watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got Back

Started by Peabody, September 14, 2019, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

In my opinion was a fair result. We played well in patches but flattered to deceive. Albion likewise. Thought Ivan was a tad disappointing but that was down to the Albion defence. Same applies to Mitro. 

Word of praise to the ref, who I thought had a very good game.

Sgt Fulham

Ref controlled the game well indeed. It is a little easier when both teams actually try and play football.

cookieg

Should have booked their keeper in the first half for time wasting I thought. Betts would have got a yellow l.

WindyCity

Quote from: Peabody on September 14, 2019, 03:21:29 PM
In my opinion was a fair result. We played well in patches but flattered to deceive. Albion likewise. Thought Ivan was a tad disappointing but that was down to the Albion defence. Same applies to Mitro. 

I think it was a fair result if you are a Brom fan.  FFC has to be disappointed in this result.  I know I am. 

Twig

We dominated for long periods and squandered chances in the first half. Should have won it.

Whitesideup

Quote from: WindyCity on September 14, 2019, 03:26:48 PM
Quote from: Peabody on September 14, 2019, 03:21:29 PM

I think it was a fair result if you are a Brom fan.  FFC has to be disappointed in this result.  I know I am. 
I agree. Two points given away. Their keeper made a world-class save, possibly two. We missed a couple of other good opportunities. I need to see it again, but their goal looked like a gift. I could not see the foul on Betts from the Hammy end.

Apart from the goal, they created very little, (trying to recall Betts having to do much ...one through ball he took well?) ..oh a header across the goal towards the end.  So yes, you an argue it's a fair result as they scored one and so did we. But if I was a Brom fan, the performance would not encourage me to think they will be top 2 .. apart from the fact they did not play well, and still came away with a point.

Fulham 442

Why did we play the second half as if one goal was enough?  Thought we were hanging on at the end. Very disappointing.

Carborundum

Ref did us a favour.  When WBA scored Knocky ran up to him to protest for a foul on the keeper, misjudged it and stomped on the Ref's foot, causing him to hobble around in pain.  Another ref could have sent Knocky off. 

Nero

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 14, 2019, 04:00:56 PM
Why did we play the second half as if one goal was enough?  Thought we were hanging on at the end. Very disappointing.

I think we do lack a natural leader out there to keep minds concentrated, think they think its to easy to win and forget we have a god awful defence thats going to give up at least one clear cut chance

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly, a poor habit we cannot seem to get away from, and it generally costs us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nero on September 14, 2019, 04:08:53 PM

I think we do lack a natural leader out there to keep minds concentrated, think they think its to easy to win and forget we have a god awful defence thats going to give up at least one clear cut chance

We are bereft of a decent leader and it shows and it cost us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fcfulham55

Neither team played their best stuff. Based on that game alone neither will be near Automatic top 2.  Good job the season isn't defined over 1 game.   

But already slowly starting to play the catch up game.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Denver Fulham

We allow very few clear cut chances because we have the ball a ton. Our "god awful defence" has allowed maybe two good scoring chances in the last two matches. All we need is our goalkeeper not to flap at crosses or have harmless shots bounce in off his hand and we'll be fine.

Twig

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 14, 2019, 07:42:16 PM

We allow very few clear cut chances because we have the ball a ton. Our "god awful defence" has allowed maybe two good scoring chances in the last two matches. All we need is our goalkeeper not to flap at crosses or have harmless shots bounce in off his hand and we'll be fine.

When did Betts last "flap at a cross"? Just asking.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 14, 2019, 07:42:16 PM

This is spot on.  There's no way we should be losing that game, they had no clear cut chances until Betts flapped. He's cost us the win. Should have tipped it over the bar.

hovewhite

I'm not known to criticize Betts normally,but he was week in that moment allowing there player to intimidate him and the team payed the price.Scotty needs to sort that mentality in him out!

mrmicawbers

Quote from: cookieg on September 14, 2019, 03:26:23 PM
Should have booked their keeper in the first half for time wasting I thought. Betts would have got a yellow l.
how hard is it for a referee to warn a goal keeper early on that if he keeps wasting time he will be booked. Not hard is it.