watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky bias

Started by grandad, October 05, 2019, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Before the game, during half time & now after the game it is all about Charlton. Sick of it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jimpav

Was just thinking the same. Can't understand the Charlton love in for the life of me.

Logicalman

Jim & Jamie mentioned it, that there were three punters up on the gantry, 2 ex Charlton players and 1 ex manager, no Fulham representation. Perhaps Sky have their favorites and we're not one of them.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Slaphead in Qatar

Yep - definitely bias. Not sure why they are giving scumbag Bowyer so much air time and praise. And now he just said charlton should have fouled cav to stop him scoring - he thinks his players are too innocent

ffcne

Keith Andrews .Who is he?

grandad

They said they kept Mitro quiet. Having a laugh. He was so all over them the only way they could contain him was to grapple,hold & shirt pull him at every set piece. Mitro gave his all & is my MOTM.
Where there's a will there's a wife

joef

Just thinking the same thing, driving me mad, it was like the Charlton show with the pundits 🙄

copthornemike

Makes me even more happy to have been at the match then!
Mind you it takes two teams to make a good competitive match so Charlton deserve some praise - first half particularly!

terryr

Bein sports was all Fulham the 2 nd half

davew

Quote from: Logicalman on October 05, 2019, 02:44:42 PM
Jim & Jamie mentioned it, that there were three punters up on the gantry, 2 ex Charlton players and 1 ex manager, no Fulham representation. Perhaps Sky have their favorites and we're not one of them.
If we are not 1 of them why do they keep showing our matches, just to disrupt our fixture list?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Plodder

Usually I don't care what commentators and "pundits" say, but I must agree that today the co-commentator (Keith Andrews?) annoyed me with excessively pro-Charlton comments, culminating in him saying that it would have been a "travesty" if Charlton had not got at least a draw.  A "travesty"?  They had slightly the better of the first half, we had much the better of the second half - Charlton defended with determination and we didn't get a third goal, so good luck to them, but it would hardly have been a "travesty" if we had won. It would have been a case of us taking one of our many chances, or one of the two shots which hit the bar going on - hardly against the run of play.

Marinelloguthrie

Was about to put the 2nd halve on, but perhaps better of to have sound down then...

Marinelloguthrie

Watched 2nd halve and talk after, totally agree all about Charlton nothing absolutely nothing about Fulham...

SP

I've never undertood why they allow Keith Andrew anywhere near a TV studio.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: grandad on October 05, 2019, 02:46:58 PM
They said they kept Mitro quiet. Having a laugh. He was so all over them the only way they could contain him was to grapple,hold & shirt pull him at every set piece. Mitro gave his all & is my MOTM.

If they think Charlton defense kept Mitro quiet, then i am looking forward to how he goes with a defense that fails to keep him quiet.

bog

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We have a Moneybags reputation in the Championship which encourages Sky to load the pundits panel and favour the financial underdogs.
I am surprised that no one ha picked up on the fact that they considered Mitro's goal to be offside although I have not seen their video proof.

Mince n Tatties

Don't have it,they are ruining football.
There will come a time when there want be any
3pm Sat kick offs.
What next Thursday morning games at 9-30am.😵

SP

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 06, 2019, 09:15:39 AM
Quote from: grandad on October 05, 2019, 02:46:58 PM

If they think Charlton defense kept Mitro quiet, then i am looking forward to how he goes with a defense that fails to keep him quiet.

My favourite Mitro moment yesterday was when he flattened 2 of their defenders at a corner.

res

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 06, 2019, 09:35:45 AM
We have a Moneybags reputation in the Championship which encourages Sky to load the pundits panel and favour the financial underdogs.
I am surprised that no one ha picked up on the fact that they considered Mitro's goal to be offside although I have not seen their video proof.

Mitro was off side in the build up but should have had a stone wall penalty in the first half. I try not to "buy" the bias line, but gave up with SKY pundits a couple of years ago as the bias was so unprofessional that it was a waste of time listening to it.