Author Topic: Bettinelli  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Denver Fulham

• Graham Leggat
Bettinelli
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:48:33 PM »
Hasn’t been good enough this season. We don’t need much from our keeper given how we control the ball. Just make standard saves and maybe one good one a match, and he’s repeatedly below that standard. Too many goals conceded that are either outright mistakes or questionable keeping for me.

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
Re: Bettinelli
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »
Can't really blame him for the 2 today.

Offline Fernhurst

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The atmospheres fresh and the debate lively
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
Must admit, if I was looking to upgrade at Christmas, keeper is where I would begin.
Marcus has lots of fans on here but if you were taking a helicopter view of our team. A strong international keeper to anchor the back line would be a step up.

Online Whitestone

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »
He was solid today. Made some good saves but distribution so slow.

Offline snarks

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »
Harsh and unfair, excellent save from the deflected shot that was going in the corner, and could do nothing about either goal.

Offline fulhamben

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »
Harsh and unfair, excellent save from the deflected shot that was going in the corner, and could do nothing about either goal.
yep, at first glance I thought it was going down, the slow mo showed just how good of a save it was

Offline HV71

• Legend
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 04:22:23 PM »
Certainly not at fault today - wrong scapegoat (for those that insist on having one )

Offline Fernhurst

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The atmospheres fresh and the debate lively
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 04:24:47 PM »

Thought his positioning was definitely suspect for their second goal Grandad. Too far off his line.
We all have different views though

Offline Andy S

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »
I not at fault today and not for a few games previous. Please get off the guys back

Offline copthornemike

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 04:39:55 PM »
Kept us in the game first half & top draw save in the second to prevent Charlton going 3-2 up so well done Marcus in my opinion.  Strange how people have completely different opinions on his performance
Hats off to Charlton’s keeper - great second half. We could have 5 without his top class saves.
Special mention for Jonnie Williams - best player on the pitch in the first half & very surprised when he was subbed off, very little threat going after he left the pitch
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:41:58 PM by copthornemike »

Offline Denver Fulham

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
Both goals today were saveable by a keeper with good mobility. Our standards need to be higher if you want top-2. Mix in the Cardiff and WBA goals, and I question why Rodak doesn’t get a look.

Offline filham

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
I felt Betts was without fault today, the keeper is always easy to select as a scapegoat.

Offline Statto

• Gentleman Jim
  • Test
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »
Can't fault him for either of the goals today, but as I overheard someone say on the way out, if you swapped the keepers today we'd have won 4-0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 05:10:01 PM by Statto »

Offline Ronnief

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 05:08:53 PM »
My criticism of him would be for his slow distribution especially in the first half. A quick ball out from defence would give us a great advantage. He really needs to distribute quickly as do the defence.

Offline copthornemike

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »
My criticism of him would be for his slow distribution especially in the first half. A quick ball out from defence would give us a great advantage. He really needs to distribute quickly as do the defence.
Good constructive point

Offline Facts Not Fiction

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 05:14:31 PM »
His distribution is painfully slow, and when you play the way we do, that is a problem.

Offline snarks

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 05:14:37 PM »
Both goals today were saveable by a keeper with good mobility. Our standards need to be higher if you want top-2. Mix in the Cardiff and WBA goals, and I question why Rodak doesn’t get a look.

I don’t like saying this, but that’s rubbish in fact it’s utter rubbish. It’s so rubbish it could be taken away by a refuse collector

Offline MikeW

• Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 05:14:38 PM »

Well it went through his legs.

Offline MikeW

• Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 05:17:10 PM »
First six 'passes' of the day were between Mawson and Bettinelli on the edge of our box.  Hardly inspires confidence.  Never heard of a warm up?

Offline Denver Fulham

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »

I don’t like saying this, but that’s rubbish in fact it’s utter rubbish. It’s so rubbish it could be taken away by a refuse collector

The Charlton keeper made a similar save moving across his goal to his right to deny BDR (and also Cairney on the header before Mitro's goal), but sure thing.