more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds certainly are

Started by Fernhurst, September 15, 2019, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

the fitness freaks of The Championship.
Barnsley out on their feet but 7 minutes from a point, when suddenly bish bosh end up losing 0-2.
Leeds are getting these last minute results with alarming regularity. Wish we looked half as fit as them with 15 mins to go yesterday.

Knowing their coaches win at all costs history, can we request six drug testers when we play them??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Spirit of 2000

We are now 5 points off the automatics after just 7 matches. If we dont go on a run now we'll be miles off the pace and scrambling for a play off spot going into the xmas period. I dont buy the theory that this ponderous, slow, deliberate possession at all costs game is going to get us up ... and given the strength of this squad that's unacceptable

snarks

If we had won yesterday it would have been our best start for 16 years. Really not worried yet

JoelH5

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 15, 2019, 02:40:16 PM
Barnsley out on their feet but 7 minutes from a point, when suddenly bish bosh end up losing 0-2.
Leeds are getting these last minute results with alarming regularity. Wish we looked half as fit as them with 15 mins to go yesterday.

Knowing their coaches win at all costs history, can we request six drug testers when we play them??

Same every year. I heard an interview about Biesla from another manager. He makes them work super hard and as the season draws to a close, they are knackered and thats why Leeds seem to always have a massive drop in form.

I think they will go up this year personally though.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Robbie

As I said elsewhere, we do not look fit. We faded at 70 minutes yesterday.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: snarks on September 15, 2019, 03:18:39 PM
If we had won yesterday it would have been our best start for 16 years. Really not worried yet

Finally, someone talking sense. Many Fulham fans are big babies.

SuffolkWhite

Our passing game is fine, but our tempo when passing is poor and thats the difference at the moment as to why we are not winning games imo.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lyle from Hangeland

It's all about pacing. Some teams fly out of the blocks only to peter out before the finish. It's where you finish that matters, and often the start is not the key.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 15, 2019, 04:24:16 PM

🚼🚼🚼🚼🚼🚼🚼

filham

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 15, 2019, 04:24:16 PM

This big baby is seriously worried that in our last two Championship games at the Cottage we have taken but one point and failed to score more than a goal a game. That is not promotion chasing form.

Matt10

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 15, 2019, 05:29:27 PM
Our passing game is fine, but our tempo when passing is poor and thats the difference at the moment as to why we are not winning games imo.

We're not winning games simply because we have 17 shots total, with only 6 on target - then conceding one or two due to an error.

That's pretty much it. Looking at it deeper than that is trying too hard imho.

Facts Not Fiction

The difference between having Bielsa and Parker.

Our squad is so much better than theirs, and the whole league.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 15, 2019, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 15, 2019, 02:40:16 PM

Same every year. I heard an interview about Biesla from another manager. He makes them work super hard and as the season draws to a close, they are knackered and thats why Leeds seem to always have a massive drop in form.

I think they will go up this year personally though.

Everyone knows Bielsa's fitness methods, at Marsellie his team was coming 1st but "run out of gas" around January coming 4th and with Leeds his team "run out of gas" again a little later.

Knowing Bielsa, he hopes to drive his first XI team far enough in front by the end of winter, bench players like H.Costa can take them home after they start to get tired.

In the end, if there is a ten point gap by 21st Dec we could probably still catch them provided we beat them twice and finish the season very well. We just need to start getting two points per game until christmas.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on September 15, 2019, 02:43:32 PM
We are now 5 points off the automatics after just 7 matches. If we dont go on a run now we'll be miles off the pace and scrambling for a play off spot going into the xmas period. I dont buy the theory that this ponderous, slow, deliberate possession at all costs game is going to get us up ... and given the strength of this squad that's unacceptable

Agree to disagree with this opinion. (Doubting Scott Parker's method six games in) Specifically because of the talent.   It takes time.

Plus, it's football.   Shi..happens and talented teams lose to less talented teams.  (Hello Man. City)

40 games to go.   I'm going to give the team 4 more games before I start worrying about things I can't control.

KJS

Leeds did the same last year but their manager keeps them training at full pace all season and that has cost them promotion because by January they are knackered, so I hope they keep doing the same.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: KJS on September 19, 2019, 08:41:49 PM
Leeds did the same last year but their manager keeps them training at full pace all season and that has cost them promotion because by January they are knackered, so I hope they keep doing the same.

With a slightly bigger squad, that can rest a player time to time, Bielsea's methods would have worked. He has added Costa, which allows him to pull players off earlier.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 19, 2019, 10:52:33 PM
Quote from: KJS on September 19, 2019, 08:41:49 PM

With a slightly bigger squad, that can rest a player time to time, Bielsea's methods would have worked. He has added Costa, which allows him to pull players off earlier.

He ha also lost some players from last years starting eleven. You also don't know that it would have worked if they have had a bigger squad. It is not that his career to date really involves that much success. Not really much evidence at all that his methods are successful in the long run.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 19, 2019, 11:13:59 PM
It is not that his career to date really involves that much success. Not really much evidence at all that his methods are successful in the long run.

Indeed. He seems essentially to have a 'cult' following. Or to put it another way, a bit like a stock market bubble - another (much more successful) manager like Guardiola or Pochettino praises him then a load of armchair experts reinforce each other's increasingly positive opinions of him, until their perception of him is a huge bubble with no correlation at all to what he's actually achieved     

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on September 19, 2019, 11:45:03 PM
It is not that his career to date really involves that much success. Not really much evidence at all that his methods are successful in the long run.

Indeed. He seems essentially to have a 'cult' following. Or to put it another way, a bit like a stock market bubble - another (much more successful) manager like Guardiola or Pochettino praises him then a load of armchair experts reinforce each other's increasingly positive opinions of him, until their perception of him is a huge bubble with no correlation at all to what he's actually achieved   

Bielsa no doubt has a cult-following, maybe for good reason he discovered Pochettino as a pre-teenager and coached Pep Guardiola as coach before managing Barcelona 2nd XI.

As for not having much success, he has won the Olympics Gold Medal 2004, Copa America runner up 2004, Argentine Primera División 1991, Copa Libertadores runner-up 1992, Argentine Primera División 1998, UEFA Europa League runner-up 2012, Copa del Rey runner-up 2012, IFFHS World's Best National Coach 2001 and South American Coach of the Year 2009.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 20, 2019, 09:05:48 AM
Quote from: Statto on September 19, 2019, 11:45:03 PM

Bielsa no doubt has a cult-following, maybe for good reason he discovered Pochettino as a pre-teenager and coached Pep Guardiola as coach before managing Barcelona 2nd XI. As for not having much success, he has won the Olympics Gold Medal 2004, Copa America runner up 2004, Argentine Primera División 1991, Copa Libertadores runner-up 1992, Argentine Primera División 1998, UEFA Europa League runner-up 2012, Copa del Rey runner-up 2012, IFFHS World's Best National Coach 2001 and South American Coach of the Year 2009.

Well done for copy-pasting a list of largely second-place finishes in largely second-rate competitions from Wikipedia.

In a ranking of the most successful managers of all time, where would that put him? I'm guessing about a thousand places below Felix Magath and Claudio Ranieri