watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 20/09/19...

Started by WhiteJC, September 20, 2019, 08:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday: This is who could make the team for Saturday's clash with Fulham
Garry Monk's debut outing at Huddersfield saw Sheffield Wednesday cruise to a 2-0 win thanks to goals from Steven Fletcher and Sam Winnall.

But how will the Owls line-up against promotion favourites Fulham at Hillsborough on Saturday as Monk ponders a switch to a 4-4-2? Let's take a look at the likely starters.

1. GK - Keiren Westwood

The Ireland international had a solid game on Sunday and will once again start between the sticks.

2. RB - Moses Odubajo

The right-back has had a mixed start to his Wednesday life, but will hope to get it back on track with a strong display against Fulham.

3. CB - Dominic Iorfa

In the continued absence of the injured Tom Lees, Iorfa seems to be winning the battle of the back-up centre-halves.

4. CB - Julian Borner

Already a cult hero among Wednesday fans, Borner has been one of the few constants in the side this season.

5. LB - Liam Palmer

Continuing his renaissance at left-back, Palmer will have his hands full on Saturday.

6. RM - Adam Reach

Much has been made of Reach's preferred position in recent weeks, and he could get the chance to stretch his legs on the wing should the Owls switch to a 4-4-2.

7. CM - Sam Hutchinson

A leader in the middle, Hutchinson has enjoyed a solid start to the season and is one of the first names on the team sheet.

8. CM - Barry Bannan

Bannan was awarded the man of the match award in Sunday's Yorkshire derby win. He'll be hoping to pull more strings this weekend.

9. LM - Kadeem Harris

Arguably the Owls' player of the year so far, Harris will get the opportunity to run at Fulham's defence from the left wing.

10. CF - Steven Fletcher

Fletcher has led the line with real class so far this season.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-who-could-make-team-saturdays-clash-fulham-634129?page=1

WhiteJC

Neil Warnock names the Cardiff City 'leader' who has left a huge void after summer exit and his verdict on Leeds United, Fulham and West Brom

The Bluebirds let a host of talent leave the Welsh capital this summer

The likes of Victor Camarasa and Harry Arter chose not to return after their loan spells ended, while Bruno Manga and Kenneth Zohore both left for pastures new.

But Warnock has constantly singled out Aron Gunnarsson as a massive loss and believes it has left a huge leadership void.

"It's a bit of a transition period from coming down," Warnock told talkSPORT. "Most teams have that sort of thing.

"We lost Aron Gunnarsson, Victor Camarasa, Harry Arter, Kenneth Zohore, people like that. With Gunnarsson, it wasn't just on the field but it was the leadership part that he showed.

"We managed to sign a good replacement in Marlon Pack and then he gets injured just after one game.

"We've had a few injuries, but that's no excuse, it's a decent squad and, apart from one really bad game at Reading, they've come back really well.

"I can't fault them, we just can't score enough goals at the moment. But we're not doing too badly at the minute."

City have endured an undulating start to this Championship campaign.

Two wins, two losses and three draws might be par for the course for some clubs, but Cardiff fans would have been brimming with expectation at the start of the season, having narrowly missed out securing another year of Premier League football.

A middling transfer window followed by poor defeats at Wigan and Reading prompted some discontent among some sections of supporters, however the Bluebirds have now managed to string together a run of four games undefeated.

They sit mid-table and Warnock will hope a little run of positive results can catapult them back up into the top echelons of the division.

While the manager concedes there are some top clubs in this division who have shot out of the blocks, he knows there is a lot of the race still left to run.

"I think it's a great league, because you can't predict anything any day of the week," he added.

"Leeds have kept their best players, spent money, got loan players in for the season. The same with Fulham, they've got some good players in.

"West Brom are not far away, either, so there are three or four up there, but it's possible for any other team over the next 39 games (to get up there). It's very open."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-names-cardiff-city-16943670

WhiteJC

Away Day Planner: September & October 2019

Three northern away day matches at Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Middlesborough await Fulham in the upcoming months. Dom Betts is here to give you the lowdown on how to get there, and more importantly, where to drink.

Sheffield Wednesday

Trains

Adult – £51.91 (if you split your tickets). Otherwise direct trains will be in excess of £70-80
    Adult with railcard – £34.23 or £51.45 (direct)
    Child – £26.29 or £44.50 (Direct)

Where to park

There is a car park directly behind the Kop and the Wednesday Club shop. It is called the Wednesdayite car park and is open to fans of both teams. It costs £7 for visitors and its post code is S6 1QE.
    You may find it easier to park at Meadowhall Railway Station, near to the Shopping Centre, just by Junction 34 of the M1, where you can park for free and then take a yellow tram to Leppings lane, which costs £3 return and takes about 35 minutes.

