News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dutch Pensioner Williemen Reiken(84)...I salute You.

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 17, 2019, 03:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Been reading  about this wonderful lady who has been tending the grave of trooper William Edmond(27) who was shot by a sniper in her family's garden on the first day of the battle of Arnhem in 1944 when she was 9.
Since then she has looked after and lays flowers on his grave for 75 years.🌹🌹🌸🌸🌻What a lovely lady.

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

Mince n Tatties

I hope when she goes,someone will do the same
for her if she's buried.

Fernhurst

I travelled through Holland on a troop train thirteen years after the war ended and was astounded at the feeling our troops generated in the Dutch people.
The sight of a huge amount people leaning out of their windows in the tower blocks they inhabited waving flags was the nearest I have felt to Royalty.
This story of this lovely old lady does not surprise me, the embodiment of gratitude for the liberation of their country.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Bill2

Twig

bog

I read about that in the Mail. What a wonderful lady.

Woolly Mammoth

Well done Mince for highlighting this, and I read it in the mail also.
She is an absolute Saint, bless her, this lady is an example to us all.
It helps restore your faith in human nature, and shows how kind people can be wherever they come from are.
Unfortunately more often than not it's the bad evil things that take the headlines. But on this occasion it is a kind and selfless act that has attracted the right attention.
As has already been stated, let's hope the same is done for her when she passes away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

There are similar stories from all over Europe dating from the wars. We don't know what it must have been like to be occupied by another country.lets hope we never do

filham

Quote from: Andy S on September 19, 2019, 09:46:45 PM
There are similar stories from all over Europe dating from the wars. We don't know what it must have been like to be occupied by another country.lets hope we never do
Brexit or no Brexit we must ensure we maintain these good relationships with our friends in Europe.