more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dimitar Berbatov retires

Started by Barrett487, September 19, 2019, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Dimitar Berbatov retires from football

Dimitar Berbatov has announced his retirement from football in a very Dimitar Berbatov way.

The Bulgarian forward was a fan favourite wherever he went in his career, which included Premier League stints at Tottenham , Manchester United and Fulham .

Often praised for his individualism, Berbatov has been without a club since leaving Indian Super League side Kerala Blasters last year.

On the nine-year anniversary of his hat-trick for Manchester United against Liverpool in the Premier League at Old Trafford, Berbatov uploaded footage of a stunning overhead kick he scored in that 3-2 win to his Instagram Story, before posting a longer statement along with footage of some of his other goals.

hovewhite

Know  berba was disliked on this board,but loved watching that skill he had plus ability to boot.he was a rolls Royce of a footballer and wood love to see him in our starting eleven now.

Steeeeeeeeeed

He was almost useless at Fulham in my opinion.

Had some great moments at Spurs and Man Utd, and he needed to be the 'icing on the cake' of an already good team, surrounded by good players.

My memory of him at Fulham is him just walking about really.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Anyhow,

Now I got that off my chest

Here's his 20 Goals for Fulham (6 pens)

Rest Up in Peace

Edit...Just watched all his Man Utd Goals and Assists...blimey some great stuff there 😲

HV71

Some would say that he 'retired' seasons ago. He had so much skill and was a joy to watch - incredibly frustrating - but a genius in many ways. Marmite - but for one I am so glad that I saw him play live on so many occasions. ( there used to be a guy who posted on here who had the video clip and of him trapping a 30 yd pass by the Riverside stand ) it was amazing !

HV71

My memory of him at Fulham is him just walking about really.

I also remember the MOTD team saying something like 'let us show that piece of action in slow motion' -Oh we don't need to its Berbatov ! ' ( away at Southampton ?)

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: HV71 on September 19, 2019, 07:47:01 PM
Some would say that he 'retired' seasons ago. He had so much skill and was a joy to watch - incredibly frustrating - but a genius in many ways. Marmite - but for one I am so glad that I saw him play live on so many occasions. ( there used to be a guy who posted on here who had the video clip and of him trapping a 30 yd pass by the Riverside stand ) it was amazing !

I think this is that...

https://youtu.be/uXdZUH2A5GM

Not bad nipper :)

Fulham 442

clanky

The game needs characters and he was one of them.

Glad I saw him play, a true legend, fond memories of him

Amazing penalty taker !

Would never get in a team based on opta stats but neither would Best, Marsh, Bowles etc.

Twig

Quote from: clanky on September 19, 2019, 08:33:13 PM

The game needs characters and he was one of them.

Glad I saw him play, a true legend, fond memories of him

Amazing penalty taker !

Would never get in a team based on opta stats but neither would Best, Marsh, Bowles etc.

I think this is the point. He frustrated the hell out of me but I also acknowledged his genius.  Marmite definitely but every sport benefits from talents like this.

HV71

I think this is that...

https://youtu.be/uXdZUH2A5GM

Not bad nipper :)

Yes - that's it - fantastic!

Sgt Fulham

Great player and the best penalty taker I have ever seen. One season would have been enough though.

Andy S

Statto

He was our top scorer in the PL, wasn't he? More league goals in a single season than McBride, Saha, Zamora, and in a team that was otherwise pretty poor. I'm not sure what stats opta look at but for me, goals scored is the most important stat for a striker.

Hate to say it but even at the age we had him, he was probably the best player we've had in the last 50 years, with only Dembele I coming close IMO.

Astounded that he could be described as "almost useless"

hovewhite

Quote from: Statto on September 19, 2019, 11:25:11 PM

He was our top scorer in the PL, wasn't he? More league goals in a single season than McBride, Saha, Zamora, and in a team that was otherwise pretty poor. I'm not sure what stats opta look at but for me, goals scored is the most important stat for a striker.

Hate to say it but even at the age we had him, he was probably the best player we've had in the last 50 years, with only Dembele I coming close IMO.

I'm happy that some of you enjoyed his time here as much as me.

Mince n Tatties

"Best Player along with Dembele1" in last 50 years?
What drugs are you on this week Statto? 064.gif

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 20, 2019, 07:06:28 AM

he's taking the same drug as me,haha

ffc73

Marmite player.

I don't like marmite

Statto

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 20, 2019, 07:06:28 AM

OK make it 40 yrs. Now name a better player.

And don't say "Calum Chambers because at least he knew how to graft" or some sh1te like that. I'm talking about talent.

Sgt Fulham

Would think that top scorer in PL, both in total and in one season belongs to Dempsey.