Where to drink

The Howard, Howard St, S1 2LW – This is the pub directly opposite the crossing up from the fountains by the station. This pub does some nice pub food along with a good selection of beers. It also has TVs showing live sport as well as a pool table.
    The Sheaf Island, Ecclesall Rd, S11 8HW – A standard Wetherspoons outlet serving standard pub food and cheap beer only a 10-15 minute walk from the ground. You'll have a good mix of home and away fans in here
    The Devonshire Cat, 49 Wellington St, S1 4HG –  This pub has around 12 hand pulled beers on offer, serves food, has a large screen tv, welcomes families (until 7pm) and is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.

Stoke City

Trains

Adult – £32.00
    Adult with railcard – £22.45
    Child – £17.00

Where To Park

Screwfix Direct Warehouse, Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8GR: There are 300 parking spaces available (weekend matches only) at the Screwfix direct site on Stanley Matthews Way. The site is based one mile from the ground and allows quicker access back onto the A50 after the game has ended. The cost for parking is £4 per car (no mini buses).
    Herons Cross, ST4 3AY: Just to the North Stadium, in an area called Herons Cross, just off the A50, we found some street parking available on Grove Road (ST4 3AY). It is then around a 15 minute walk to the Bet365 Stadium. There is a footpath leading to the stadium – just follow the other fans on their way to the match'.
    South Stadium parking ST4 8GR: There is also car parking south of the stadium on Stanley Matthews Way between Screwfix and the Stadium opposite Pets at Home (Sat Nav ST4 8GR ). It costs £5 and you can get to this car park via Stanley Mathews Way from the A50 or Trentham Road. After the match all traffic goes south which means you avoid all the congestion by the stadium.

Where To Drink

HARVESTER, Stanley Matthews Way, Trentham Lakes, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4TL: Next to the stadium is a Holiday Inn and a Harvester Pub/Restaurant that do allow in away fans and has Sky Sports. So if you want somewhere in the vicinity of the ground this is probably your best choice
    TERRACE BAR, 185 Leek Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 2BW – The Terrace Bar is only five minutes walk from the railway station (turn right out of the station entrance, left at the crossroads and the pub is down on the left) and also shows Sky Sports and offers food too. You can then get the shuttle bus to the stadium for £4 from the town centre.
    THE WHEATSHEAF, 84-92 Church St, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1BU – This is the wetherspoon outlet in the town centre is an option for you.

Middlesborough

Trains

N/A – It doesn't seem as if LNER have released any advance tickets yet. But once they do we will put it on our twitter. The route is usually up via York or Darlington.

Where To Park

There is a small amount of parking available at the stadium itself (in Car Park E). It costs £6 per car and spaces can be booked through the ticket office.
    Also when you reach the turn off the A66 (as signposted) for the stadium, then rather than at the top of the slip road turning left towards the stadium, then instead if your turn right to go back across the A66, then there is plenty of street parking available in this area. It is then about a 15-20 minute walk to the away turnstiles.

Where To Drink

Doctor Browns, 135 Corporation Rd, TS1 2RR – The main pub for away fans is Doctor Browns, which a ten minute walk away from the ground at the bottom of Corporation Road, in the town centre. This pub serves real ale, has SKY TV and on my last visit had a good mix of home and away fans, both inside and outside of the pub.
    Barracuda, 42 Albert Rd, TS1 1QD – Where a fair few Fulham fans have drunk previously due to it's very cheap pints, showing of the live football, and obviously the Dom Betts special, VK fishbowls.
    The Isaac Wilson, 61 Wilson St, TS1 1SF – This is the nearest Wetherspoons to the ground. You know what you're getting here cheap beer & decent food.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2019-09-19-away-day-planner-september-october-2019/

WhiteJC

Ex-soldier Stephen surprised and delighted by visit of two Fulham players

A soldier who was seriously injured in Iraq was surprised by a visit from two Fulham footballers.

Midfielder Kevin McDonald and defender Cyrus Christie dropped in to meet die-hard Fulham fan Stephen Vause, 32, at The Royal Star & Garter Home in Surbiton.

The visit on Tuesday, September 17  was organised by staff at the Home, who form close friendships with the residents and love to arrange treats and surprises for them.

