand in hand. Become a vegan, wave goodbye to football.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/aj-whole-fulham-gutted-zamora-injury-timing-1224821?

AJ: Whole of Fulham gutted for Zamora injury timing

Fulham striker Andy Johnson admits the timing of Bobby Zamora's injury hit everyone at the club.

As Zamora continues his rehabilitation, Johnson spoke of how hard the striker's injury hit his friends and teammates at Fulham.

"I was absolutely devastated for Bobby," Johnson told fulhamfc.com. "He had a fantastic season last year and was Player of the Season for me. He's a top, top man.

"He didn't have the best of luck during his first season but he stayed strong. It wasn't his performances, it just wasn't happening in front of goal but that all changed last year.

"The fact that he broke into the England team - he could have had that spot. I still think he will have that spot but the timing of his injury was gutting. Emile Heskey had just retired from international football and Bobby had just played his first game. He was cemented in that squad and should have been starting.

"I can't really express how gutted we all were for him. Me and Bobby are really close and we've always had a good relationship. On the night of his injury me and the kitman went to visit him and took him about twenty quids worth of sweets to cheer him up!

"It's good to see him back at the Training Ground as he's a great character to have around the place. He's a strong character and a very funny guy. He's been quite loud since he came back and it's good to see him back on his feet. If there's one player the Team really misses – it's hard to go without Bobby."

WhiteJC

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2207009,00.html?

Heskey out, Sidwell a doubt but Clark confident of making Fulham clash
Triple injury update ahead of Cottage visit.

Emile Heskey will miss the clash with Fulham after picking up a knee injury.

Heskey tore the medial meniscus in his right knee yesterday in training [Wednesday] with no other player involved in the incident.

The injury will require an operation and the powerful forward faces between three to four weeks out of action.

The striker has bagged three goals in six games since Gerard Houllier's arrival and his absence will be a blow to the new boss.

With Gabby Agbonlahor also sidelined through injury, the manager could well turn to John Carew for the match with Fulham, with Nathan Delfouneso another option after his impressive reserve performance in the 2-0 away win over Arsenal.

Meanwhile, Steve Sidwell faces a race against time to make the weekend clash after suffering a flu bug - but Ciaran Clark should be fit after shaking off a deadleg.

Manager Houllier confirmed Sidwell was absent from training yesterday [Wednesday] with gastroenteritis although he is still hopeful the attacking midfielder may play a part at Craven Cottage.

Meanwhile, Clark is confident he will be fit to face Mark Hughes's side despite struggling with a deadleg sustained against Birmingham City.

The 20-year-old said: "I got a deadleg and then took one in the nose from their keeper, but I'm feeling good now.

"The deadleg is still a little bit stiff but I managed to get through training so we will see how it is.

"Then the keeper came out and caught me - but it was 'face on' luckily. If it'd been from the side, it might have been a bit worse but it was just bleeding. It was fine in the end.

"I should be fit. It's a little stiff now after training but that's expected.

"I will come into training today [Thursday] and I should be fine. It was caused by a knee on the quad and it just stiffened up after that. I carried on.

"But I woke up the next day and it was really stiff. I have been having treatment over the last couple of days. I trained and it felt good."

Clark also feels he should have been awarded a penalty for the move which caused his bloody nose against Blues, when Ben Foster came charging out to clear the ball and only succeeded in clattering the defender-cum-midfielder.

But he says that's in the past now and Villa should look forward.

He added: "If it was outside the box, I think it would have been a free-kick.

"But there's not much to say. It didn't get given and we just have to get on with it now."

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-would-you-do-for-your-team.html?

Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

What would you do for your team?
This little film about being a Fulham fan was just linked on the Offal. It's probably well known among Fulham fans, but it's the first time  I've seen it. It really is quite funny and endearing and considering it was made in 2003 the proclamation that the team were going to be Kings of Europe was almost prescient.

Fingers X'D

Directior Greg Cuttwell's notes:
Fingers X'd, shot on DV Cam, is a surreal comedy about two football fans, Dan and Craig, the like of which are seen and heard every weekend at football grounds all over England, Europe and indeed Worldwide. Devoted to their beloved club - Fulham F.C. - for both of them life is football and football is life. Every thought, every deed relates to their team and with Fulham on the up, life has never been so good.

