more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone else got the feeling

Started by The Old Count, September 21, 2019, 09:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on September 23, 2019, 08:23:25 AM
QPR almost sold their squad and bought a new one - they're not finding it hard to integrate all the new players ...

Or it is still just a sample of 8 games? For QPR as well.

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on September 23, 2019, 08:40:44 AM
There is almost always something wrong with everything and anything.  It is tough to keep groups of human beings measured in thousands all contented and happy at the best of times, but it is exceptional, I do admit, to hear and read about such anxiety, nervousness and disappointment when a team has played eight games, won three, drawn three, and lost two.  I find the doom and gloom from people in the face of that sort of record to be the presence of the closed mind with an agenda that isn't healthy.  Perhaps it is a legacy of last season's failures, or just a failure to appreciate the hard work that goes into building a league thrashing team, and how you cannot achieve it overnight or with ease.  Perhaps these people need to stop their obese diet of statistics based analysis and actually watch games and the details therein for a change.  The fine detail of games changes minds open to them, but can do nothing when faced with a closed mind.

:plus one:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 23, 2019, 08:39:39 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 23, 2019, 08:26:26 AM
QPR almost sold their squad and bought a new one - they're not finding it hard to integrate all the new players ...

I don't know. Why are they better at integrating all the new players?

Maybe Spirit 2000 is saying that some on here have been constantly going on about players signed and coming back from loans taking time to gel,and using it as an excuse.
QPR signed 15 and Forest 10, it hasn't stopped
them performing better than last season.

If you want to blame someone, then go ahead. But unless blaming someone helps find a solution, then it is useless. Excuses say "i messed up and will try again".

We either "accept the excuses" or "sack the manager"? If the later was a good strategy, then we wouldn't have been relegated.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 23, 2019, 08:53:45 AM

Maybe Spirit 2000 is saying that some on here have been constantly going on about players signed and coming back from loans taking time to gel,and using it as an excuse.

If you want to blame someone, then go ahead. But unless blaming someone helps find a solution, then it is useless. Excuses say "i messed up and will try again".

We either "accept the excuses" or "sack the manager"? If the later was a good strategy, then we wouldn't have been relegated.

What are you going on about?..lol

Sting of the North

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Life isn't binary.

Bassey the warrior

I don't think we're doing to badly considering we've got a number of new players in. We need to score more goals, so we need to work hard on the training ground to find a way of doing so.

Woolly Mammoth

Hopefully this week the manager and team will be working hard to find a solution as Slavisa use to say, and Wigan will feel the backlash.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 23, 2019, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 23, 2019, 09:27:18 AM

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Life isn't binary.

Life isn't binary, but decisions often are binary. If someone offers an excuse, then you have a binary decision either accept it or reject it.

No, you can chose to elaborate on it, or discuss it and maybe put it more into context. Because we do not have to make final decisions on each aspect of an argument. Someone may think we have been a little unlucky, others that we've been a lot unlucky and yet again some that we haven't been unlucky at all. Someone may then offer the view that luck is something you make by yourself, and as such is irrelevant to the discussion. And so forth. You can accept that some "excuses" are semi-valid without thinking that it sufficiently excuses the result, for example.

There isn't always just a yes or no side (I mean, for some it seemingly is for some reason, but that's beside my point).

KJS

Quote from: The Old Count on September 21, 2019, 09:04:23 PM
that something is not right?

The players are really good but they seem like the wrong players. The manager has promise but seems not to be fulfilling that promise. The upper management seem to have the club's best interests at heart but seem to be not up to the job.
Surely we should be doing better than 12th. Surely QPR, with their current situation, can't be doing better than us. Surely, with our resources, we should be doing better than Preston and Charlton.
Or has 57 years of supporting Fulham finally driven me round the bend?

Nothing wrong just impatient fans expecting us to win every game in a stroll when they really should know that in this league it doesn't happen like that and its where you are in May not September that matters.

Beamer

Our next 6 games will even out the number of 'better' (in terms of the table) and poorer (ditto) sides we have met. We might be able to draw some more balanced conclusions after those. Plus the team will have a decent number of games together as a unit.
I'm prepared to wait and see.