watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steven Sess

Started by terryr, October 05, 2019, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

"The worst defender on the pitch, by a country mile, was Charlton's left back.  Cavaleiro let him off rather lightly."

Absolutely!!!!! Our whole coaching team should have been screaming at Knockaert or Cav to just walk past him.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

My impression of Sess today was that when he got something wrong or something didn't come off he was so anxious to put it right that he compounded his error/inadequacy. If I'm right (and I may well be quite wrong), it's understandable and more experience will resolve it, but as of now I'd play Odoi or Christie.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Spirit of 2000

As I've said already. Harrison Reed can and has played RB. If Artur fit its an option I think we should look at, although Odoi is a safe pair of hands otherwise. Wouldn't risk Christie though,  very poor defender even at this level.

Fulham 442

I think we would have lost today if Sess hadn't been subbed at half time imo. Very poor game and as has been observed got consistently more nervous and therefore more error prone with each mistake  RB is a problem for us, I would prefer Odoi there, or Reed if he can cover. No to Christie from me.

MikeW

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 05, 2019, 07:24:29 PM
"The worst defender on the pitch, by a country mile, was Charlton's left back.  Cavaleiro let him off rather lightly."

Absolutely!!!!! Our whole coaching team should have been screaming at Knockaert or Cav to just walk past him.
My understanding was that Charlton played three 'centre halves' across the back.  In that case Cav, Knock and Bryan should have murdered them.  But no.

Sess had a shocker, but he's young.  Back to the stiffs for a bit of recuperation.  He'll be fine.  Odoi it is for me.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 05, 2019, 07:37:19 PM
As I've said already. Harrison Reed can and has played RB. If Artur fit its an option I think we should look at, although Odoi is a safe pair of hands otherwise. Wouldn't risk Christie though,  very poor defender even at this level.

Not sure about the R/B option but I like this lad Reed a lot.  I think he's under rated but he's very mobile, gets stuck in and seems to have a good attitude.  What a contrast to the two highly paid prancers we had over from France for a holiday last year?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Carborundum

Quote from: MikeW on October 05, 2019, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on October 05, 2019, 07:24:29 PM

My understanding was that Charlton played three 'centre halves' across the back.
That could explain his first half throw in.  Normally when a ball takes a trajectory like that, a caddy with a rake is needed

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: MikeW on October 05, 2019, 09:20:36 PM

Not sure about the R/B option but I like this lad Reed a lot.  I think he's under rated but he's very mobile, gets stuck in and seems to have a good attitude.  What a contrast to the two highly paid prancers we had over from France for a holiday last year?

Well said

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 05, 2019, 10:05:20 PM

Well said

When Thierry Henry joined Arsenal his first dozen games were rubbish, Anguissa and Seri were written off way before they were given a dozen games (ie when Raneri joined). Fulham has become a place many players don't enjoy, and ideally we want to be the club top players want to join.

Woolly Mammoth

Spot on
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 10, 2019, 06:03:47 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 05, 2019, 10:05:20 PM

Well said

When Thierry Henry joined Arsenal his first dozen games were rubbish, Anguissa and Seri were written off way before they were given a dozen games (ie when Raneri joined). Fulham has become a place many players don't enjoy, and ideally we want to be the club top players want to join.

Please Do not compare or mention in the same breath the two prancers from France with Theirry Henry, different planet. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 10, 2019, 12:15:56 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 10, 2019, 06:03:47 AM

Please Do not compare or mention in the same breath the two prancers from France with Theirry Henry, different planet.

I think TRFs point is valid both in general and to this thread. People tend to jump to conclusions based on very small sample sizes all the time. Now for example some posters basically writes off Steven Sessegnon as not ready for the first team because he's had one bad half of football and a few so so games. This happens all the time, and some people never seem to learn. Just like a couple of good games to begin his Fulham first team career doesn't mean that he will be a star this season, a couple of not so good games doesn't equal him being not first team ready.

Ronnief

I was at the match and I also reviewed the match by watching it again on the web site. I closely watched Stephen Sessengnon and I feel we are being far to harsh by criticising his performance.  He is being told what to do by the coaching staff and because of three or four misplaced passes people are getting on his back. But if you watch carefully much of his defensive work was good. As an 18 year old he has much to learn but he is a very promising player who must be given time to develop in our team.

Bassey the warrior

I think we need to remind ourselves that this is his first season playing senior level football.  With that in mind I think he's acquitted himself well. He is too prone to lapses of concentration but he will improve that. From what I've seen he offers the most going forward of all our right backs, which could be a big asset. It's a long season and he'll get more chances to impress, he has to keep working hard.

toshes mate

I believe SS had a poor half of football last Saturday.  Was his performance influenced by an older player in midfield who I haven't been impressed with so far, who I didn't think should have started the game, who was yellow/red carded for a dive that would have embarrassed Kamara, and has a tendency to get involved where he isn't required to? 

I hope SS wasn't influenced but I am really not too sure because nineteen year olds tend to soak up things like blotting paper when they feel there is a need ('I am struggling here') and it is an experienced pro who is showing them 'this is how you do it'.   Just food for thought. 

Mince n Tatties

Statto

What so Arter is responsible for Sessegnon's stray passes and lapses in concentration? Have to say I'm struggling to understand that reasoning
1500.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on October 11, 2019, 09:09:43 AM
What so Arter is responsible for Sessegnon's stray passes and lapses in concentration? Have to say I'm struggling to understand that reasoning
1500.gif

Must admit I am as well.😵

Jim©

Quote from: toshes mate on October 11, 2019, 08:20:12 AM
I believe SS had a poor half of football last Saturday.  Was his performance influenced by an older player in midfield who I haven't been impressed with so far, who I didn't think should have started the game, who was yellow/red carded for a dive that would have embarrassed Kamara, and has a tendency to get involved where he isn't required to? 

I hope SS wasn't influenced but I am really not too sure because nineteen year olds tend to soak up things like blotting paper when they feel there is a need ('I am struggling here') and it is an experienced pro who is showing them 'this is how you do it'.   Just food for thought. 

Not sure Arter has anything to do with SS standard's on the pitch, seems like a bit of a cheap shot.
However, Mawson, who's been playing alongside SS is noticeably helpful and vocal with him. That's exactly what you need when you're young and inexperienced, a calm mature head alongside. Much like KMac was, Mawson seems to be the vocal leader on the pitch (i have no issue with TC as captain as many do).

toshes mate

My starter course seems to have caused indigestion.  So let me have a go at causing real stomach upsets with this comment about Harry Arter from Warnock during last season (remember we are talking influence):

"You don't get players like that on loan unless there's something in their make-up," Warnock told reporters.  "Eddie Howe did warn me... he said he'd get booked in training. I tell him every day, during the game, at half-time, in the second half. But I might as well keep my mouth shut."  Warnock, who believes Arter has performed "really well" for Cardiff in spite of his disciplinary record, added: "Harry Arter does what he wants. You can't stop him.  He's been a little bit erratic. Fans love him but he runs around like a chicken with its neck wrung at times, instead of being responsible."