News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a difference it makes when we look to get crosses in the box!

Started by Worcesterwhite, October 02, 2019, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

We look so much more a threat when we look to get crosses in the box, something that seems to have changed over the last two games.

Spirit of 2000

bang on - 2 goals directly from crosses, another from a cutback (TC's first from Stef Jo) - That 3rd goal apart from one lucky diversion in the build up was fantastic football - quick incisive passing & Bryan was excellent with his run & cross.

bill taylors apprentice

Its a simple game really, get the ball into the danger area and get bodies in and around the box!

That doesn't mean route one football either, keep the ball, caress it, love it but endeavour to have a positive outcome at the end of the possession.

Lighthouse

Also important to look at the crosses. They are not blind punts across the box. But the goals come from sometimes second phase passes, or carefully driven low passes at speed. That seems to have been a change in the last few games.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

I hesitate to say this, but I would say the coaching has been to get the players comfortable with so much possession, then to speed it up. It was quicker against Wigan, and quicker again last night.

I thought we were wasteful in front of goal yesterday, but the delivery was much better and the movement fantastic.

ScalleysDad

Could it be as simple as time together, time on the training ground and time to settle down. I was amazed to see the critiscm on here after about game number four but if the progress continues at the current pace I think Parker will prove his worth.

filham

I have been moaning for a long time about the dilly dallying on the wings, so pleasedto see quicker crosses from the wide areas, with Mitro in the box it has to be the right tactic.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on October 02, 2019, 11:32:48 AM
I have been moaning for a long time about the dilly dallying on the wings, so pleasedto see quicker crosses from the wide areas, with Mitro in the box it has to be the right tactic.

Great team talk springs to mind. "Alfie and Reamers. Hold the line with Jo and Sess. Tom. Stay alert and keep the ball moving. Alex. Work the defenders and create some space. Cav and Tony. Dilly dally on the wings"