more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR dreadful commentary all round on sky

Started by bobbo, September 22, 2019, 03:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Just watched West Ham v Utd

All saying how poor Utd were and making suggestions on what they should do.

Absolutely no praise for West Ham at all .

They are so NOT impartial.

I'm no West Ham fan but they done well and I'm glad they beat em.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cookieg

I'm sure they would like a league of the "big" teams and the rest can go to hell. And then a European league....

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I noticed that, an absolute joke and an insult to West Ham. But we know Sky have no idea how to be impartial. They had an ex Man U player commentating. Another ex Man U player in the studio, and an ex Man U manager in the studio. West Ham did not have one representative amongst all those hangers on, but Man U had no less than 3 of these Herbert's, but West Ham Won 2 0 and hardly got a mention. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

The mood on Sky has just dropped as 10 man Arsenal equalise against Villa.  Embarrassing.

Wingnut

Quote from: SP on September 22, 2019, 06:12:38 PM
The mood on Sky has just dropped as 10 man Arsenal equalise against Villa.  Embarrassing.

If only Arsenal could bring some of their home form on the road. The bias on Sky in favour of Man United & Liverpool is getting ridiculous. Man City, Spurs and Arsenal can't get a decent look in anymore, let alone the rest of the league. The commentary on the West Ham game was an insult to West Ham, given how well they played.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fernhurst

10 man Arse beat full strength Villa 3-2-------- 4 points so far Villa..... can't hear the fans singing.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FFC1987

I'll give MoTD its due, when Norwich beat City, much more of the emphasis was on Norwich doing well than City not doing what they should but yeh, I hate it when the smaller club doesn't get the credit it deserves.

mtmakl

You guys think this is bad, here in NZ sky put on an EFL show with live broadcasts of selected matches.  Over the last 3 weeks we have had to endure 3 Cardiff games and 2 Derby games.
Ok one of the Cardiff games was against us but really e in a row... such dire sh*the from them.  And DC no better.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bog

It is very annoying but the bottom line is that United are s****. That what I enjoy.

092.gif

Logicalman

Same here Stateside, NBC care about Liverpool, Spuds, Utd and Citeh, in that order, and there are no other teams that are worthy of any positive mentions.
Seeing Spuds get beat is always the highlight of my week, there's not enough crow for the so-called 'commentators' to eat, and it's a beautiful thing. As someone mentioned, the 'experts' they have co-commentating are always from one of the teams mentioned above, even if their team are not actually playing the match, and as for the actual commentators themselves, if they're not being paid by those clubs directly, then they are fools to themselves.

All this is unlike when we watch Fulham of course, but then again, Jim & Jamie have never quite presented themselves as neutral, or anywhere like it, so obviously, it's accepted, as it should be.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Bill2

While I am not condoning it remember Sky et Al are looking at a global audience so they go for the big clubs. Just look at how many football shirts worn by locals when you travel. Have yet to see a Fulham shirt

Andy S

It's good to hear the Man U supporters crying on the radio. Are teams supposed to rollover and die that easily?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bill2 on September 23, 2019, 12:19:49 PM
While I am not condoning it remember Sky et Al are looking at a global audience so they go for the big clubs. Just look at how many football shirts worn by locals when you travel. Have yet to see a Fulham shirt

No Fulham Shirts you say !! Hmmm Which shows how Sky Sports have failed to educate these poor unfortunate people who are no wiser
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Bill2 on September 23, 2019, 12:19:49 PM

I agree with what you say, though providing obvious bias in commentating should not impact the audience size, merely showing the game impacts that I would suggest.
Bowing to such clubs in the way they do, however, demeans the 'lesser' clubs to where there might be little chance of a neutral actually becoming a fan of the other club as opposed to the big 4 clubs duly favoured.

If Sky, et al. actually believed that just the big four clubs truly accounted for their audience, then I would have thought they might have sub-packaged their franchise further to provide club-based subscription services, at a cheaper rate than what viewers pay to what games from the whole package, or is this purely governed by the package purchase agreement with the EPL/FA?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.