watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Calum Chambers

Started by MikeW, September 24, 2019, 09:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Seems to have established himself as a regular starter at Arsenal - pleased for him.  Wish we'd signed him but he is proving himself at the higher level.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

The Rational Fan

Fabri's doing well too, he managed to get a yellow card in Liga A and he hasnt even played yet. It's seems something occurred that made the referee gave two yellows to the other team players and then one to Fabri on the bench.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 25, 2019, 12:26:41 AM
Fabri's doing well too, he managed to get a yellow card in Liga A and he hasnt even played yet. It's seems something occurred that made the referee gave two yellows to the other team players and then one to Fabri on the bench.

Haha, you couldn't make it up.  But seriously, Fabri doesn't seem to start his time at a new club very well does he.  Nerves perhaps?

bog

Calum was very good for us. A masterstroke to move him into midfield by Slav.

092.gif

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bog on September 25, 2019, 08:51:26 AM

092.gif

Hardly a masterstroke, Chambers had played DM as a youth, in the PL at Southampton and in PL at Arsenal under Wenger; plus we were hopeless against Huddersfield sp we weren't getting any points at Liverrpool away.

filham

Chambers did so well for us last season and displayed a good workmanlike attitude.
There was no chance of us signing him as he made it clear that his target for this season was to establish a place in the Arsenal team, looks as though he may be hitting that target.

I Ronic

092.gif

I thought I read here that SP had suggested to Slav that Chambers could play there too.

Statto

Quote from: I Ronic on September 25, 2019, 01:20:09 PM

092.gif

I thought I read here that SP had suggested to Slav that Chambers could play there too.

No, SP suggested it to Ranieri (after Slav had already done it)
One or two posters on here misunderstood that and ever since, there's been this persistent misbelief that it was SP's idea.

toshes mate

Quote from: I Ronic on September 25, 2019, 01:20:09 PM
The history re-writers, aka CR and TK, spun that particular yarn around when attempting to expunge SJ from the history books to save their own sorry asses.

bog

Slav put Calum there up at Liverpool. He took to the job straight away. Pity we had not bought him instead of two other waste of shirts.

092.gif 

MickyAdamsFamily

Shame we didn't buy him?  Arsenal were not selling him!

bog

west kowloon white

Amazed by the inside knowledge of a few.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 25, 2019, 11:20:57 AM

092.gif

Hardly a masterstroke, Chambers had played DM as a youth, in the PL at Southampton and in PL at Arsenal under Wenger; plus we were hopeless against Huddersfield sp we weren't getting any points at Liverrpool away.
Well said TRF.
All too often poster's lavish praise on a Manager or Coach for doing the obvious or repeating the way a player has been used previously.

Beamer

Not sure about establishing himself as he doesn't appear to have started any Premier League games for them this seasons. Couple of sub appearances 1 caused by a red card, the other by an injury. not knocking anyone, just saying.

toshes mate