watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 03/10/19...

Started by WhiteJC, September 28, 2019, 09:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

'It's not a worry for me' – Fulham fan pundit offers verdict after recent transfer is confirmed

This article is part of Football League World's 'Regular Punter' series, where we gather original opinions from select, passionate fans of the clubs concerned on matters surrounding their team and share them with a wider audience...

Football League World's Fulham fan pundit David Gadd says he is not concerned at all by the recent departure of young defender Riley Warland.

The club confirmed the news on Monday with Warland leaving Craven Cottage to join Australian side Perth Glory and Gadd believes that it was the right decision by player and club.

"It's not a worry for me because I feel we have other young centre-backs that can fill the void that he's left," the regular punter told Football League World.

"Also we have enough depth within the first team to have no concerns there either.

"I think for a young player it is very hard to make it as a professional footballer, even at a club like Fulham who like to bring younger players through.

"You don't see many that make it all the way, so I think the move for him is a good one where he can get regular games and continue his development."

The 17-year-old rose through the ranks in South West London but never came close to breaking into the first-team, with nine under-18 caps the best he could manage.

However, with the likes of Tim Ream, Maxime Le Marchand and Alfie Mawson holding down the first-team spots, and the likes of Moritz Jenz and Ben Tricker exciting many in the reserves, it was always going to be tough for him.

January will also see proven Championship colossus Michael Hector arrive at the club on a permanent deal, a move that will likely see one of Ream or Mawson drop out of the current starting XI.

Fulham picked up an impressive three points on Tuesday night when they comfortably beat Reading 4-1 at the Madejski Stadium.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/its-not-a-worry-for-me-fulham-fan-pundit-offers-verdict-after-recent-transfer-is-confirmed/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney issues fresh update following Fulham's victory over Reading

Fulham captain Tom Cairney was back among the goals on Tuesday night as he netted twice to help his side cruise to a 4-1 victory over struggling Reading.

Cairney opened the scoring for Scott Parker's side and then netted his other strike in the second half after Aleksandar Mitrovic had bagged a brace to already put the game beyond Jose Gomes' 10-man Reading side.

The midfielder has now scored four goals in his last three matches to help the West London maintain a five-game unbeaten run which has seen them rise to fifth in the Championship table.

Fulham took the lead at the Madejski Stadium when Cairney curled the ball beyond Reading goalkeeper Rafael Cabral and into the top corner, while his second effort saw him lob the ball over the goalkeeper from range after a defensive mix-up.

The 28-year-old has now taken to Instagram following the Cottagers' resounding victory:

Cairney posted a selection of photos from the victory while he captioned the update using two emojis featuring a bin and chips to mark each of his strikes against the Royals.

Tuesday's goals mean Cairney has now scored 33 goals from 173 appearances in Fulham's midfield since joining the club from Blackburn in the summer of 2015.

The Verdict

Cairney's form so far this campaign has reflected why it was so important for Fulham to keep hold of him for the season ahead, as he looks set to again form a pivotal part of his side's promotion attempt this season.

His ability to consistently score goals from long range means he has the ability to turn a game on its head, particularly if its not going in Fulham's favour and his side are in need of some magic.

The midfielder possesses this quality in abundance and he once again proved it on Tuesday night with his two long-range efforts that many players would not even have attempted.

Fulham's recent form has proven that they are now very much re-adapting to life in the Championship following relegation, and Cairney will again be vital if his side is to maintain this form against Charlton on the weekend.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tom-cairney-issues-fresh-update-following-fulhams-victory-over-reading/