As a performance piece, having a thorough rehearsal period, to enable the actors to be comfortable and familiar with the material before going in front of the camera, was vital in making this film. Four days of rehearsal were followed by a five day shoot. The shoot consisted in the main of long takes which enabled the performances to flourish in many contrasting locations, with good pieces being looked for within each take to then put together like a jigsaw in the edit.

A lot of fun was had by the small amount of people involved in making Fingers X'd, both in production and post production, the aim being to produce a light hearted, irreverent, character study, in spoken word and song, of two men typical of millions whom any audience will either recognise, know personally, or may even be themselves.

WhiteJC

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2207041,00.html?

Albrighton raring to go against Fulham after enforced absence
Marc Albrighton eyes return against Cottagers.

Marc Albrighton is raring to go again after admitting his absence from first team action has felt like a lifetime.

Albrighton said it was "horrible" to miss the last game - especially since it was a derby clash.

But he's delighted to be back in contention for the match with Fulham this weekend.

He said: "It was horrible to get sent off and miss the derby match. I was absolutely devastated. But it was a good point for the lads in the end.

"It's not been a week and it feels like ages.

"I am raring to go now and hopefully I can get in the side. Even if I come on, I hope to do my best for the team."

Albrighton is expecting a really tough clash at Craven Cottage after hailing Fulham as a hard-working and stylish team under boss Mark Hughes.

He added: "It will be a tough game. But it's the old cliché - there are no easy games in the Premier League.

"Look at Burnley in the Carling Cup - it was a really difficult game.

"We'll go to Fulham with a bit of confidence and hopefully we can bring back the three points.

"Last season they proved they can mix it with the best. They went on that European run and that was brilliant for them.

"This season Mark Hughes has got them playing nice football. They have some great individual players and they work hard for each other as a team.

"They'll be very organised and it will be a really tough clash."

WhiteJC

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/11/04/fulham-star-hoping-for-contract-extension-64767-27595312/?

Fulham star hoping for contract extension

ZOLTAN Gera wants to cement a place in Mark Hughes's first-team and earn an extended stay at Fulham.

Last season's player of the year has started just four league games under his new boss, but played 90 minutes in last weekend's win against Wigan.

However, the Hungarian is out of contract in the summer, and the club are yet to take up the option of keeping him in SW6 for an additional year.

Gera has seen team-mates Bobby Zamora, Dickson Etuhu, Simon Davies and Chris Baird handed new deals, and he's desperate to join them in committing his future to Craven Cottage.

He said: "I haven't spoken to the club yet. We will see what happens but I'm happy at Fulham."

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/11/04/fulham-star-hoping-for-contract-extension-64767-27595312/

Fulham star hoping for contract extension

Nov 4 2010

By Jacob Murtagh

ZOLTAN Gera wants to cement a place in Mark Hughes's first-team and earn an extended stay at Fulham.

Last season's player of the year has started just four league games under his new boss, but played 90 minutes in last weekend's win against Wigan.

However, the Hungarian is out of contract in the summer, and the club are yet to take up the option of keeping him in SW6 for an additional year.

Gera has seen team-mates Bobby Zamora, Dickson Etuhu, Simon Davies and Chris Baird handed new deals, and he's desperate to join them in committing his future to Craven Cottage.

He said: "I haven't spoken to the club yet. We will see what happens but I'm happy at Fulham."

K33NY

I hope Fulham aint gonna sell Hangeland next summer!

WhiteJC

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/11/04/marc-albrighton-is-raring-to-return-at-fulham-after-one-match-ban-seemed-like-ages-97319-27597641/?

Marc Albrighton is raring to return at Fulham after one-match ban seemed 'like ages'

MARC Albrighton is raring to return to first team duty at Fulham after admitting his brief ban 'seems like ages'

Albrighton was suspended for last Sunday's derby draw against Birmingham after his sending off in the Carling Cup win over Burnley.

The Villa winger returned to action with a run out for the reserves in Tuesday's 2-0 victory over Arsenal.

But enthusiastic Albrighton is desperate to be back in Gerard Houllier's squad for this weekend's trip to Craven Cottage – even though he was sidelined for just a few days.

"It was horrible to get sent off and miss the derby," said Albrighton. "I was absolutely devastated, but it was a good point in the end.

"It's not been a week and it feels like ages. I am raring to go and hopefully I can get in the side. Even if I come on as a sub, I hope to do my best."

