watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tinker man got it wrong

Started by fulhamben, October 05, 2019, 02:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Give credit to Parker for the half time changes , they worked and we were unlucky not to win.

Mince n Tatties

Should have won it second half,just unlucky their goalie made 2 great ones,on another day they would have beaten him.
Credit to Charlton, they aren't a bad side,well drilled and they've beaten Leeds as well.

Matt10

Yeah, he got the part wrong where we were 11v11 in this match...but...you know...context and all that.

Fulham1959

Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2019, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 05, 2019, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2019, 02:33:01 PM
Great game, great come back, should have gone on to win, cant help feeling that parker making changes to the team that just won 4 1 in the last game, was one of the reasons we were so poor in the first half. Thought cav was sublime in the second, looks so much better when he doesmt just cut in all the time, and what a goal. Gutted not to have gone top even for just an hour. Oh well on to the next game

Armchair quarterback / coach.
well that's dumb as I have a season ticket but couldn't make the changed time

A seat in the stand is still an 'armchair' and that was my point - that you're a better tactician than Scott Parker, despite his years in top-class football.

Tabby

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 05, 2019, 07:09:31 PM

A seat in the stand is still an 'armchair' and that was my point - that you're a better tactician than Scott Parker, despite his years in top-class football.

By this logic we shouldn't have fired Magath. He had plenty of experience in top-class football after all, far more than Scott Parker.

jeremyfulham

Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2019, 03:28:46 PM
I agree, that's twice in a row now that he's made 3 changes after a win. Bit odd IMO
What were the 3 changes ?

jeremyfulham

Could it perhaps be that SP and his coaching staff know more about players knocks/fitness than we do ? Have you considered he has good reasons for changes , I for 1 do not think for a momwent he makes changes to a winning team for the sake of it .

Fulham1959

Quote from: Tabby on October 05, 2019, 07:19:53 PM

By this logic we shouldn't have fired Magath. He had plenty of experience in top-class football after all, far more than Scott Parker.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he gain only 1 point after 7 games (Championship) ?  We currently have 19 points after 11 games.

Tabby

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 05, 2019, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: Tabby on October 05, 2019, 07:19:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he gain only 1 point after 7 games (Championship) ?  We currently have 19 points after 11 games.

So does prior experience matter or not? Magath has won several titles, Parker has coached Tottenham u18. Or are you just not allowed to think critically unless you allow it?

Parker has led us to the lofty heights of 7th in the Championship with what most neutral observers consider the best squad so he is untouchable I guess.

colinwhite

Ben ,ok you dont  like SP , but he is doing an excellent job I would suggest.

toshes mate

I think the original team selection was not he best Parker could choose.  Reed should have started, IMO, because Cairney plays better with him for one thing and S Sessegnon plays better with him for another.    But after a very flat first half it was pleasing to see a response from the 'new' eleven players for the next forty five. perhaps marred by the couple of goals conceded since both could have been avoided by sharper midfield and defensive nous.  At the other end we were perhaps a little unfortunate not to score on a couple of occasion and the referee certainly did us no favours on the wrestling in the penalty area front - I counted four very obvious penalties that should have been given and yet the referee was only inclined to pull up Mitro for his troubles when he tried fighting back.

Parker is, as I said before the Reading game, on a very steep learning curve, and that may continue for a while yet.  Thought Johansen and Bryan had excellent games.   

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on October 05, 2019, 08:18:13 PM
my criticism in this thread was based on his team selection, not the man. And no, I wouldnt call 7th with the squad we have as an excellent job. We are lucky that no one is really pulling away as we have already dropped points in 6 put of 11 games
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2019, 08:39:08 PM
my criticism in this thread was based on his team selection, not the man. And no, I wouldnt call 7th with the squad we have as an excellent job. We are lucky that no one is really pulling away as we have already dropped points in 6 put of 11 games

I know fans will rightly or wrongly feel the need to pick out Parker. But before the first kick of the season was made. I heard many fans complain that our defence was awful, our keeper should be improved and we had an iffy midfield. Suddenly a few fans are now saying we should be walking away with the league with this wonderful squad. That is always going to be the problem. Some fans think we a have a great squad while others believe our owner and his son are awful for allowing such a poor squad to start the season. Funny old game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 05, 2019, 10:02:55 PM

I know fans will rightly or wrongly feel the need to pick out Parker. But before the first kick of the season was made. I heard many fans complain that our defence was awful, our keeper should be improved and we had an iffy midfield. Suddenly a few fans are now saying we should be walking away with the league with this wonderful squad. That is always going to be the problem. Some fans think we a have a great squad while others believe our owner and his son are awful for allowing such a poor squad to start the season. Funny old game.
who honestly thinks we have a poor squad

Statto

But realistically even the team that wins the league is going to drop points in 4 if not 5 out of every 11 games. We're 3 pts from where we should be, ie the Barnsley game, that's all

Statto

Quote from: jeremyfulham on October 05, 2019, 07:25:25 PM
I agree, that's twice in a row now that he's made 3 changes after a win. Bit odd IMO
After Wigan he brought in Odoi, Arter and Reid for Sessegnon, Reed and Cavaleiro for Reading. Then for today he swapped back Sessegnon and Cavaleiro (OK so 2 this week not 3 but the point stands)

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2019, 01:10:38 AM

But realistically even the team that wins the league is going to drop points in 4 if not 5 out of every 11 games. We're 3 pts from where we should be, ie the Barnsley game, that's all
westbrom finished 4th last season with a 50% win ratio, haven't bothered to check any other seasons

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 06, 2019, 02:17:50 AM
Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2019, 01:10:38 AM

westbrom finished 4th last season with a 50% win ratio, haven't bothered to check any other seasons
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2019, 01:15:11 AM
Quote from: jeremyfulham on October 05, 2019, 07:25:25 PM
After Wigan he brought in Odoi, Arter and Reid for Sessegnon, Reed and Cavaleiro for Reading. Then for today he swapped back Sessegnon and Cavaleiro (OK so 2 this week not 3 but the point stands)
I thought Arter was the problem in the first half and I am still unconvinced by him as a player in this side (i.e. I don't doubt his playing ability as distinct from I do doubt the way he has performed).   I would have preferred Reed from the start.