Stephen was presented with a Fulham shirt signed by the squad, and a signed book featuring press cuttings from Fulham matches over the years. He was also promised two tickets to a match of his choice this season. The players were also taken to the Physiotherapy room where Stephen regularly works out.

Stephen was just 19 and on his first tour in Iraq, serving with the 4th Battalion The Rifles, when he suffered brain injuries in a mortar explosion near Basra. The attack left him severely disabled.

The Royal Star & Garter Homes cares for ex-Servicemen and women and their partners living with disability or dementia. The Charity has been caring for Stephen since 2015.

Following the visit, Stephen said: "I had no idea they were going to turn up. I'm feeling very grateful. It was amazing."

Scotland international McDonald spoke of his admiration of the Home and Stephen. He said: "Every day we get a lot of kicks that cause a bit of pain, but then we meet guys who put their lives on the line for their country. It puts everything into perspective to meet people like this. When you consider what Stephen's been through it's an honour to meet him."

Cyrus Christie's brother was in the Army for 10 years and served in Afghanistan. The Irish international said it was "humbling" to meet Stephen and added: "He's a true inspiration."

To support Stephen and other veterans like him, please go to https://starandgarter.org/donation-page/donate/ or https://www.justgiving.com/starandgarter

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2019/09/19/Ex-soldier-Stephen-surprised-and-delighted-by-visit-of-two-Fulham-players

WhiteJC

arry Monk issues negative Sheffield Wednesday update

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has revealed that Tom Lees in unlikely to be fit for Saturday's clash with Fulham at Hillsborough.

The 28-year-old missed the Owls' 2-0 victory over Huddersfield Town last weekend due to a hamstring injury (via The Star) with Dominic Iorfa being asked to cover at centre-back.

A mainstay in the heart of Wednesday's defence last season, Lees featured on 42 occasions in the Championship as the club secured a mid-table finish.

Having recently developed a fruitful partnership with summer arrival Julian Borner, the former Leeds United man would have been hoping to return to the Owls' starting eleven at the weekend.

However, Monk confirmed that the chances of Lees making an appearance are slim.

As cited by The Star journalist Dom Howson on Twitter, the Owls boss said: "Tom Lees in unlikely to be fit for Fulham."

Despite this setback, Monk did confirm that Wednesday had not suffered any fresh injuries.

Is this the WORST Sheffield Wednesday starting XI from the last 10 years? Let us know what YOU think...

In Lees' absence, the Owls boss may stick with Iorfa or instead opt to play David Bates or Jordan Thorniley.

Whilst Iorfa is predominately a right-back, the aforementioned duo are more suited to central defence having both played there for the majority of their careers.

The Verdict

This is unquestionably a blow for the Owls as they would have been hoping to have Lees fit for Saturday's clash against Fulham.

Although Wednesday illustrated some real signs of promise in a defensive sense last weekend, keeping the Cottagers quiet may turn out to be a tough task for Monk's men.

With Fulham boasting an attacking trio of Ivan Cavaleiro, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Anthony Knockaert, the Owls will have to be on top-form if they are to secure a positive result at Hillsborough.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/garry-monk-issues-negative-sheffield-wednesday-update/

WhiteJC

Away Day Special

For a limited time only, supporters can save 20% on our 2019/20 Away Kit!

Fans have until 11.59pm on Sunday 22nd September to take advantage of this offer, which includes our 2019/20 away shirt, shorts and socks in both adult and junior sizes.

Shop today online or instore (Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm).

T+C's:
This offer is only valid from Thursday 19th September – Sunday 22nd September and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts.
Discount applied at purchase.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/september/19/away-day-special

WhiteJC

Rovers confirm signing of former Tottenham and Fulham midfielder

Blackburn Rovers have announced the signing of German midfielder Lewis Holtby on a free transfer.

The midfielder left Hamburger SV this summer after four permanent years with the 2. Bundesliga side.

He spent time as a youth player at Sparta Gerderath, Borrusia Monchengladbach and Alemannia Aachen, and was developed as an attacking midfielder at the latter.

Holtby made his debut at the age of 17 in December 2007, before making the switch to the left-win in the following season.

He made 31 appearances and scored eight goals, picking up the 'Gold Fritz Walter Medal' for the best German U19 player, beating Andre Schurrle to the award.

The midfielder moved to Schalke O4 in 2009, and had loan spells at VfL Bochum and Mainz 05 before returning for the 2011 Supercup, which Schalke won.

A move to a deeper midfield role under Ralk Rangnick saw Holtby score nine goals across the 2011-12 season, helping Schalke finish fifth and reach the last four of the Champions League.