Albrighton knows Villa face a difficult challenge against Mark Hughes' Cottagers who showed their quality with a run to the Europa League final under Roy Hodgson last season. But the 20-year-old wideboy is optimistic that Villa can boost their Premier League away record of four defeats and one win.

"It will be a tough game," said Albrighton. "But it's the old cliché – there are no easy games in the Premier League.

"Look at Burnley in the Carling Cup, it was a really difficult game. We'll go to Fulham with a bit of confidence and hopefully we can bring back the three points.

"Last season they proved they can mix it with the best.

"They went on that European run and that was brilliant for them. This season Mark Hughes has got them playing nice football.

"They have some great individual players and they work hard for each other as a team.

"They'll be very organised and it will be a really tough clash."

Meanwhile, Ashley Young has hailed Albrighton's rise to prominence in claret and blue and backed the youngster to challenge for full England honours.

Albrighton's elevation to first team regular has allowed Young to move from the wing and play more centrally as a second striker.

"Marc's won two player of the month awards and it's been fully deserved," said Young. "We said from a while back when he was a real youngster that he will be one of the ones coming through.

"He's definitely showing that and has taken his opportunity with both hands.

"He's been playing for the Under-21s, I don't see why he can't be challenging me and others for an England place very soon. I said that from the start of the season that I feel like a senior now and I don't know how, I'm only 25!"

Young is convinced that Albrighton will come roaring back after missing his first Second City showdown following his professional foul against Burnley.

"Marc was gutted but it's one of those things, he's a local boy who wanted to play in the derby," he added.

"It (the foul) was going to have to be done. It was unfortunate because he's so young and is dying to play in the games. Hopefully he won't miss too many games in future."

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/11/04/marc-albrighton-is-raring-to-return-at-fulham-after-one-match-ban-seemed-like-ages-97319-27597641/2/#ixzz14JH2I6OW

WhiteJC

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2206969,00.html?

SECOND STRING DRAW WITH FULHAM

THE Hornets drew 1-1 with Fulham on Tuesday afternoon in a reserve team friendly at their training game at Motspur Park.

First Team Coach David Kerslake took a squad full of young professionals alongside younger scholars such as Chez Isaac and Jack Bonham.

The hosts gave former Crystal Palace striker Andrew Johnson a run-out and it was the one-time former England international who opened the scoring.

Before Johnson found the net, Watford's very own Matthew Whichelow came close to taking the lead.

After scoring at Pride Park on Saturday, the youngster was clearly full of confidence and in front of the watching Malky Mackay and Sean Dyche, he diverted a cross towards goal which hit the far post, before rebounding backs towards Fulham goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.

Andrew Johnson netted for Fulham on 21 minutes following some pressure from the hosts as he smashed the ball part Rene Gilmartin from seven yards.

The Golden Boys re-grouped at half-time and kicked-on after the break. Fulham were under pressure and subsequently changed Andrew and Eddie Johnson along with David Elm.

The game looked to be slipping away from the 'Orns but they carried on fighting and Troy Deeney was rewarded a minute from time by firing in an equaliser. The former Walsall striker got his head to a header and diverted it past Etheridge.

Tuesday's encounter was a much-needed opportunity for the Hornets' squad to get some playing time under their belts, due to the current lull in reserve team action.

The Golden Boys have already faced Southampton this campaign in training ground friendlies and will be looking to line-up other fixtures throughout the campaign to keep the non first-team members of the squad ticking over.

WATFORD SQUAD: Gilmartin (GK), Bonham (GK), Thompson, Bennett, Kiernan, Brislen-Hall (trialist), Aldred, Isaac, Assombalonga, Buckley, Walker, Jenkins, Mingoia, Deeney, Whichelow.

WhiteJC

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/article/2010/11/04/hughes_expecting_big_things_from_salcido?

Hughes expecting big things from Salcido
Mark Hughes believes "humble" Carlos Salcido can prove a major asset for Fulham.

The Mexican international, signed from PSV Eindhoven during the summer, produced another composed display in Saturday's 2-0 Barclays Premier League win over Wigan at Craven Cottage which moved Fulham up into the top half of the table.

Hughes feels the 30-year-old has helped maintain the strength of his squad following Paul Konchesky's departure to Liverpool.

