watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team lineup for West Brom

Started by love4ffc, September 11, 2019, 04:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

International duty is finally coming to an end, thank goodness.  With that in mind, and considering that Arter will not be available, what would be your starting lineup? 

Mitro continues to be on fire so obviously he will lead the lineup.  I see no reason for the back four to change so Steven, Mawson, Ream and Bryan will defend with Betts still in goals.  Tom will retain his spot and I would assume Knockaert and Cavaleiro will also.  So that leaves just two players in the midfield to finish out the starting XI. 

I would be tempted to start Stef as he seems to have had a successful week during his national call up.  He should be running high with scoring a goal against Sweden.  That leaves only one more slot to fill.  Personally, I would continue to go with Reed, but I would be curious to hear other's thoughts. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Due to international duty, the defense that has been training together the last two weeks for the WBA game would be "Betts, Odoi, Mawson, MLM and Bryan". Hence, "Betts, Odoi and MLM" are most likely better prepared for the WBA game than "Rodak, S.Sess and Ream", so I would pick the former players.

Without Arter available, I think StefJo and Cairney are obvious selections; with the third midfield spot being between KMac and Reed. I'd start with KMac, as I expect our most cohesive combination is KMac, StefJo and Cairney; although as soon as KMac legs get tired and slow (likely between 35mins to 70 mins) he should be subbed off for H.Reed.

Starting XI
Calverio   Mitro   Knockaert
               Cairney
         Johasen   KMac
Bryan  MLM  Mawson  Odoi
              Betts

Bench: Rodak, S.Sess, Ream, H.Reed, Onamah, BC.Reid & Kamara
Resting: Norman, Christie, Edun, Cisse, ORiley, Torres and Kebano with Arter not available
Expected subs: H.Reed for KMac (~55mins), BC.Reid for Johansen (~70 mins) and Kamara for Knockaert (~80 mins).

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: love4ffc on September 11, 2019, 04:19:37 AM
International duty is finally coming to an end, thank goodness.  With that in mind, and considering that Arter will not be available, what would be your starting lineup? 

Mitro continues to be on fire so obviously he will lead the lineup.  I see no reason for the back four to change so Steven, Mawson, Ream and Bryan will defend with Betts still in goals.  Tom will retain his spot and I would assume Knockaert and Cavaleiro will also.  So that leaves just two players in the midfield to finish out the starting XI. 

I would be tempted to start Stef as he seems to have had a successful week during his national call up.  He should be running high with scoring a goal against Sweden.  That leaves only one more slot to fill.  Personally, I would continue to go with Reed, but I would be curious to hear other's thoughts. 

I'd go with that but swap Rodak for Betts.

bog

Odoi in for S Sess? No thanks.

092.gif 

Jim©

I'd keep Reed in, liked what I saw at Cardiff. I'd also go with Rodak, Bett's hasn't made enough saves for me this season (really poor save to goals conceded ratio).
We're sort of lucky that we've had a good chunk of the players at Motspur this last week or so, dunno how many West Brom have had away on int. duty?

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 11, 2019, 05:46:01 AM
Due to international duty, the defense that has been training together the last two weeks for the WBA game would be "Betts, Odoi, Mawson, MLM and Bryan". Hence, "Betts, Odoi and MLM" are most likely better prepared for the WBA game than "Rodak, S.Sess and Ream", so I would pick the former players.

Without Arter available, I think StefJo and Cairney are obvious selections; with the third midfield spot being between KMac and Reed. I'd start with KMac, as I expect our most cohesive combination is KMac, StefJo and Cairney; although as soon as KMac legs get tired and slow (likely between 35mins to 70 mins) he should be subbed off for H.Reed.

Starting XI
Calverio   Mitro   Knockaert
               Cairney
         Johasen   KMac
Bryan  MLM  Mawson  Odoi
              Betts

Bench: Rodak, S.Sess, Ream, H.Reed, Onamah, BC.Reid & Kamara
Resting: Norman, Christie, Edun, Cisse, ORiley, Torres and Kebano with Arter not available
Expected subs: H.Reed for KMac (~55mins), BC.Reid for Johansen (~70 mins) and Kamara for Knockaert (~80 mins).

