Author Topic: Sky bias  (Read 2283 times)

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
Sky bias
« on: October 05, 2019, 02:42:06 PM »
Before the game, during half time & now after the game it is all about Charlton. Sick of it.

Offline Jimpav

• cebu
Re: Sky bias
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 02:43:09 PM »
Was just thinking the same. Can’t understand the Charlton love in for the life of me.

Offline Logicalman

• Global Moderator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 02:44:42 PM »
 Jim & Jamie mentioned it, that there were three punters up on the gantry, 2 ex Charlton players and 1 ex manager, no Fulham representation. Perhaps Sky have their favorites and we're not one of them.

Offline Slaphead in Qatar

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »
Yep - definitely bias. Not sure why they are giving scumbag Bowyer so much air time and praise. And now he just said charlton should have fouled cav to stop him scoring - he thinks his players are too innocent

Offline ffcne

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 02:46:54 PM »
Keith Andrews .Who is he?

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
They said they kept Mitro quiet. Having a laugh. He was so all over them the only way they could contain him was to grapple,hold & shirt pull him at every set piece. Mitro gave his all & is my MOTM.

Offline joef

• Youth Academy
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »
Just thinking the same thing, driving me mad, it was like the Charlton show with the pundits 🙄

Offline copthornemike

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 05:31:11 PM »
Makes me even more happy to have been at the match then!
Mind you it takes two teams to make a good competitive match so Charlton deserve some praise - first half particularly!

Offline TerryR

• Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »
Bein sports was all Fulham the 2 nd half

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 06:04:16 PM »
Jim & Jamie mentioned it, that there were three punters up on the gantry, 2 ex Charlton players and 1 ex manager, no Fulham representation. Perhaps Sky have their favorites and we're not one of them.
If we are not 1 of them why do they keep showing our matches, just to disrupt our fixture list?

Offline Plodder

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 08:21:14 PM »
Usually I don't care what commentators and "pundits" say, but I must agree that today the co-commentator (Keith Andrews?) annoyed me with excessively pro-Charlton comments, culminating in him saying that it would have been a "travesty" if Charlton had not got at least a draw.  A "travesty"?  They had slightly the better of the first half, we had much the better of the second half - Charlton defended with determination and we didn't get a third goal, so good luck to them, but it would hardly have been a "travesty" if we had won. It would have been a case of us taking one of our many chances, or one of the two shots which hit the bar going on - hardly against the run of play.

Offline Marinelloguthrie

• tjl
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »
Was about to put the 2nd halve on, but perhaps better of to have sound down then...

Offline Marinelloguthrie

• tjl
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »
Watched 2nd halve and talk after, totally agree all about Charlton nothing absolutely nothing about Fulham...

Offline SP

• cebu
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
I've never undertood why they allow Keith Andrew anywhere near a TV studio.

Offline The Rational Fan

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »
They said they kept Mitro quiet. Having a laugh. He was so all over them the only way they could contain him was to grapple,hold & shirt pull him at every set piece. Mitro gave his all & is my MOTM.

If they think Charlton defense kept Mitro quiet, then i am looking forward to how he goes with a defense that fails to keep him quiet.

Offline bog

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 09:21:20 AM »
Keith Andrews .Who is he?

Exactly, who is he?   

Offline Stoneleigh Loyalist

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 09:35:45 AM »
We have a Moneybags reputation in the Championship which encourages Sky to load the pundits panel and favour the financial underdogs.
I am surprised that no one ha picked up on the fact that they considered Mitro’s goal to be offside although I have not seen their video proof.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
Don't have it,they are ruining football.
There will come a time when there want be any
3pm Sat kick offs.
What next Thursday morning games at 9-30am.😵

Offline SP

• cebu
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »

If they think Charlton defense kept Mitro quiet, then i am looking forward to how he goes with a defense that fails to keep him quiet.

My favourite Mitro moment yesterday was when he flattened 2 of their defenders at a corner.

Offline res

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »
We have a Moneybags reputation in the Championship which encourages Sky to load the pundits panel and favour the financial underdogs.
I am surprised that no one ha picked up on the fact that they considered Mitro’s goal to be offside although I have not seen their video proof.

Mitro was off side in the build up but should have had a stone wall penalty in the first half. I try not to "buy" the bias line, but gave up with SKY pundits a couple of years ago as the bias was so unprofessional that it was a waste of time listening to it.