watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli

Started by Denver Fulham, October 05, 2019, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Hasn't been good enough this season. We don't need much from our keeper given how we control the ball. Just make standard saves and maybe one good one a match, and he's repeatedly below that standard. Too many goals conceded that are either outright mistakes or questionable keeping for me.

grandad

Can't really blame him for the 2 today.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fernhurst

Must admit, if I was looking to upgrade at Christmas, keeper is where I would begin.
Marcus has lots of fans on here but if you were taking a helicopter view of our team. A strong international keeper to anchor the back line would be a step up.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitestone

He was solid today. Made some good saves but distribution so slow.

snarks

Harsh and unfair, excellent save from the deflected shot that was going in the corner, and could do nothing about either goal.

fulhamben

Quote from: snarks on October 05, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
Harsh and unfair, excellent save from the deflected shot that was going in the corner, and could do nothing about either goal.
yep, at first glance I thought it was going down, the slow mo showed just how good of a save it was
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HV71

Certainly not at fault today - wrong scapegoat (for those that insist on having one )

Fernhurst

Quote from: grandad on October 05, 2019, 03:51:46 PM

Thought his positioning was definitely suspect for their second goal Grandad. Too far off his line.
We all have different views though
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

I not at fault today and not for a few games previous. Please get off the guys back

copthornemike

Kept us in the game first half & top draw save in the second to prevent Charlton going 3-2 up so well done Marcus in my opinion.  Strange how people have completely different opinions on his performance
Hats off to Charlton's keeper - great second half. We could have 5 without his top class saves.
Special mention for Jonnie Williams - best player on the pitch in the first half & very surprised when he was subbed off, very little threat going after he left the pitch

Denver Fulham

Both goals today were saveable by a keeper with good mobility. Our standards need to be higher if you want top-2. Mix in the Cardiff and WBA goals, and I question why Rodak doesn't get a look.

filham

I felt Betts was without fault today, the keeper is always easy to select as a scapegoat.

Statto

Can't fault him for either of the goals today, but as I overheard someone say on the way out, if you swapped the keepers today we'd have won 4-0

Ronnief

My criticism of him would be for his slow distribution especially in the first half. A quick ball out from defence would give us a great advantage. He really needs to distribute quickly as do the defence.

copthornemike

Quote from: Ronnief on October 05, 2019, 05:08:53 PM
My criticism of him would be for his slow distribution especially in the first half. A quick ball out from defence would give us a great advantage. He really needs to distribute quickly as do the defence.
Good constructive point

Facts Not Fiction

His distribution is painfully slow, and when you play the way we do, that is a problem.

snarks

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 05, 2019, 04:42:23 PM
Both goals today were saveable by a keeper with good mobility. Our standards need to be higher if you want top-2. Mix in the Cardiff and WBA goals, and I question why Rodak doesn't get a look.

I don't like saying this, but that's rubbish in fact it's utter rubbish. It's so rubbish it could be taken away by a refuse collector

MikeW

Quote from: grandad on October 05, 2019, 03:51:46 PM

Well it went through his legs.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

First six 'passes' of the day were between Mawson and Bettinelli on the edge of our box.  Hardly inspires confidence.  Never heard of a warm up?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Denver Fulham

Quote from: snarks on October 05, 2019, 05:14:37 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 05, 2019, 04:42:23 PM

I don't like saying this, but that's rubbish in fact it's utter rubbish. It's so rubbish it could be taken away by a refuse collector

The Charlton keeper made a similar save moving across his goal to his right to deny BDR (and also Cairney on the header before Mitro's goal), but sure thing.