watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just not good enough...

Started by howitis, September 27, 2019, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Had we won 8-0 then we would still have fans saying 'Well it was only Wigan, we should have won by more' Today Charlton beat Leeds. A look at the teams at the top give the lie to the fact we haven't played anyone decent yet.

When did Football and supporting a club have to be such hard work and depressing?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

That seems to be the modern way I'm afraid.  We were at a party recently when free drinks were provided, someone still found something to moan about.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 28, 2019, 05:12:37 PM
Had we won 8-0 then we would still have fans saying 'Well it was only Wigan, we should have won by more' Today Charlton beat Leeds. A look at the teams at the top give the lie to the fact we haven't played anyone decent yet.

When did Football and supporting a club have to be such hard work and depressing?

That's what I'm trying to figure out.     082.gif

grandad

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 28, 2019, 05:43:20 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 28, 2019, 05:12:37 PM

That's what I'm trying to figure out.     082.gif
I am far from depressed. When you have supported since 1954 as I have you will know what depression really is.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Carborundum on September 28, 2019, 04:33:07 PM
Not for the first time, I find myself in agreement with Statto.

On Sessegnon, he was visibly more relaxed yesterday than I have seen him before and that's crucial for any footballer.  We don't know how good he's going to be, but we find that out when he's acclimated to first team football, which only comes through playing.  In the second half he hit a purple patch where he read everything, cut everything out and played right back about as well as it can be played defensively speaking.  If readers can recall our first game back on the premier league, that day a young lad called Wan-Bissaka did something very similar and MOTD raved about him.  There will be some more goof ups along the way, just as his brother missed some chances.  Like him, we can truly say he's one of our own.  Sing it even.
:plus one: I thought Sessegnon had a very good game, especially in the 2nd half when Wigan started to play.  On several occasions, had they got past him they'd have been in the clear and he made good tackles and interceptions to stifle the danger.

On the overall game, as others said, Wigan were awkward (and horrible to watch certrainly for for the first 45).  Although Mitro sometimes seemed a bit out of sorts and frustrated, he could easily have got a hat-trick - in the first half first from a delightful dink by StefJo which Mitro got his foot to but the ball then went straight to the keeper (who had a good game), then similarly a great ball in from Knockhaert.   Mitro also had a nearly header in the 2nd half.  If any of those had gone in we would have looked far more comfortable.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Matt10

Mitro also had plenty of chances and did not convert. Nothing to do with how we're playing him. StefJo alone made our creativity tick. People do not appreciate all he does, but it's so subtle that you'll miss if you aren't paying attention.

How anyone can be upset about that performance is beyond me. Someone said it perfectly in the thread. We are wrongly self entitled for some odd reason. You do know you are supporting Fulham right? Your expectations are when we're up, best to be down, and when we're down, best to be further down.

The Law

The original poster is a wind up artist. Here in the states we would call him a jack off.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Chesh on September 28, 2019, 09:31:15 AM

Why do some of our fans have such a sense of false self entitlement.

There are no easy games, yet last night was an indication that our new young manager has clearly learnt from the early part of the season.

Last night was definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction.

I also get amazed the level of false self entitlement fans have, if you listen to Manchester United fans and ex-players, they are unbelievably entitled. I keep hearing that Manchester United must buy new players to win the league. I cannot see any good reason for the Glazers to buy new players, the best way to make lots of profit is not to spend too much.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Law on September 29, 2019, 06:40:25 AM
The original poster is a wind up artist. Here in the states we would call him a jack off.

In England within the sound of Bow Bells we call him a Brown Jug.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.