watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tinker man got it wrong

Started by fulhamben, October 05, 2019, 02:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Great game, great come back, should have gone on to win, cant help feeling that parker making changes to the team that just won 4 1 in the last game, was one of the reasons we were so poor in the first half. Thought cav was sublime in the second, looks so much better when he doesmt just cut in all the time, and what a goal. Gutted not to have gone top even for just an hour. Oh well on to the next game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

I don't think it was the changes to the team as much as that Charlton were set up to counter the way Parker wants to play and did it well.

The change in formation was key to the second half.

andyk

Yep, one of the lessons of management is that, sometimes, you don;t need to do too much.
That performance in midweek was described as "perfiect" by Scott Parker.  So why make the changes. He's thinking too much about it.
If the team that started the second half had started the match, we would have won comfortably.

Moltobueno

so the op says we shouldnt have made changes yet praises the guy who was brought in (as one of the change compared to midweek)  1500.gif

ScalleysDad

Massive learning curve and lessons are clearly being learned. Changed tactics and formation, pressed hard for a winner and came back twice against a team even surprising themselves at the moment. A slightly higher cross bar and a one armed Keeper and we would have won, unfairly mind.

snarks

People were saying Sess for Denis, he did that. The great thing was the clear change of tactics at half time, realised a back 3 was better and looked better going forward too. It took 2 fantastic saves to deny Bobby Reid

Logicalman

Sorry, disagree with the Op, Reading are no Charlton by any stretch of the imagination, home and even less away.

Scotty made the changes he needed to, Charlton set themselves up the same as Forest did for the visit to the Cottage, by pushing us and giving us less time on the ball, and it almost worked.

We were unlucky in the second 45 not to seal the three points, any other day and those woodworks would have hit the back of the net.

I'm beginning to trust Scotty's judgement more and more as each game passes, though everyone is welcome to have, and express, their honest opinions.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Slaphead in Qatar

Manager is learning. And today to his credit he switched it half time and we were much better in second half

Fulham1959

Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2019, 02:33:01 PM
Great game, great come back, should have gone on to win, cant help feeling that parker making changes to the team that just won 4 1 in the last game, was one of the reasons we were so poor in the first half. Thought cav was sublime in the second, looks so much better when he doesmt just cut in all the time, and what a goal. Gutted not to have gone top even for just an hour. Oh well on to the next game

Armchair quarterback / coach.

Tabby

Might also add that the performance in the first half is why I'm on the fence about Parker tactically. They managed to take Cairney entirely out of the game and won the battle in the midfield.

The second half changes are to his credit though.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 05, 2019, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2019, 02:33:01 PM

Armchair quarterback / coach.
well that's dumb as I have a season ticket but couldn't make the changed time

fulhamben

Quote from: Moltobueno on October 05, 2019, 02:43:49 PM
so the op says we shouldnt have made changes yet praises the guy who was brought in (as one of the change compared to midweek)  1500.gif
try reading it, I said he had a good second half, not first half

Woolly Mammoth

A tale of two halves, but very entertaining and worth the admission fee. Could have and should have won it in the end. However, Charlton came out the blocks at a rate of knots, as they generally do.
Nevertheless, our 2nd half performance was so much better, and the half time changes made a massive difference and improvement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Disappointed just for a few minutes after the game but looking at it with the bigger picture, I am very happy that the performance is still on track for something special in the future.

Statto

I agree, that's twice in a row now that he's made 3 changes after a win. Bit odd IMO

Lighthouse

Tinker man got it right in the second half is my understanding of what happened. Overall we can always find players and coaches mistakes but on the whole we are doing alright. The fact that we are not hitting the highs but still amongst the all be it large pack at the top. Is ok.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitestone

I have no problem with squad rotation, particularly with the players available. But we do have an obvious weakness at right back. Not sure that SP has worked out who is best. Think we should strengthen in January if possible.
Decent game overall. Disappointing first half from us. More than made up for it in the second. Thought Charlton were  lucky to get a draw in the end. Their keeper kept them in it.

Bill2

Quote from: Tabby on October 05, 2019, 03:00:32 PM
Might also add that the performance in the first half is why I'm on the fence about Parker tactically. They managed to take Cairney entirely out of the game and won the battle in the midfield.

The second half changes are to his credit though.
Charlton told Darren Pratley to follow Cairney everywhere and disrupt his work. In the second half he couldn't maintain it allowing Tom to play his normal game
Class showed on the second half.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 05, 2019, 03:34:55 PM
Tinker man got it right in the second half is my understanding of what happened. Overall we can always find players and coaches mistakes but on the whole we are doing alright. The fact that we are not hitting the highs but still amongst the all be it large pack at the top. Is ok.

Quite right Beamer, we have a long, long road to travel.
Our manager is brand new, fresh out of the box. Think he is doing more than ok and learning all the time.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ALG01

Usually it is an errorto change a team tgat did so well in the last game and parker got that wrong. Sess was clearly in need of a few games break and bringing him back was just plain wrong.
However half time changes today were top class and did the trick although arter was clearly injured...
PRarker is learning but in theend we were massively unlucky not to win today so six are the games undeafeted...