more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Need To Find That Killer Touch.

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 14, 2019, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Once again a game we should have put to bed
long before they equalised...Work needed on that.
And do we actually practise corners in training.
Still it was a good overall performance, WBA will be there at the end.

junior white

We do yes, should have been 3 up by the time they scored. But still would have won if Betts had caught the ball rather than palm it

Slaphead in Qatar

A long standing habit of ours is to ease off when we take the lead. Why we do this I don't know.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I was pleased with our performance in the first 65 mins, but as has been said, why do we ease off once we go ahead and take the lead, where is the killer instinct, we have to be more ruthless.
Nevertheless, there were some great periods of play. It's just frustrating when you see two points thrown away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

Not sure Anthony meant it with his goal,  is Steven Sessegnon under instructions not go forward and is Mawson under instructions not pass to him when he is in space but give it back to Ream.

Jims Dentist

I felt we had little threat when breaking on our left flank.

filham

Oh for a goal poacher, a lot of chances to day but only one goal and that was intended as a cross.
We can't expect Mitro to score in every match.

LittleErn

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2019, 04:14:37 PM
Yes I was pleased with our performance in the first 65 mins, but as has been said, why do we ease off once we go ahead and take the lead, where is the killer instinct, we have to be more ruthless.
Nevertheless, there were some great periods of play. It's just frustrating when you see two points thrown away.

I'm not sure we ease off. Its rather that the opponents now have nothing to lose so they switch to attacking mode and find out our defensive frailty which gives them more confidence. Scotty thinks we lost patience and the game turned into a basketball match - I think it was just that our backline was put under pressure and had to start hurrying their passes, often leaving them with no option than to hoof it. There is also the failure of our attack to put the ball in the net. Could that be because our slow build up allows the opponents to get bodies back behind the ball, leaving very little space and time for our strikers to get a clear shot in?

HV71

We don't 'gamble ' enough  and get enough men making runs into the box ( especially near post across the keepers sight line) Bryan put in a couple of killing crosses today that should have been converted by players making a run

Jem

How long is it since we could take decent corners?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jem on September 14, 2019, 09:15:53 PM
How long is it since we could take decent corners?

Yes the last few seasons have been poor.
Do we actually practice them in training?its not that we haven't got decent ball strikers as we have,yesterday was terrible efforts imo.

MikeW

Quote from: filham on September 14, 2019, 05:27:58 PM
Oh for a goal poacher, a lot of chances to day but only one goal and that was intended as a cross.
We can't expect Mitro to score in every match.

I thought that was Bobby Read is supposed to do?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bobbo

Quote from: Dodgin on September 14, 2019, 04:47:57 PM
Not sure Anthony meant it with his goal,  is Steven Sessegnon under instructions not go forward and is Mawson under instructions not pass to him when he is in space but give it back to Ream.
my immediate reaction to my mate beside was "he meant that" so I think he def went for what he got. Your comments on Mawson ans sess , that's what I been thinking since the start of the season . Young sess looked very nervous yesterday and took the easy option more than anything creative.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

One Martin Thomas

I still think the creativity should come from Knockaert centrally & not from the left.

Jims Dentist

Doesn't Knocky play mostly wide right as an inverted winger.
Cav plays wide left, also as an IW.
To me Cav is currently the attacking weak link as he always wants to cut in and use his right foot and now all opposing teams know this, and plan against it.

HV71

The problem of using inverted wingers all the time is that you rarely get to the by line and cut the ball back for an attacker to run on to . Of course the full backs can take on this role but it must make sense to mix it up on occasions to create problems for the opposition.

hovewhite

Use AK wide at least he puts a cross in.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: hovewhite on September 19, 2019, 05:24:14 PM

AK24 and S.Sess seem to cut inside a lot, which isn't great for Mitrovoic to produce his magic. I almost wonder if we should swap the wingers so they are uninverted.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 20, 2019, 06:24:37 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on September 19, 2019, 05:24:14 PM

AK24 and S.Sess seem to cut inside a lot, which isn't great for Mitrovoic to produce his magic. I almost wonder if we should swap the wingers so they are uninverted.
[/quote Yes  I feel that this should happen a lot more in games than is happening now.

davew

Just watched the game yesterday after being away for a week and didn´t know the score, typical that we didn´t win and very disappointing....AGAIN!! Top 6 finish, very unlikely.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)