watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So.............How will we feel?

Started by Fernhurst, September 19, 2019, 09:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

If we lose Saturday and a gap of 8 points is confirmed.

1. What sort of run will we have to go on to overtake top two?
2. Will it be sensibly achievable given the top two's current form?
3. Is Saturday pretty much our last chance to catch up before Christmas?
4. Will our management team start to crack under the pressure?
5. Is all of above daft with 40 games to go?

COYW  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitesideup

For me, depends on performance. If we play well and draw only because of key moments going against us ... maybe unlucky moments (eg refereeing decisions, wonder goals, clumsy, ie accidental,  but not malicious challenges resulting in a red card,) then I will not despair. If we lose under the same circumstances, I will not despair. Unhappy yes, desperate?  no.

But I don't want to see us well beaten by a Wednesday team that is technically better, more organized, and physically stronger .. then I will be disappointed.

We will win 2-0.

COYW !!!

Jimsbeerbelly

Personally think we will lose on Saturday, in fact, I'd say it's pretty much nailed on. Not being negative, but, I just feel it's where we are right now, and we don't look like a team that's ready for the top 2.

If we are serious about the top 2, then our luck does need to change, starting on Saturday, and we need to put a good Sheff Weds team to bed.

Like you say, gap could increase to 8pts, and I think the pressure could start to mount on Parker, who should be doing much better with that squad.

I'll take a draw right now.

Statto

*IF* we lose it would take something like a run of WWWWW (ie 5 straight wins) to get us to top 2 form from there. Difficult but not impossible. Keep in mind that even if we were currently in the top 2, we'd need to hitting something like WWWDL every 5 games just to stay up there.

Woolly Mammoth

We certainly cannot afford to lose if we are serious about top six let alone top 2.
A win should not be a surprise, a draw is a draw and away from home is looked upon as a moral victory, a defeat will sow seeds of doubt, in players and supporters that's human nature. A win is the only way to yield the maximum three points, which is really what we need to keep us in touch with the leading pack. Unfortunately Drawing and losing will just see us fall behind further. From now on, 2 wins on average out of 3 matches is essential and a recipe for automatic promotion. Although we may have to settle for an away score draw on this occasion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

If we lose Saturday and a gap of 8 points is confirmed.

1. What sort of run will we have to go on to overtake top two?
Any team that we haven't played, we should catch up to by beating them twice.

2. Will it be sensibly achievable given the top two's current form?
If the current form of the top two continues all season they'll get 106 points, the best we can hope for is a playoff place. 

We need to aim for 89 points (normally enough), which is two points per game from now on (ie WDWLW).

3. Is Saturday pretty much our last chance to catch up before Christmas?
Our best chance to catch up to the top teams, is when we play the teams above us.
Besides, if we are five points behind at Christmas, I think we can easily catch up.

4. Will our management team start to crack under the pressure?
That depends on the fans, start the blame game and the blameless will get blamed too.

5. Is all of above daft with 40 games to go?
Of course, we need 24 more wins out of 39 games.

Fernhurst

Looking for a dynamic performance tomorrow especially from our Captain with more speed in the final third.
Pretty much a must win to allay the concerns of upper management and keep us on track.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

We are all looking for a win I know but first we need a couple of goals. The big worry right now is that the goals seem to be drying up, we are not going to climb the table without goals, we need another performance like the Millwall game to restore confidence.