Tottenham Hotspur came calling in January 2013 for his services, and he made the move to London for £1.5million. He started well but then struggled to get in the team under Tim Sherwood, and signed for Fulham in January 2014.

However, he fell out with Cottagers boss Felix Magath after comments to a German newspaper, and after his return to Tottenham, he joined Hamburg on loan.

That spell became permanent in 2015, and Holtby spent four further years at the club, scoring 14 times in 127 matches.

He has also appeared for Germany three times.

It is expected that he won't feature in this weekend's match with Reading, but will link up with the side for training and prepare for his debut.

You can see what Holtby will bring to Rovers in the article here.

http://roverschat.com/rovers-confirm-signing-of-former-tottenham-and-fulham-midfielder/

WhiteJC

Dimitar Berbatov retires from football with brilliant Instagram statement

The former Tottenham, Manchester United and Fulham forward has bowed out of the game having last played professionally over a year ago

Dimitar Berbatov has announced his retirement from football in a very Dimitar Berbatov way.

The Bulgarian forward was a fan favourite wherever he went in his career, which included Premier League stints at Tottenham , Manchester United and Fulham .

Often praised for his individualism, Berbatov has been without a club since leaving Indian Super League side Kerala Blasters last year.

On the nine-year anniversary of his hat-trick for Manchester United against Liverpool in the Premier League at Old Trafford, Berbatov uploaded footage of a stunning overhead kick he scored in that 3-2 win to his Instagram Story, before posting a longer statement along with footage of some of his other goals.

The statement goes as follows:

"I did it my way!

On this special day today, if you don't know why, check the story, I decide to share this with you, which I was preparing to post a while ago, but didn't... I don't know why...

"I know some of you already thought that I retired, and now maybe you are like WTF Berbs we know that you don't play, but I did try to find something (a club) last year. Didn't happen.

"So, someone told me I need to say something, and seeing that people were asking me, especially back home, I need to give a farewell message! So, here it is!

"My last game was more than one year ago, so I think its the right time now to stop and its long overdue!

"Although when I think about it, its never The End, because I will stay in the game in one way or another, the time has come to say that after almost 20 years playing football I am stopping with my professional ACTIVE football career!

"I will miss it! I will f***ing miss it! Everything! The games, trainings, the goals, preparations, the pressure, my teammates... the roar of the fans when I scored another banger.

"I was blessed and worked hard to have the opportunity to play with one of the best ever and against some of the best ever! And coming from small country this makes it even more special for me!

"I had my highs and of course some lows in my career, won my fair share of trophies, score some goals along the way as well! I played the way I wanna play, and I scored the goals I wanted to score!

"Thank you to all the people who helped me develop, and became the player I always wanted to be!

"Thank you to all my former teams my teammates and my coaches and staff! It was a pleasure!

I know at times I was not easy to work with, but I always gave my everything for the teams I played for!

I hope you all have enjoyed my game, and everything I gave to entertain you on the pitch!

"Damn it, I will miss all of this, people, because I love football so much... But I am sure you will miss me as well. Thank you!"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dimitar-berbatov-retires-football-brilliant-20098985

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday: Garry Monk on Fulham, Scott Parker and the rise of British bosses in the Championship
Two passionate, young, ambitious English managers are set to lead their teams into battle at Hillsborough this weekend.

Garry Monk, preparing for his first home match in charge of the Owls, is relishing the prospect of taking on Scott Parker's Fulham side.

The likes of Monk, 40, Parker, 38, and Huddersfield Town's Danny Cowley, 40, are flying the flag for English bosses in the Championship.

"It's brilliant," Monk told The Star. "Maybe for a while there was maybe a stigma about English managers that we weren't capable, that we were old-school, even the younger ones.

"But I think it's very clear we have some very good, young British coaches. Very thoughtful ones, on a par with others.

"The foreign influence has been fantastic as well, because it has helped us learn a lot. Even as a player, having foreign coaches was excellent, I learned things maybe I wouldn't have learned.

"But in the modern game, I think we as British coaches feel we are as good as anyone else. We are trying to fight for that."

Wednesday are Monk's fifth management job since he called time on his playing career, which included a three-month loan spell with the Owls in the 2002-03 campaign.

As for Parker, he only kicked off his managerial journey seven months ago. The former England international was promoted from first-team coach to caretaker boss after Claudio Ranieri was sacked.

