News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Grenada top of the league.

Started by bog, September 22, 2019, 10:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Granada supporters must be basking in the sun at the moment. A 2-0 home win over Barcelona puts the club top of the league.  :54: This may only last a week but another Leicester miracle in the making?   To see A Madrid, R Madrid and Barca dominate the title race neutral fans must dream of Granada success.

092.gif 

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing like a David and Goliath story, I shall follow Granada's results to see if they can hold on to top spot. Or finish higher than any of the more fancied clubs, good luck to them.
Also didn't somebody sing a song about them many years ago.
I also liked the Granada at the top of East Hill, Clapham Junction on Sunday Evenings, back in the days when you could drag a woman by her hair back to your cave with one hand, and carrying a wooden club in the other hand. How times have changed for the worst, when was the last time you spotted a Sabre Tooth Tiger in and around Stringfellows Gentlemen's Club in Covent Garden.
Granada's next Fixture is away to Real Valladolid on September 24th.
They were also founded as late as 1931, and their colours I believe are red and white. I think they have Real Madrid coming up in the next month, another big scalp to hang on the dressing room peg.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2019, 10:54:09 AM
Nothing like a David and Goliath story, I shall follow Granada's results to see if they can hold on to top spot. Or finish higher than any of the more fancied clubs, good luck to them.
I also liked the Granada at the top of East Hill, Clapham Junction on Sunday Evenings, back in the days when you could drag a woman by her hair back to your cave with one hand, and carrying a wooden club in the other hand. How times have changed for the worst, when was the last time you spotted a Sabre Tooth Tiger in and around Stringfellows Gentlemen's Club in Covent Garden.

I saw the Rolling Stones in the Greenford one. Saw but did not hear.

092.gif

Sgt Fulham

Unfortunately whatever the result of the Sevilla vs. Real Madrid game later, they will no longer be top.

A hell of a long way to go but I'm all for a La Liga Leicester.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on September 22, 2019, 11:04:29 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2019, 10:54:09 AM

I saw the Rolling Stones in the Greenford one. Saw but did not hear.

092.gif

Yes I had the same problem with hearing them when I went to see them at the Wimbledon Palais, and the Crawdaddy club at Richmond.
Yes the Rolling Stones they haven't gathered any moss either I am pleased to say.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.