watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WE All Expected Better

Started by filham, September 21, 2019, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Let us not start having thoughts of a new manager to bring in a complete new style of play, we saw how disasterous that was last season.
Scott Parker needs to talk to his players and assistants and agree on a slight adjustment to the method of play.

The Rational Fan

094.gifOur problem since the playoff wins is too many changes, we buy great players, they play poorly first few games, we label these players as rubbish and then we are buying great players again. We have the best squad of players in the league, but it will take them 8 months before they are really cohesive. We should have kept Anguissa and Seri rather than replacing them with equal good players, but also no better.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 22, 2019, 12:15:38 AM
094.gifOur problem since the playoff wins is too many changes, we buy great players, they play poorly first few games, we label these players as rubbish and then we are buying great players again. We have the best squad of players in the league, but it will take them 8 months before they are really cohesive. We should have kept Anguissa and Seri rather than replacing them with equal good players, but also no better.

Seri was a disgrace and should be nowhere near this club

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 22, 2019, 12:15:38 AM

Seri and Anguissa had their opportunity and never punched their weight. Poor attitude and even poorer commitment showed what they weren't made of.
I never want to see them in a Fulham shirt again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 21, 2019, 06:13:16 PM
I didn't expect better and think we have started well.  I am more frustrated today with another last minute goal but up to then we played a good away game. We frustrated them, got a goal and had to withstand one of the best high ball games in the Championship and did well for most of the game. Betts did well and the defense was ok. We tried to mix it up with ten minutes to go and frankly it looked to be working. So I think it is a gross over simplification and exaggeration to say we all expected better. What right did any fan think that. The hardest league in the Country to get out off other than staying up in the Prem.

Sorry I am totally bemused by these overreactions every blimmin game.  Yes today was frustrating at the end. But good grief who in their right mind thought we would do any better?

0001.jpeg

hovewhite

I didn't expect better and think we have started well.  I am more frustrated today with another last minute goal but up to then we played a good away game. We frustrated them, got a goal and had to withstand one of the best high ball games in the Championship and did well for most of the game. Betts did well and the defense was ok. We tried to mix it up with ten minutes to go and frankly it looked to be working. So I think it is a gross over simplification and exaggeration to say we all expected better. What right did any fan think that. The hardest league in the Country to get out off other than staying up in the Prem.

Sorry I am totally bemused by these overreactions every blimmin game.  Yes today was frustrating at the end. But good grief who in their right mind thought we would do any better?
patience were not even a third in and 2pionts off the playoffs

Classic94

We're chronically underperforming with the players at our disposal. Fact. The next 6 games will define Parker's future.

toshes mate

Quote from: Classic94 on September 22, 2019, 09:03:19 AM
We're chronically underperforming with the players at our disposal. Fact. The next 6 games will define Parker's future.
How do you conceive that this team is 'under performing' at all when it has never appeared at any level of football before?  As supporters we have expectations at every game and we mostly want to win them all, and why not?  But reality is that opponents and their supporters have like expectations and so the word is reduced to a meaningless vacuum.  Parker has promotion as his target for the season, and it is unequivocal.  He has thirty eight more games to achieve it.   Time for us to get behind the team and our coaching regime and say 'we like some of the things we are seeing but we need to score goals and be more ruthless about doing so' and they'll agree with us.

grandad

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

Classic94

Quote from: toshes mate on September 22, 2019, 09:23:03 AM
Quote from: Classic94 on September 22, 2019, 09:03:19 AM
How do you conceive that this team is 'under performing' at all when it has never appeared at any level of football before?  As supporters we have expectations at every game and we mostly want to win them all, and why not?  But reality is that opponents and their supporters have like expectations and so the word is reduced to a meaningless vacuum.  Parker has promotion as his target for the season, and it is unequivocal.  He has thirty eight more games to achieve it.   Time for us to get behind the team and our coaching regime and say 'we like some of the things we are seeing but we need to score goals and be more ruthless about doing so' and they'll agree with us.

We have four of the best attacking talents in the division and currently sit 11th, struggling to muster more than a single goal p/game despite achieving 70% possession most weeks. Yes, we're underperforming. The owners are targeting automatic promotion; TK said as much during pre-season. If our form doesn't markedly improve, he'll be under huge pressure - and rightly so. I for one hope he can get us back on track.

colinwhite

Agree Lighthouse. To start drawing conclusions from numbers after 8 games doesnt say much. The most important thing for me is how we are playing , which there is alot of potential in. The people that are bored with that are never happy anyway  lets face it.

filham

Mitro, Cavaliero, Knockheart, Kamara and Cairney have scored but 4 goals in the last four games. We really expected better from them, surely warning lights are flashing to indicate that teams have sussed out our attacking methods.

FFC1987

I agree with the poster, the next 6 fixtures will decide Parkers fate really. I've been negative since yesterday, it was another draw that felt like defeat and seeing us 12th in the table is embarrassing. But, next 6 games and we close the gap then no harm done but to put it bluntly, im sceptical of 6 wins which is what I feel we need to get back in line after some results already. Disagree with that, fine, but the more we drop points, the bigger the gap becomes and the more we need to pick up points in games we'd normally settle for a draw in.