News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I Wonder What Tony Macedo Thinks Of It All.

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 17, 2019, 02:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

David De Gea has signed a new contract making him the highest paid keeper,at £350,000 a week.
What was Tony on £80..and a better keeper at that.
Games gone bonkers.😵

bog

Tony was so unfortunate not to play for England. Today's rules would have allowed him to. As you say what would he make of these wages?   :022:

092.gif

RaySmith

I once saw him travelling to a game in which he was playing on the tube, just like us fans.

We really could see  our heroes then as 'one of our own' who'd made good, though still a lot like us in their lives and struggles,, and we had a real bond with them.

Reinforced by players like Tony, George Cohen, Johnny Haynes , Jim Langley , Eddie Lowe, Maurice Cook and Graham Leggat, et al,  playing together for Fulham for several years.

Peabody

Robin Lawlor used the 630 Trollybus towards Putney after each home game

cottage expat

Tony lived in a modest flat in Raynes Park (Lanham Court?) as I recall. On today's wages ????

Fernhurst

So proud Tony was our keeper.
Fabulously athletic, some of his saves were so spectacular they took my breath away.
Mind you, playing for Fulham in the early 60's he had plenty of practice.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

My dad and I sat on a Pic train leaving Hammersmith with four of our players. I was young and can't remember all of them, I seem to recall Mullery was one, Cohen another.  I got autographs and I remember my dad handed round the cigarettes - on a tube train! How times have changed and in so many ways.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on September 17, 2019, 08:56:08 PM
My dad and I sat on a Pic train leaving Hammersmith with four of our players. I was young and can't remember all of them, I seem to recall Mullery was one, Cohen another.  I got autographs and I remember my dad handed round the cigarettes - on a tube train! How times have changed and in so many ways.

Times have most certainly changed, and not always for the better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

I met Tony Macedo in the early 80's when I was working at Sun City in Southern Africa.  He came up to the cash desk and I had reason to ask for his name.  When he told me  I replied not THE Tony Macedo, ex Fulham goalkeeper?  He was both pleased and astounded I knew who he was and once I told him I was born in Fulham and my family were all fans of the club we had a good old chat.  Lovely bloke.