Yes , fully agree right down to the last sub although if we are trailing at half time it may be prudent to bring Kamara on after 60 minutes.

Also, a lot depends on the condition of the players returning fro international duty.

Statto

I'd also go with the OP's line-up, although any of Rodak, Odoi and/or Mcdonald instead Betts, Sessegnon and/or Reed would be reasonable IMO

hovewhite

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Sess Mawson Ream Bryan

Johansen Reed Cairney

Knockaert Mitro Cavaleiro

Betts, McDonald, Odoi, Onomah, O'Riley, Reid, Kamara

twang

Bettinelli
Odoi - Mawson - Ream - Bryan
Cairney - Reed - Johansen
Knockaert - Mitrovic - Cavaleiro

Bench: Rodak, Le Marchand, Sessegnon, McDonald, Onomah, Reid & Kamara

Ronnief

Tim Ream likely played in the USA team which kicked off 1am our time today. It's likely he won't return to the UK till late Thursday or early Friday morning. Is it possible that he will play for us on Saturday what with Jet lag and the effects of travel after a game?

Ronnief

An update to above, Ream was Captain to the USA team and played the full 90 minutes. They played in St Louis so he will have a fair trip home!

Whitestone

MLM and Odoi are not good enough. I'm staggered after all we've seen of them that anyone would want them to start in any circumstance other than when we have no other options.

Bassey the warrior

If Ream isn't fit I'd play Odoi alongside Mawson.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Whitestone on September 11, 2019, 01:51:11 PM
MLM and Odoi are not good enough. I'm staggered after all we've seen of them that anyone would want them to start in any circumstance other than when we have no other options.

I think Odoi has always been solid in the Championship. The little we have seen of him this season he's been good, and against Blackburn he was very good. Definitely better than the average Championship fullback in my opinion. Although I am not staggered, I am mildly surprised that people cannot see the value he brings to the team after presumably having watched him play for three seasons.

I have never warmed at all to MLM though, but he has also not had a chance to play much in the Championship. We have basically only seen him in the PL, and to be fair to him most players looked beyond the level required last year even though we know that many of them are very good championship players. Maybe MLM would also turn out good if he was first choice in this league for an extended period. I have a feeling we will never find out though.

Whitestone

I can see the value Odoi brings to the squad. I admire his passion and commitment but that's not enough. He's versatile and decent cover in the Championship. Definitely not a starter for me with the options available now. 

love4ffc

It is true that Ream was captain and played the full 90 for the Saint Louis match.  I also think he actually played very well.  If he caught the first plane out, worse case mid morning flight and landed in London late tonight (Wednesday), then I would think he would be fine for a Saturday kickoff. 

MLM worries me to much.  Would rather see Kmac and Mawson or Odoi and Mawson. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Whitestone on September 11, 2019, 01:51:11 PM
Sorry, but certainly cannot agree about Odoi. MLM - not the strongest player, I agree but had his good moments. But although you may be staggered,  I find your view on Odoi totally unbelievable after his performances in our last Championship season.  Yes, he made a few mistakes in the Premier League, but that ran through the whole team, and he can not be faulted for commitment and effort.  Your criticism does not seem to be based on performance, so it feels like a vendetta against a good professional.

HV71

Sorry, but certainly cannot agree about Odoi. MLM - not the strongest player, I agree but had his good moments. But although you may be staggered,  I find your view on Odoi totally unbelievable after his performances in our last Championship season.  Yes, he made a few mistakes in the Premier League, but that ran through the whole team, and he can not be faulted for commitment and effort.  Your criticism does not seem to be based on performance, so it feels like a vendetta against a good professional.

+1

Great post

Southcoastffc

I wonder how many of those who advocate Rodak have actually seen him play?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.