News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR... The Collapse Of Man Utd 2019-2020... Could they get Relegated ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, October 06, 2019, 09:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Really can not see much positive about the "Biggest Team In The World" at present, has the air of a Dynasty on the verge of collapse.

And today they are two points off the relegation zone and are playing Liverpool next week, which is as sure a defeat for them as I have ever seen.

Come next Sunday they could be dangling about in, or just above, relegation.

Surely they will get a new manager in soon, but if they can't get Pocettinho, who is there ?

Interesting times.

Fernhurst

You may not believe me, but I do know someone who has had a fiver on them going down.
Over Two Grand return if.........
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

The FA would never let that happen. Like they wouldn't like any of the top 6 go down.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Fulham 442

They are rubbish atm I agree but certainly can't see them getting relegated!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Just checking odds, and my usual has them at 100/1, and Sky seem to be offering the highest at  150/1.

I can see those odds dropping alot after next weekend.

ALG01

I cannot see man utd going down. I certainly remeber the last time they did and was living there at the time but, I do not see it this time.

Mince n Tatties

85million for Harry McGuire,he stood off and let that kid drive it into the net yesterday.
Also read somewhere that Pogba wants over £500,000 a week....Insanity.

filham

Can someone list their managers since Fergie, all have failed, so it is going to be one hell of a job for a new man to come in and provide the instant turn around that the fans want.
They had best stick with their present manager for a while and hope that a slow improvement will begin to take place.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2019, 11:09:34 AM
Can someone list their managers since Fergie, all have failed, so it is going to be one hell of a job for a new man to come in and provide the instant turn around that the fans want.
They had best stick with their present manager for a while and hope that a slow improvement will begin to take place.
define failed, Jose did a double, league and europa league. Moyes won the fa cup didnt he. Footballing empires always come and go, and it's just citys turn. Liverpool may challenging them this season, but I'd still net on city to win the most silverware this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ALG01

It was the same after busby, they struggeld for 27 years to finf fergie and they even wanted to get rid of him!
Same at liverpool after the end of the shankly dynasty was destroyed by daglish, he won trophies but undid everything that had gone before and stopped the continuity, 30- years waiting for another one.

These clubs have no divine right and rely nowadays on buying big names and hoping it blends together rather than attempting to build a side properly. in the the time they waste trying for instant success they could have actually got a proper team together.

bog

Hope so.  :005: I recall when Mat Busby retired they were in a mess, Frank O'Farrell and then Wilf McGuiness took over and they became a shambles so Busby came back for a while. They did get relegated in 1974 but Tommy Docherty brought them back up in '75 (19).

092.gif   

The Rock

No way they will go down. I remember Spurs that one year (2007 ish under Jol?) were bottom of the table after about 8 games and finished 5th. Everton this year are also continuing the slide. Interesting times nonetheless. 

BestOfBrede

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2019, 11:09:34 AM
Maybe Allerdyce can save them - would then stop the #&-£#@ being linked to us every time we fail to win!

aaronmcguigan

The collapse of Man United. Little bit over dramatic. They've won 2 and lost 3. Yes they're 2 points above relegation but only 5 points behind champions league places.
They've also shown that they're ruthless when it comes to sacking managers and also they always have a new manager bounce.

They will raise their levels just because it's Liverpool next week.

toshes mate

I would be delighted if either or both of the Manchester clubs did 'a Bury' and watch their empire topple and burn away to extinction.  But I am not fussy and it could be top clubs in any major British city with obscene amounts of money or even the media moguls who are just as guilty. It might bring some sanity back into the PL, EFL, and FA but even that is most unlikely given the mercenary fools that tend to hold important office these days.  One day something will start the rot and that is the day a football renaissance will, hopefully, begin.

Jamie88

They won't get relegated, though looking at their squad I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled to finish above mid-table!

FFC1987

The idea that Utd are in some sort of relegation battle is daft. They will be fine.