"With Carlos, having seen him play and the level that he's played at, I didn't think it was a risk to allow Paul Konchesky to go," the Fulham manager said. "I think now you're starting to see his enjoyment of the Premier League.

"What I like about him is that he's very humble and enjoys his work.

"He's found an environment that he likes; he likes the type of football we play because that's what he's been used to in the teams he's played with before. All in all it's a good fit for us and for him. We're delighted with what he's producing."

WhiteJC

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/cottagers-ace-bemoans-hitmans-absence-1114822.html?

Cottagers ace bemoans hitman's absence

Andrew Johnson claims the ongoing absence of strike partner Bobby Zamora has been a big miss for Fulham this season.
Johnson, who is working his own way back to a first-team return following a 12-month absence due to a myriad of injury problems, revealed the loss of last season's star man Zamora for five months with a broken leg he suffered in September has been 'gutting' for Mark Hughes' men.

The former Everton hitman also bemoaned Zamora's bad luck given that he had just got himself into England coach Fabio Capello's plans when the injury struck.

"I was absolutely devastated for Bobby," Johnson told fulhamfc.com. "He had a fantastic season last year and was Player of the Season for me. He's a top, top man.

"He didn't have the best of luck during his first season but he stayed strong. It wasn't his performances, it just wasn't happening in front of goal but that all changed last year.

"The fact that he broke into the England team - he could have had that spot. I still think he will have that spot but the timing of his injury was gutting. Emile Heskey had just retired from international football and Bobby had just played his first game. He was cemented in that squad and should have been starting.

"I can't really express how gutted we all were for him. Me and Bobby are really close and we've always had a good relationship. On the night of his injury me and the kitman went to visit him and took him about twenty quids worth of sweets to cheer him up!

"It's good to see him back at the Training Ground as he's a great character to have around the place. He's a strong character and a very funny guy. He's been quite loud since he came back and it's good to see him back on his feet. If there's one player the Team really misses - it's hard to go without Bobby."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/Heskey-and-Agbonlahor-out-of-Aston-Villa-clash.aspx

HESKEY AND AGBONLAHOR OUT OF ASTON VILLA CLASH

Emile Heskey will miss the clash with Fulham after picking up a knee injury.

Heskey tore the medial meniscus in his right knee yesterday in training [Wednesday] with no other player involved in the incident.

The injury will require an operation and the powerful forward faces between three to four weeks out of action.

The striker has bagged three goals in six games since Gerard Houllier's arrival and his absence will be a blow to the new boss.

With Gabby Agbonlahor also sidelined through injury, the manager could well turn to John Carew for the match with Fulham, with Nathan Delfouneso another option after his impressive reserve performance in the 2-0 away win over Arsenal.

Meanwhile, Steve Sidwell faces a race against time to make the weekend clash after suffering a flu bug - but Ciaran Clark should be fit after shaking off a deadleg.

Manager Houllier confirmed Sidwell was absent from training yesterday [Wednesday] with gastroenteritis although he is still hopeful the attacking midfielder may play a part at Craven Cottage.

Meanwhile, Clark is confident he will be fit to face Mark Hughes's side despite struggling with a deadleg sustained against Birmingham City.

The 20-year-old said: "I got a deadleg and then took one in the nose from their keeper, but I'm feeling good now.

"The deadleg is still a little bit stiff but I managed to get through training so we will see how it is.

"Then the keeper came out and caught me - but it was 'face on' luckily. If it'd been from the side, it might have been a bit worse but it was just bleeding. It was fine in the end.

"I should be fit. It's a little stiff now after training but that's expected.

"I will come into training today [Thursday] and I should be fine. It was caused by a knee on the quad and it just stiffened up after that. I carried on.

"But I woke up the next day and it was really stiff. I have been having treatment over the last couple of days. I trained and it felt good."

Clark also feels he should have been awarded a penalty for the move which caused his bloody nose against Blues, when Ben Foster came charging out to clear the ball and only succeeded in clattering the defender-cum-midfielder.

But he says that's in the past now and Villa should look forward.

He added: "If it was outside the box, I think it would have been a free-kick.

"But there's not much to say. It didn't get given and we just have to get on with it now."

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 04, 2010, 07:44:05 AM
http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-would-you-do-for-your-team.html?

Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

What would you do for your team?
This little film about being a Fulham fan was just linked on the Offal. It's probably well known among Fulham fans, but it's the first time  I've seen it. It really is quite funny and endearing and considering it was made in 2003 the proclamation that the team were going to be Kings of Europe was almost prescient.

