watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Introduction of the Two Re(i)eds Made All the Difference in the World

Started by WindyCity, October 05, 2019, 03:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Very entertaining second half.  In spite of the goal conceded, that had to be one of the better halves of FFC play we've seen so far this season from an offensive standpoint.  Several great saves by Char keeper and some woodwork prevented the deserved three points.  Though you always want the 3 points at home, I'll take the 1 point happily, as FFC was pretty much outplayed in the first half and allowed the Char lead goal so soon after equalizing.  Could have left the Cottage empty handed, but FFC got what I would say a fair result.  Reid was exciting, and Cav had a terrific game, not just the goal, but many excellent crosses.  Very good offensive game, but we're still weak at the keeper spot.  We saw terrific play by the Char minder keeping his team in the game, yet Betts really did nothing spectacular and let in two goals, the second of which may have been very poor positioning. 

HV71

WindyCity

Quote from: HV71 on October 05, 2019, 04:31:43 PM
....as well as poor defending from Mitro

True that.  Mitro was weak, beaten, on that defensive opportunity.  Agreed, he shares in the blame for that Char lead goal.  But Betts to blame also, should have been positioned further back, as was pointed out on the live broadcast at the time.  As I said above, fair result for FFC all things considered, but our goal keeping all season long has not been very good.

bobby01

I love the energy knock and Bobby Reid give to the team. I think reed also moves the ball faster than Arter. I would find a way for them to be starters
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WindyCity

Quote from: bobby01 on October 06, 2019, 04:20:51 PM
I love the energy knock and Bobby Reid give to the team. I think reed also moves the ball faster than Arter. I would find a way for them to be starters

Agreed.  The whole tempo of the game seemed to change for FFC at halftime when these two were brought in.  Just a shame that second Char goal was conceded, but the offense looked as good as we've seen it for most of the second half.  Although the result was fair, allowing for a rather poor first half of football, I was just waiting for FFC to grab those 3 points with a game winner.  From a viewing standpoint, very exciting second half to watch.

COYW!!

filham

Terrific second half performance, now the big question is will Parker continue with the Re(I)ds and with 3 across the back into the next match. Surely you have to try to pick up where that game left of.

Matt10

I'm pretty sure the switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 3-1-4-2 was what really changed the game. It allowed Cav and Knock to be pushed further up, and Cav stay on the right hand side to send up crosses at will. While Mitro had a partner with Bobby Reid.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on October 06, 2019, 06:33:46 PM
Terrific second half performance, now the big question is will Parker continue with the Re(I)ds and with 3 across the back into the next match. Surely you have to try to pick up where that game left of.

Yeah, will be very interesting to see how Parker plays it for next game.  Playing lowly Stoke, so hopefully boys won't be overly confident about this tie and will take them seriously.  Have two weeks to prepare.  Would love to see FFC come out of the break with two quick wins and six points and challenge for the top.  Let's see how Parker prepares the lads this break, could be a big turning point for the season.  Come off of it with 4 games in a row that could/should be wins.