watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When and how will we win again,

Started by The Swan, September 21, 2019, 10:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When will we win again if Scott Parker says that we need to keep doing what we are doing.

If we keep doing that we are not likely to get into the Playoffs let alone the top two.

In the end today bad defending cost us two points just like last week.

Scott Parker need a number 2 who has some experience in football management.

Whats happen to Mito. We must get the ball to him quicker .
The Swan

bobby01

We have two wide men who play to cut in onto their stronger foot and shoot, if they changed sides occasionally they could put in crosses for mitro, as it is he gets little service to his strength
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitestone

We will win next Friday against Wigan because we will score more goals than them.

HV71

We also don't really have a true leader on the pitch - K Mac did this so effectively 2 years ago. He may not be the answer over 90 minutes but to see the game out  surely a no brainer.

FFC1987

I know this might annoy and inflame, but i'm of the opinion that Scotty's done if we don't win convincingly Friday. We could be 7/8 points off automatic at that point and that's a travesty with this squad. We can't afford to rely on a 30+ unbeaten run again, it was incredible and I don;t think easily replicated even with this squad.

The Rational Fan

Scott Parker is an inexperienced manager, that worked under two failed managers, was given a lot of new squad, in a new division and is stuggling a little. Although, changing Parker is not tvs solution either. The solution is changing less, and building on what we have. No more cleaning out the deadwood, as mostly it's alive.

What did people expect? In truth, he is performing above my expectations, that fell once we loaned out Anguissa because that meant Parker would have to rebuild the team, something he hasn't yet done and most relegated teams with parchate payments struggle to do.

For me, the three WBA promotions in eight years is the blueprint of success for yo-yo teams, they kept their squad together. We scored nine goals in eight league games last year and got three goals against milwall, those players would boss this league with our now more cohesive defensive.

Woolly Mammoth

The OP asks what can we do to start winning again. As he knows and I know and we all know, the simple answer is to score more goals than the opposition. I doesn't matter if we win 5 4, 5 3, 4 2, or even 1 0 if my sanity can stand the pace. But score goals we must, and shed loads ASAP in the game, don't give opponents hope when there isn't any. Destroy their confidence and resilience by scoring early. Knock the stuffing out of them, that's what ruthless teams do.
Currently we are out passing teams, and outplaying them on many occasions, but sadly we are not out scoring them, so these teams hang in there with a chance of getting a result which SW did yesterday as we only had a narrow lead, hence the reason why they were still able to throw the kitchen sink at us. Fortunately Betts stood in the way of a agonising defeat, how would we have felt then, and as the OP has mentioned, we must give Mitro more support, home and away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

It is all in the data.... the easy answer, we need to improve our crossing and shooting.

filham

At the beginning of the season we were all worried about our leaky defence, the problem has now switche to the attack, we are just not scoring more than a goal a game.

SP

For what it's worth, Wigan's odds for Friday are 13/2.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on September 22, 2019, 12:31:44 PM
For what it's worth, Wigan's odds for Friday are 13/2.

Perhaps that's an omen that we may win 13 - 2.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.