watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a first half

Started by The Swan, October 01, 2019, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Hopefully will get his first hat trick tonight.

Playing against ten men in the second we should score a few more goals.
The Swan

KJS

Hopefully but it doesn't always work that way

Bassey the warrior

Absolutely flawless first half. To quote Alan Partridge "liquid football".

The Rock

Not there - was the sending off a turning point? We were up 1-0 and my gut tells me no, but would love to hear additional commentary.

filham

We all expected another three goals in the second half but the three points that we came away with were the really important things.

LittleErn

We were playing well and 1-0 up already. Of course the sending off helped but I think we would have won anyway. Perhaps by a smaller margin.

Mike the White

Great result, but a shame we couldn't close it with a clean sheet. Having said that, theirs was a cracker

Artful Dodger

Second half was very disappointing really - part of me thinks we should have pushed on to get a few more and part of me thinks we earned the right to take it easy after an excellent first half hour in what is a long season. Reading were poor (their goal apart which was a cracker) and we will need to step up again against Charlton but the second half resembled a training game - with an atmosphere to match!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 02, 2019, 01:06:59 PM
Second half was very disappointing really - part of me thinks we should have pushed on to get a few more and part of me thinks we earned the right to take it easy after an excellent first half hour in what is a long season. Reading were poor (their goal apart which was a cracker) and we will need to step up again against Charlton but the second half resembled a training game - with an atmosphere to match!

It's called game management. Get the win without over-exerting players. Apart from conceding a worldie it worked pretty well.