He needs to develop further before playing with the First team again
Certainly he should not start before some time playing with the under 21's
We need the best 11 on the pitch.

fcfulham55

Agree 100%. 

Looked out his depth.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Fernhurst

He must feel awful just now, really feel for him.
Trust Scotty to get an arm around him and guide him through this difficult part of his development.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

terryr

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 05, 2019, 03:07:05 PM
He must feel awful just now, really feel for him.
Trust Scotty to get an arm around him and guide him through this difficult part of his development.
Away from the first team please
He just isn't ready

WindyCity

Yeah, very disappointed in his show today.  Not sure what the problem was, but he sure didn't look like his 'head was in the game'.  Very poor show.

Statto

Decent backup option IMO but the weak link in the starting XI, although Bettinelli will run him close for that title.

Odoi would be my preference at RB.

LittleErn

Agree he was having a bad game and had to come off, but at times he looked set to go on a run and then didn't do it. Is that Parker's orders that are putting him in two minds? He looked hesitant today, whereas in other games earlier in the season he was making positive runs into space. Loss of confidence perhaps.

Baszab

Odoi for Sess all day long at the moment
Even Christie

snarks

He had a good game against Wigan, so 1 not so good half in his last 3, he's young he'll get there.

Sgt Fulham

Just don't know what he adds right now. He is still very young though and I'm rooting for him to make it!

ALG01

He needs a rest, he will come back better for that.

Whitestone

He's young and still only played a handful of games at this level.  That said he was poor today for some reason with a number of stray passes. Not surprised he was subbed at half time.

filham

He had his hands full with Williams on their left and things improved for us when Sess. was taken off.

Spirit of 2000

Needs taking out the firing line for a while. He'll be a fine player but time for Odoi to have a run at RB. Failing that and if After injury not too bad, Harrison Reed can and has played RB and could be worth a go.

..FOF..

Quote from: Whitestone on October 05, 2019, 04:13:20 PM
He's young and still only played a handful of games at this level.  That said he was poor today for some reason with a number of stray passes. Not surprised he was subbed at half time.

I remembered Ryan Sess going through a few inconsistent spell at the start of his time with the first team.

The thing was with Ryan the coach can use him to be subbed in later to get the goal or assist.

I think Steven's defensive style will be a little bit harder to slowly initiate him into the team.

MJG

The image is small but you can see the data.
This is Ryan Sess and his first real season. Good few starts and then benched a lot but came back in second half.
Steve may take same route and if so thats great. He may be same age but injuries have meant hes a couple of years behind
Just a bit of patience needed.

Just the views of a long term fan

AnOldBrownie

He's getting overwhelmed. At first I thought it was just him tiring later in games...but I really don't rate him over Odoi. I'd even slot in Christie over him.

T Khan said this would be the year for us to see what Steven has.   I'm very meh with him right now.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

SP

Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2019, 03:08:49 PM
Decent backup option IMO but the weak link in the starting XI, although Bettinelli will run him close for that title.

Odoi would be my preference at RB.

Odoi would be my preference as well, with the bonus of his attacking threat.

Matt10

Don't mind him, but expected this thread regardless. He's young, and today was his worst game. Before that, he's been pretty solid overall. Mentally not prepared it felt like. He was overpowered on that side with the wingback, and made simple passes more complicated. In our system he tucks in more, and unfortunately was in positions to make plays, but didn't. I think he gets benched only depending on what formation we go for next time out. I really liked our 3-1-4-2 in the second half, which would mean he'd sit out.

Carborundum

Bit surprised at the views here.  Thought our defenders served up a barbershop quartet of daft stuff in the first half.  Charlton's second goal wasn't especially clever, but by then he was off. The logical player to come off in a very good tactical switch.

In an all time list of worst defensive halves for Fulham by a member of the Sessegnon family, I'm not sure that one would make the top five.

The worst defender on the pitch, by a country mile, was Charlton's left back.  Cavaleiro let him off rather lightly.