Monk, formerly of Swansea City, Leeds United, Middlesbrough and Birmingham City, said: "It's a shock to the system (moving from player to manager). The sense of responsibility is 10-fold to what a player feels.

"It's difficult, but you can see in Scott - he was a top player - he has done his coaching behind the scenes at Fulham, and will have his own ideas.

"He has an incredible squad to pick from and try to execute what he wants. They have one of the strongest squads in the league.

"They had the disappointment of last season, but they have managed to keep top quality players in their squad - and added to it - and I think Scott has done very well.

"Fulham are a lot further down the line of being together, a way of working and understanding.

"But we have to be competitive, we are not going to be the finished product that I want."

Monk made a winning start as Owls boss, guiding the team to a routine 2-0 win over struggling Huddersfield Town.

But the ex-Swansea City defender believes there is still plenty of room for improvement.

"Since coming into management I have seen a lot of all the (Wednesday) players," said Monk, who is likely to be again without captain Tom Lees (hamstring). "You have a good idea of what they are capable of. But the truth comes when you are stood in front of them on a day-to-day basis and I can see a lot of room for improvement.

"Right now, we are just concentrating on getting that competitiveness and mentality right, to raise the standards, and then work on the quality as we go along.

"I have a good group here and I am enjoying working with them. They know the demands are going to be raised, each day, each week, and they understand that. They have been very responsive.

"We need to be in a position to win, or take points from the game, which gives you longer to work.

"But it's a difficult league, Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday. It's very difficult to get all the training across because you can't work too intensively with the players.

"We have another international break coming up and that will be another chance to get a big block of work done. That's life in the Championship."

Monk insists it will take time for him to fully implement his philosophy but he is acutely aware of the pressure on his shoulders to deliver success.

He said: "I understand the demands; you have to get results and you have to get your team to that end goal of where they need to be as soon as you can.

"Normally you have a pre-season period where the bulk of that work is done, then throughout the season it's brushed up and re-affirmed.

"I don't have that luxury, but I have been in that situation before and understand firstly we need to be competitive."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheffield-wednesday-garry-monk-fulham-scott-parker-and-rise-british-bosses-championship-634342

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Scott Parker gives his verdict on Garry Monk's Sheffield Wednesday

Fulham travel to Hillsborough to take on Sheffield Wednesday this weekend.

Fulham manager Scott Parker believes Sheffield Wednesday will represent one of his side's toughest games of the season to date as they prepare to take on the Owls at Hillsborough, Fulhamfc.com report.

"It's probably one of our toughest games. In Cardiff and West Brom [our last two games], we've played two of the toughest teams in the division and I put Sheffield Wednesday in that category as well," Parker explained.

"They understand their way around [the Championship], they've got some very good and experienced players. At Hillsborough with their big pitch and big stadium it's going to be a tough day."

Sheffield Wednesday have made a decent start to the Championship campaign, winning four of their seven league games with two of those victories coming at Hillsborough.

The Owls have plenty of experience in their side with the likes of Sam Hutchinson, Barry Bannan, Steven Fletcher, Kieron Westood and Sam Reach in their ranks. New manager Garry Monk has a good squad at his disposal, and he began his reign with a 2-0 win at Huddersfield Town last week.

Fulham are one of the favourites for promotion, but so far, the Cottagers have struggled for consistency despite boasting a superb forward line consisting of Anthony Knockaert, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ivan Cavaleiro.

It's a big test for the Owls, and victory will provide optimism over a potential playoff push this season.

Monk showed his capabilities at this level while in charge of Leeds United and Birmingham City but missed out on a top six spot. The 40-year-old, however, will be hoping to go one better with the Yorkshire club.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/09/19/fulham-boss-scott-parker-gives-his-verdict-on-garry-monks-sheffi/

WhiteJC

EFL set to name former Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry as new chairman

Former Liverpool and Premier League chief executive Rick Parry is in line to take over as chairman of the EFL.

The governing body announced it had named the 64-year-old as its chairman designate, with his appointment to be put forward for endorsement by EFL clubs on September 26.

If approved, Parry will then move forward to being ratified at a general meeting.

Parry, one of the forefathers of the Premier League having joined as its chief executive in 1992 - a position he held until 1997 - will replace Ian Lenagan as chairman, who stepped down as EFL Chairman in September 2018.

In a statement, the EFL said that Parry was "one of the UK's most experienced leaders in football" and will be tasked with "overseeing the growth and development of the EFL with the aim of ensuring the continued strength of EFL competitions, commercial success and governance".

