Author Topic: 6 Games Unbeaten  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Steeeeeeeeeed

• Graham Leggat
6 Games Unbeaten
« on: October 05, 2019, 09:41:55 PM »
 :wine:

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
Re: 6 Games Unbeaten
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »
 Yes it’s been a while since that happened.  082.gif

Offline Milo

• Global Moderator
  • MAESTRO
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »
One game unbeaten last year was a triumph

Offline SP

• cebu
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »
We are drinking to that!

:wine:

049:gif

Offline SP

• cebu
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 09:57:03 PM »

I'm still amazed SP put together that little winning streak of 3 winning games in April.

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 10:32:55 PM »
18 more to go to beat our record.

Offline whitejc

• Administrator
  • Mornington Crescent
  • I'm tall for my height
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
its funny but having drawn 3 of those games it doesn't feel like an achievement. Don't get me wrong I know how difficult it is to go 6 unbeaten, if we'd not lost to Forest and Barnsley, both games we should have won, thence'd be top of the league and I'd be thinking we were about to go on another 23, or better, game spree.

I know I'm fickle and I know we can't win every game, but there are some games that are more winnable than others, those ones appear to give us the most problems,

Offline filham

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »
Six unbeaten is good but we have dropped eight points in the last six games and we have been playing well and a should have picked up more points.

Offline toshes mate

• cebu
  • Vitam Impendere Vero
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
its funny but having drawn 3 of those games it doesn't feel like an achievement. Don't get me wrong I know how difficult it is to go 6 unbeaten, if we'd not lost to Forest and Barnsley, both games we should have won, thence'd be top of the league and I'd be thinking we were about to go on another 23, or better, game spree.

I know I'm fickle and I know we can't win every game, but there are some games that are more winnable than others, those ones appear to give us the most problems,
My thoughts too.  I have not seen a game this season where we should not have had a better outcome even the 4-0 against Millwall that perhaps should have been 6-0.  At both ends of the pitch we seem to have the irritating habit of not performing at best standard at times and I believe lack of composure, concentration, organisation and discipline are the problem.  But it is FFC and we get very aware that our teams struggle to accept that they really are better than they think they are, but have to work very much harder that they currently do to prove that.  Once you have a team of eleven hard workers then you begin to see how very much easier the game becomes.  Perhaps a little hypnosis could do the trick!

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 09:13:54 AM »
The 2 - 2 with Charlton could have easily been 6 - 2 with a little bit of good fortune.

Offline FFC1987

• Legend
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »
Go on to pick up 6 points in next two games and I'll be happy. Agree with the sentiment that there's too many draws there to really celebrate too much.

Offline WindyCity

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
18 more to go to beat our record.

Haha, don't hold your breath!

That said, absolutely 4 winnable games off the break.  Big chance to make a run after this current break.  Fingers crossed.....

Offline davew

• Finnster01
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 04:41:52 PM »
LOL

Offline davew

• Finnster01
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 04:42:36 PM »
Six unbeaten is good but we have dropped eight points in the last six games and we have been playing well and a should have picked up more points.
+1

Offline WindyCity

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »
+1

Should FFC fall short of promotion this year by just a few points, we will forever be recalling the first 8 games of the season and the points dropped.  Can't change any of that now, just have to forget (and maybe learn from past mistakes) and look towards the future.  Plenty of games left to make a run at top two.

Offline MJG

• MAESTRO
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »
+1

Should FFC fall short of promotion this year by just a few points, we will forever be recalling the first 8 games of the season and the points dropped.  Can't change any of that now, just have to forget (and maybe learn from past mistakes) and look towards the future.  Plenty of games left to make a run at top two.
will we? Or will it even its self out when we win games we should have lost? Over a season you get what you get because that's what you deserved.

Offline davew

• Finnster01
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 06:37:33 PM »
We got what we deserved last season!!

Offline Sting of the North

• Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 06:43:55 PM »
+1

will we? Or will it even its self out when we win games we should have lost? Over a season you get what you get because that's what you deserved.

That's way too reasonable MJG!

Offline fcfulham55

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »
You forget we play low falling Stoke.   

If they hadn't won on Saturday their first win would've come against us.  But as they have their first win I'm not so sure.

Ah. They haven't won at Home yet.  We'll feel sorry and change that.

Offline FFC1987

• Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »
+1

We will then rue both surely? As points dropped are points dropped regardless of when it happens.