Fingers X'D

Directior Greg Cuttwell's notes:
Fingers X'd, shot on DV Cam, is a surreal comedy about two football fans, Dan and Craig, the like of which are seen and heard every weekend at football grounds all over England, Europe and indeed Worldwide. Devoted to their beloved club - Fulham F.C. - for both of them life is football and football is life. Every thought, every deed relates to their team and with Fulham on the up, life has never been so good.

As a performance piece, having a thorough rehearsal period, to enable the actors to be comfortable and familiar with the material before going in front of the camera, was vital in making this film. Four days of rehearsal were followed by a five day shoot. The shoot consisted in the main of long takes which enabled the performances to flourish in many contrasting locations, with good pieces being looked for within each take to then put together like a jigsaw in the edit.

A lot of fun was had by the small amount of people involved in making Fingers X'd, both in production and post production, the aim being to produce a light hearted, irreverent, character study, in spoken word and song, of two men typical of millions whom any audience will either recognise, know personally, or may even be themselves.
I cant believe i've never seen that. I've just pictured LB in drag for some strange reason.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/11/in-out-in-out/?

In, out, in, out...
by TOR on NOVEMBER 4, 2010

First off I, like Cody, would like to make an apology for the lack of posts. I hope my Twitter insights at each game have been enough but hopefully Real Life will let up a bit and I can get on with Hammy Ending.

Now that that's taken care of.... It must be coming up to transfer window time again. Why do I say that? Because the rumours have already started. If the papers are to be believed Sparky's going to be busy – the man himself even says as much. So who might we be seeing grace the hallowed turf of Craven Cottage next year? There's a few obvious names being thrown into the ring;

Roque Santa Cruz for one. A previous signing for Hughes in his former life at Manchester City, and apparently not very happy there. Journalistic mathematics calculate that he's a shoe-in but Roque's not so sure, preferring the sunnier climes of Spain and La Liga.

John Carew – we've been linked with Carew before and a change of manager at Villa Park mean those rumours can be dragged up again. Following Emile Heskey's injury we may get a good look at Carew this Saturday.

Mustapha Bangura – who, I must confess, I know absolutely nothing about. A Sierra Leon international currently playing in Cyprus. Predominantly a forward but can also play in midfield, meeting the variety of positions criteria that Hughes is after.

Jay Bothroyd – currently at Cardiff (although on suspension following 5 yellow cards last time I saw his name in the papers) although his contract is due to come to an end in the summer. He might be cheap but can he make the move from Championship to Premier League? Let's hope Jermain Beckford's move to Everton in the summer is no indication of the likely success of that...

It's probably no coincidence that we're mostly being linked with strikers but do we need another one? We've got bionic Andy Johnson working his way back, Dembélé who, despite looking a bit cautious against Wigan, still looks to have a gift, and great goal-scoring midfielders in Dempsey and Gera that I wonder if an additional striker is really necessary.

No, if we get new players in I think I'd like to see our midfield bolstered. We looked dreadfully out of sorts at West Brom and it can't simply be coincidence that we were without our entire first choice midfield. Murphy and Davies are fantastic but not getting any younger so we need to make sure we've adequate replacements for them. Greening has looked good but can he keep it up? And what happens if, God forbid, he should be injured?

Defensively I think we could do with a bit of a boost. Do we have any natural understudies to Aaron Hughes and Brede Hangeland? I'm not so sure so perhaps that needs adding on the shopping list. Right back has plenty of cover with Chris Baird, Stephen Kelly and John Pantsil happy to jump in and do an adequate job. Left back is clearly Salcido's birthright and there's always Matthew Briggs who I think did an admirable job against Port Vale and who I'd like to see more of.

That just leaves the goalkeepers. What to say? Schwarzer wants to go. It strikes me as odd that there is an industry in which employees aren't free to choose where they work. I'd be interested in what the human rights lawyers think about it.... But I digress. Regardless of his ambitions, Super Mark is also the wrong side of 30 so we should thinking about a replacement. We've got one in David Stockdale who I think has the potential to be a great. So we need an understudy for him. That should be easy. We've a couple in the Development Squad and we've got Zuberbuhler. I'm not sure we need to go splashing the cash in this area. Let's give it a go and review in the summer.