more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'One of Our Own'

Started by SP, September 06, 2019, 05:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Fulham 442

Yes my thoughts exactly.  The timing seems weird as he's just signed for Spuds and it looks like they will be back in for Steven in January if the rumours are to be believed so we're not sure we will have either of the Sessignon twins this time next year. Sure there will be a lot of badge kissing etc in the documentary and how much Fulham means to him but in this day and age it's all pretty meaningless.  Rarely does a player play for a club he truly supports like Mark Noble and Harry Kane to give two examples. Sure he spent a lot of time here and I'm also sure he will always have a huge fondness for us but he's moved on now, which is what he wanted, and so should we. I wish him only the best. Thanks for the memories and for that pass at Wembley.  Even if it didn't go according to plan after that!

filham

I agree that the timing of this feature is bad, just now some of us I think would rather forget Ryan and concentrate on Steven.
Ryan was the biggest success of our academy but to us old timers the pre academy days produced many a home grown talent of more use to us than Ryan. The most recent being Sean Davis, how well he served us in four divisions but we were all a little bitter when he left.

Fulham 442

I agree that the timing of this feature is bad, just now some of us I think would rather forget Ryan and concentrate on Steven.
Ryan was the biggest success of our academy but to us old timers the pre academy days produced many a home grown talent of more use to us than Ryan. The most recent being Sean Davis, how well he served us in four divisions but we were all a little bitter when he left.

And Sean himself regrets leaving how and when  he did. Am I right in thinking he's the only player that has played for one club in all four divisions?

Nero

testing the water to get fans reaction ahead of a loan move in Jan.

terryr

Steven video is due in February a month after he joins his brother at Spurs

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 06, 2019, 05:42:38 PM
Yes my thoughts exactly.  The timing seems weird as he's just signed for Spuds and it looks like they will be back in for Steven in January if the rumours are to be believed so we're not sure we will have either of the Sessignon twins this time next year. Sure there will be a lot of badge kissing etc in the documentary and how much Fulham means to him but in this day and age it's all pretty meaningless.  Rarely does a player play for a club he truly supports like Mark Noble and Harry Kane to give two examples. Sure he spent a lot of time here and I'm also sure he will always have a huge fondness for us but he's moved on now, which is what he wanted, and so should we. I wish him only the best. Thanks for the memories and for that pass at Wembley.  Even if it didn't go according to plan after that!

Hold the phone.

Steven is under contract until 2022.    Spurs also just tried to fleece us on the sale of his brother which resulted in us having to wait half a season to use Mike Hector.

What makes you think there is any validity to that rumor?

love4ffc

Quote from: SP on September 06, 2019, 05:26:33 PM
Shouldn't that be he was one of our own?

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/september/06/coming-soon-the-ryan-sessegnon-story

Think this is not about correct grammer but rather the trend in today's online media to emphasize a word the club has deemed important  :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham 442

Anyone else watched it yet? I liked seeing the clips of him playing as a youngster. Everyone interviewed said he was always calm and focused.

SG

I thought it was well produced and interesting. We shouldn't forget his brother is still with us when commenting on the video. We secured a large fee which had to be of great assistance in complying with FFP. If we had stayed up he could still be here but once relegated it made sense for all parties for him to move on. Can't blame him for wanting to improve himself- he owed us nothing

Fernhurst

Very interesting and touching documentary. Ryan demonstrated the very best of traits growing up

Will be delighted if we see him achieve a senior international cap...
Good luck Ryan.... an absolute credit to your club and family.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ashteadFFC

Always gave his best for us - wish him well.

toshes mate

I eventually got around to watching the Ryan Sessegnon video early today, and I found it to be a really well produced account of the young man's time at FFC.  It is an unsentimental and unemotional look at the rise of a very gifted young footballer which ends as well as it begins with a young guy who just wanted, in his words, 'to be better'.

There is also a rather quaint but, IMHO, significant point made in the video about how the academic school qualification age date  - 31st August – has an impact upon the circumstances of those born later in the academic year as compared to those born earlier.

The impact shows, with quite high statistical significance in the available gender neutral evidence, that people born in September to November have a better chance of success in the more physical disciplines (like football) by virtue of being older than any of their classmates.  This serves to enhance the achievements of the Sessegnon twins being born towards the younger age range groups and just demonstrates how good they are and just how wrong stats can be proven to be.

One of the better FFCTV productions.

Jamie88

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 06, 2019, 06:14:45 PM

And Sean himself regrets leaving how and when  he did. Am I right in thinking he's the only player that has played for one club in all four divisions?

I think Leon Britton did for Swansea too

Southcoastffc

Quote from: toshes mate on September 13, 2019, 02:41:10 PM
I eventually got around to watching the Ryan Sessegnon video early today, and I found it to be a really well produced account of the young man's time at FFC.  It is an unsentimental and unemotional look at the rise of a very gifted young footballer which ends as well as it begins with a young guy who just wanted, in his words, 'to be better'.

There is also a rather quaint but, IMHO, significant point made in the video about how the academic school qualification age date  - 31st August – has an impact upon the circumstances of those born later in the academic year as compared to those born earlier.

The impact shows, with quite high statistical significance in the available gender neutral evidence, that people born in September to November have a better chance of success in the more physical disciplines (like football) by virtue of being older than any of their classmates.  This serves to enhance the achievements of the Sessegnon twins being born towards the younger age range groups and just demonstrates how good they are and just how wrong stats can be proven to be.

That has been well known since before my son was born and he's now 32.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham 442

[/quote]

I think Leon Britton did for Swansea too

Also Brett Ormarod, Garry Monk and Alan Tait apparently!

toshes mate

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 13, 2019, 03:11:33 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 13, 2019, 02:41:10 PM

That has been well known since before my son was born and he's now 32.
Yes, indeed it has, and the bias may have first been shown publicly in a continental birth date v. occupation study of a very large number of subjects conducted in the early1900s.       

Fulham 442

My youngest son was definitely disadvantaged by being both a July baby and also very tall for his age. He's 28 now and 6'4"!