watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An irreverent irrelevant view on FFCTV streaming service

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 02, 2019, 01:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've temporarily given up for now, but did get a refund for my unsuccessful payment for the Wigan game.
Fortunately it was live on DADDY or HESGO (I can't remember which one)
but it came from the live Wigan feed (Almost as bias as GJ and Jamie :0) but perfect stream.

Many of us are reduced to scouring the internet and even posting "Illegally" various links to each other.
I receive one from a member once for a link to "UnseendeadendStreaming" but it lead me down a Blind Alley
(I was tempted to not post the last 2 words and let anyone who reads this to guess"

I feel like I'm on the dark side of the web listening in pigeon Spanish/Turkish/French/Kurdistan and a plethora of
other undetectable languages.
"El Crainey 4words el sphere dos Meevochich hoo pieds sides gauche of the Knukenhort who dumpies
to rive sided Camp......Camp.....Camp.......Campanearhole.
GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL to FOOOOOOOOOOOOOLHAM manufactured by the Sess.....Sess.........Sess
Sess............Oh Mierda,       BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM"  Oops BREYEYANT
Taking my life in my hands, I know that at any point the dreaded buffering will occur followed by NASAL message,
"We have detected a virus, please telephone 1 800 TOS ERR and give us your credit cards details to pay us to remove
a non-existent virus but scare you witless enough to subsequently buying a extra strong virus blocker.
Meanwhile, the NASAL PEOPLE are on holiday in Brazil and your CC details and bank account are on their way to
a village in Nigeria, allegedly, which is subsequently offered to a lonely farmer in Ohio.

I've read loads of these posts and the common thread is that a lot of it is 'human faults"
I agree with a lot of this as I'm a technical zombie.
Why can't they at least have a FAQs section or better still a "Guide to various ways to solve any/most problems".
eg: One of us suggested "reducing my screen size" so I could see what was under the screen mess I had.
That worked a couple of times but then stopped working.
Logicalman and others have given working solutions, but then other problems appear which makes me
think it's not all my phobia.
Perhaps the 'powers that be' can consult with our very own FOF experts, I'm sure collectively or individually
they could come up with a far better system that I could even watch under water.

A very annoying scenario is that even when it has worked I/we don't find out until 30 seconds before KO
having bitten our nails for ages beforehand.
Even a simple on screen message "Yes, the stream has been tested and will be online from..........o'clock"
There is one for the audio commentary.
It seems that technician A says to technician B "OK the referee has blown his starting whistle, keep your
fingers crossed when I push the live stream button.
"B" Where are you?
"Oh Poo, what a time to go for a doo doo"

I appreciate that it is expensive to stream stuff but I'd rather watch the sprinklers for half an hour without
any costly commentary so I know it's working.

I've stopped taking a few hours off work to get home in time for weekday fixtures and I'm 'hourly' so lose pay.
Yes FFCTV that is how fanatical many of us are.

Do I get a brownie point for pointing out the potential possible solutions ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Dr Quinzel

I agree with you on your final point; you shouldn't need to be doing this level of troubleshooting.

The service should work on any browser. You shouldn't need to specifically use chrome, firefox, IE or whatever. They should realise that whilst many fans are technically savvy enough to try different things and to potentially find a resolution, that many are not and frankly even those who are, shouldn't have to.

A lack of any FAQ is poor, but the website in general is very poorly laid out and designed. It feels like it has never had a user test run beyond the people who made it.

I hope they get it to a point it works for you overseas guys, or they revert to the previous provider (assuming that was better? You may correct me!).