more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well played Harrison Reed.

Started by Jims Dentist, September 14, 2019, 04:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Woolly Mammoth

He was as good as any of our players today, very busy. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Agree, had a really good game. To be fair most played well. It was just the result that was disappointing, particularly given the first half dominance.

Riverside

MOM 1st half for me
Dropped off second half
I would like to see him continue with Arter

Bobby Reid on the other hand disappointed
But should he be in midfield ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy S

Ok a good game yesterday but you cannot judge players on one performance. He's taken his chance and done well s9 let's see what happens next week

bog

He seemed to show more commitment to the cause in one half than Seri ever did. That pass to TC was sublime. But for their 'keeper we would have won. WBA's late rally would have counted for nothing. 

Carborundum

Quote from: Riverside on September 15, 2019, 08:47:24 AM
MOM 1st half for me
Dropped off second half

Bobby Reid shouldn't be in midfield.  He's not going to develop an understanding with Mitro from back there.  Harrison Reed most definitely should be.  Every midfield should have someone like him.

KeenCottager

Superb 1st half.

Great cover for the long season!

Whitesideup

Quote from: Carborundum on September 16, 2019, 08:41:44 AM
MOM 1st half for me
Dropped off second half

Bobby Reid shouldn't be in midfield.  He's not going to develop an understanding with Mitro from back there.  Harrison Reed most definitely should be.  Every midfield should have someone like him.
With a lesser keeper, Reid would have had two goals. Header was good, but the shot in particular in the second half was excellent, hit with awesome power drawing a save that looked good on the tv, but in fact was much better given the pace of the ball. Had even one of these gone in, our assessment of his  performance would have been higher. He carries a real goal threat. I think in each of his performances he has had decent attempts. I can see what people say though,  - he can be a little quiet in midfield. But he works hard, and  generally his distribution is effective. 

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 16, 2019, 02:20:16 PM
MOM 1st half for me
Dropped off second half

With a lesser keeper, Reid would have had two goals. Header was good, but the shot in particular in the second half was excellent, hit with awesome power drawing a save that looked good on the tv, but in fact was much better given the pace of the ball. Had even one of these gone in, our assessment of his  performance would have been higher. He carries a real goal threat. I think in each of his performances he has had decent attempts. I can see what people say though,  - he can be a little quiet in midfield. But he works hard, and  generally his distribution is effective.

The save from the header much better. If the keeper doesn't save that shot it would be a massive error.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on September 16, 2019, 03:35:45 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on September 16, 2019, 02:20:16 PM
MOM 1st half for me
Dropped off second half

The save from the header much better. If the keeper doesn't save that shot it would be a massive error.
Where do you sit in the ground? It's just that from behind the shot we got a great view of its pace. The positioning and reaction from the keeper was exceptional which made it look far simpler on tv and quite possibly from another angle.  The ball had been struck so hard I think it would have beaten many. Massive error? No, I totally disagree. The reaction save from the header was good (on that we can agree)  but the ball was right there.

PS ...and for what it's worth, pundit on Quest EFL prog also agreed.