watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR:Repair Shop

Started by spikey norman, September 16, 2019, 07:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

What a lovely uplifting sometimes emotional  series of this is.
Shows what fantastic craftsman we have in this country.Just amazing how they can restore items to their former glory especially when it means so much to people.

toshes mate

It is a good watch at times.  However, I can remember the times when there were repair shops on every high street and they would have a go at repairing most anything.  Shepherd's Bush market used to be one of my favourite weekend places to visit - so many different repairers and places to visit to learn DIY.

spikey norman

Quote from: toshes mate on September 16, 2019, 07:35:28 PM
It is a good watch at times.  However, I can remember the times when there were repair shops on every high street and they would have a go at repairing most anything.  Shepherd's Bush market used to be one of my favourite weekend places to visit - so many different repairers and places to visit to learn DIY.
I lived top end of Hammersmith Grove in the 60's and 70's where it met Goldhawk Road so went to Shepherds Bush  market regularly so remember many of the old stalls.
Do you remember Zippy's in Goldhawk Road by the market entrance which made the first burger I ever had as a 9 year old.

SP

Used to love the 'Swap Shop' in Croydon, never bought anything but spent hours in there browsing.

David Allen Crankshaw

One of the best programmes on the telly.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: spikey norman on September 16, 2019, 07:45:59 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 16, 2019, 07:35:28 PM

Do you remember Zippy's in Goldhawk Road by the market entrance which made the first burger I ever had as a 9 year old.

I also enjoyed watching him in that program 'Rainbow' in the 1980s.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I really enjoy this programme.  :54: So many emotional stories in 60 minutes of quiet craftsmanship. All those carrying out the work obviously love their work.  My favorite is when clocks are repaired. My 8th wonder of the world is a clock mechanism. That is true and not a wind up...

092.gif   

Shropshire Lad

Yes totally agree just like one man and his dog very watchable feel good programs. 077.gif