https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli

Started by Denver Fulham, October 05, 2019, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Marinelloguthrie on October 06, 2019, 08:32:05 AM
Quote from: Mickeyboro on October 06, 2019, 08:21:21 AM
Try Rodak. If we don't he will be a success at another club like the Cardiff guy. What's to lose?

Football matches......

Would be change for change sake, no need yet..

Respectfully disagree. The defence should cope with either behind them. Bettinelli's first half distribution was woeful; a better footballing keeper would galvanise the whole team.

HV71

I love Mitro and realise that no one wants to have a go at him - but he was lacking for their second goal . . It was his man - he had height and I would suggest strength advantage and failed to put in a successful aerial challenge . Betts May have been slightly out of place but there were many other mistakes in that passage of play

..FOF..

Quote from: HV71 on October 06, 2019, 09:19:46 AM
I love Mitro and realise that no one wants to have a go at him - but he was lacking for their second goal . . It was his man - he had height and I would suggest strength advantage and failed to put in a successful aerial challenge . Betts May have been slightly out of place but there were many other mistakes in that passage of play

Great phrase "passage of play":D

I rewatched the second goal that we conceded again.

We committed 3 players to a single man at start when the ball came into the box.

Then a 4th player had to leave one unmarked to close down on another.

Halfway through that towards the goal, it looks like 5 players just ball watching and letting 3 charlton players moving around freely to distract the keeper.

bobby01

Quote from: ..FOF.. on October 06, 2019, 09:26:17 AM

Great phrase "passage of play":D

I rewatched the second goal that we conceded again.

We committed 3 players to a single man at start when the ball came into the box.

Then a 4th player had to leave one unmarked to close down on another.

Halfway through that towards the goal, it looks like 5 players just ball watching and letting 3 charlton players moving around freely to distract the keeper.

Neither of the centre backs in the centre of the area, again.  Mawson was quick to moan at others after the goal but he was way out of position marking no one.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

grandad

As a discussion point. When the final cross came in there were 3 Charlton players in an offside position. The lino could not predict which Charlton player was going to head the ball so why didn't he flag for offside.
Where there's a will there's a wife

mancwhite

He is a good goalkeeper- like all goalies will make a mistake at some point. Like others my concern is that his distribution although improved is still too slow. As a passing team we need to set a quick tempo (like we did in the second half yesterday) without a quick tempo we just become a possession team passing it between ourselves in front of the opposition struggling to break them down when they have their settled shape. With our skills and pace we should be able to exploit broken play better than others. Lots of opportunities first half to have delivered the ball quickly but chose not to or more worryingly didn't see it. Just making things harder for ourselves than need to
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Tabby

Quote from: grandad on October 06, 2019, 11:37:01 AM
As a discussion point. When the final cross came in there were 3 Charlton players in an offside position. The lino could not predict which Charlton player was going to head the ball so why didn't he flag for offside.

Because he isn't supposed to predict who will head the ball and flag before they do it, he is supposed to flag if someone involved in play was offside.

As for Bettinelli, I think he is a mediocre Championship keeper.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Tabby on October 06, 2019, 12:34:22 PM
Quote from: grandad on October 06, 2019, 11:37:01 AM

Because he isn't supposed to predict who will head the ball and flag before they do it, he is supposed to flag if someone involved in play was offside.

As for Bettinelli, I think he is a mediocre Championship keeper.

This is completely correct regarding offside. The linesmen are instructed not to flag too early, which is also why they seemingly wait too long sometimes. Better than the other way around.

HV71

Neither of the centre backs in the centre of the area, again.  Mawson was quick to moan at others after the goal but he was way out of position marking no one.

Fair point but it is still Mitro' s man as play developed- his lack of challenge was poor. I love the guy but I'm tired of people just having a pop at the ' obvious ' targets. This is a team  game

Bassey the warrior

Agree.

Woodlawn

I'm sorry but I think he is a mistake waiting to happen, When he has ball at his feet he frightens the life out of me. Just wish he would quicken up he's distributing. More bookings for time wasting are a certainty.

bobby01

Quote from: HV71 on October 06, 2019, 02:02:45 PM

Fair point but it is still Mitro' s man as play developed- his lack of challenge was poor. I love the guy but I'm tired of people just having a pop at the ' obvious ' targets. This is a team  game

Fair point, don't disagree with you.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Baszab

As Brian Granville so eloquently states in the Sunday Times:-

" Bettinelli was carelessly off his line"
for the second goal

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baszab on October 06, 2019, 07:28:00 PM

for the second goal

Well, if it's in the paper, that settles it then.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 06, 2019, 07:30:34 PM
Quote from: Baszab on October 06, 2019, 07:28:00 PM

for the second goal

Well, if it's in the paper, that settles it then.

I agree!
And he's incapable of moving his feet quickly enough to change position when needed.

snarks

So for Cav's goal, if that had been scored against us, how many would be criticizing Betts for being beaten at his near post?

More than one. A goalkeeper has to anticipate, it can't all be on reactions, for their second goal he sees the player about to cross and steps so that he can come for it if necessary. To say he's was carelessly forward is giving too much emphasis to his positioning.

Still people are entitled to their opinions, but we have to have a scapegoat for every goal we concede

toshes mate

The bash Bettinelli brigade dishing out pseudo speak once again. 

Can we get a better 'keeper?  Yes!  Could said recruitment activity get us a worse 'keeper?  Absolutely as we all well know!
Was Bettinelli at fault for either goal on Saturday?  According to some he was and according to others he wasn't.  So pundits of any kind are not to be trusted?  No, they are not and nor are they meant to be. 

And so all these pundits are just people who can't get a job playing football, coaching, or even organising behind the scenes, but they can operate their vocal chords and/or, sometimes very slowly, a keyboard?

Black and White Blood

Everyone should get off Betts case.
When we narrowly missed promotion and the actual promotion year, the winning run
corresponded with Betts reinstatement into the Team.
He's made a couple of blunders this year but we are 6 games unbeaten.
More than once he has been let down by the defence.
Unless we can go out and sign a Van dear Sat, then give him a break.

Matt10

I don't have video, but that deflected save he made towards the end also saved us a point. It was incredible.

Nero

Well at least with Betts we havent paid a fortune for him like Pickford who seems to get worse every game, what has happened to English goal keeping