Parry served as Liverpool's chief executive between 1997 and 2009, overseeing their 2001 'treble' of UEFA Cup, League Cup and FA Cup and 2005 Champions League win.

Debbie Jevans, who has been serving as chair since Lenagan's departure, will return to an independent director role, with the hunt for a replacement for former chief executive Shaun Harvey ongoing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11814210/efl-set-to-name-former-liverpool-chief-executive-rick-parry-as-new-chairman

WhiteJC

Flashback: Fulham's capture of Aleksandar Mitrovic perfect for Championship campaigns

In our latest instalment of the Flashback series, we take a look back at a certain moment and look at how things have panned out for the player in question at his new club.

On the week that Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic turns 25, Transfer Tavern takes a look at the decisive moment in his career, which came back in January of 2018, when the Serbian marksman joined the club on loan for the second half of the 2017-18 season.

Having scored just one goal in six league appearances for Newcastle during the first half of the 2017-18 campaign, Mitrovic was sent on loan to the Cottagers at the beginning of last year in order to gain minutes in the Championship, as the west Londoners eyed up a return to the top-flight.

Seven goals in his opening eight fixtures for the Lilywhites saw Mitrovic emerge as one of the divisions deadliest frontmen. He ended the season on a hugely respectable 12 goals and one assist, as Fulham missed out on automatic promotion on the final day, losing 3-1 to Birmingham City; their first league loss of the calendar year. They did, however, earn promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs, beating Aston Villa 1-0 at Wembley.

Mitrovic's performances on loan at Fulham earned him a permanent move to west London last summer, with the Cottagers paying Newcastle a fee of £22m, according to the Mirror and pleased fans online at the time.

Despite the club enduring a poor campaign last term, and subsequently finding themselves relegated from the first-tier after just one season back in it, Mitrovic was the one shining beacon for the Cottagers. The Serbia international found the net 11 times, whilst chipping in with three assists (Transfermarkt), but unfortunately couldn't help steer the club away from relegation.

This season, he has seemingly picked off exactly where he left off last term, scoring five goals in his opening seven games for the Cottagers, as they look to make it back to the big time at the first time of asking.

Leading the way in terms of shots per game (3.4, per WhoScored) this season, as well as goals obviously, the former Anderlecht ace is once again becoming the focal point from which Fulham's promotion hopes are built around. Clearly an effective outlet at this level in particular, the Serbian looks perfect for that role, given his track record.

Handed a new deal this summer – reportedly making him the highest-paid player in the Championship (per 90 min) – spearheading another successful promotion would make the major outlay in terms of transfer fee and wages look rather worth it.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/flashback-fulhams-capture-of-aleksandar-mitrovic-perfect-for-championship-campaigns/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: View Of The Opposition - Sheffield Wednesday

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is an interview with Louis Shackshaft who is a Sheffield Wednesday supporter. During this show Louis talked about his thoughts on Garry Monk, along with the strengths and weaknesses of the team he supports. He also shared his view on Michael Hector which I know many Fulham supporters are going to want to hear. Lastly, he made a prediction for this match. This episode is our preview for the upcoming match.

Lastly, you can listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/9/19/20874746/cottage-talk-view-of-the-opposition-sheffield-wednesday

WhiteJC

Southampton's Harrison Reed enjoying life in the Championship

This article is part of Football FanCast's Loan Watch series, which takes a closer look at those players who are aiming to galvanise their careers away from the spotlight of their parent club.

Southampton's Harrison Reed may just confirmed his level while out on loan with Fulham, following a string of impressive performances.

How has he fared?

Well, the 24-year-old started his loan spell at Craven Cottage with two substitute appearances, playing a total of 17 minutes across the two fixtures.

However, he did manage to start the next two games against Cardiff and West Brom. In the latter game, Reed – who has scored nine goals throughout his career – impressively picked up the Man of the Match award for his performance against the Baggies, earning a 7.51 rating on WhoScored.

A Championship player

Reed has also spent time on loan with Norwich City in the Championship – registering four assists and scoring one goal in 43 appearances.

To further reinforce the fact that the Saints academy graduate enjoys life in the Championship, he also enjoyed an excellent campaign on loan at Blackburn Rovers, where he picked up the Best Newcomer award at Ewood Park.

Reed has made 30 appearances for Southampton but has never managed to nail down a place under several managers at St Mary's, which suggests that he simply isn't cut out for Premier League football.

Contrastingly, having impressed at every Championship side he's been at, it's safe to say that he is a quality performer in the second tier.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/southampton/southamptons-harrison-reed-enjoying-life-in-the-championship