watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Krakow.

Started by Russianrob, October 09, 2019, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russianrob

Presently in Krakow for a short break my first time in Poland.Hello to the  Polish Fulham supporter l met at the UEFA final watching the final together.Hello to all Polish Fulham supporters.Can anyone confirm a rumour l once heard that the most famous Polish Fulham fan was Pope John Paul the second who often watched us at the cottage whilst training to be a Priest in London.

Eddie hch

HI
hope you have a great time in Poland and yes he was a fan of Fulham (and also had an eye on Liverpool), his first team was Krakow but he would pop into the cottage to cheer on the lads when in London...he was also a goalkeeper himself.

bog

Hello there. I have heard that about Pope John Paul 11.

mrmicawbers

Great place for a short break.Try the Jewish Quarter of town.My favorite part but generally God and inexpensive.

Russianrob

I think l am in the Jewish part of town which reminds me of the most famous Jewish Scottish poet... Rabbi Burns!

Slaphead in Qatar

I ate at 'once upon a time' restaurant in Jewish quarter in krakow. Interesting place.

deadcowboys

Krakow is such a good place to visit despite it's dreadful history. The only problem is that wretched bugler in the tower of the main square.

If only they had shot him on the first corner not the fourth, it would be a lot more peaceful. 

Dr Quinzel

Great place, and good Fulham memories. Enjoy!  082.gif

Cornishnick

Oh boy you've set me off with this story now.

My Dad was Polish and also came from Krakow. He was about the same age as Pope John Paul and went to many Fulham games around the same time (we lived just across the river from the Cottage). The added ingredient was that he was a dead ringer for him!   I have pictures of my Dad around that time and he sure looks much like the young John Paul. Alas my Dad passed away over 20 years ago but he wasn't beyond a bit of mischief and did tell me he knew and chatted to John Paul. I guess I'll never know for sure but it makes a brilliant story eh?

Russianrob

Excellent story.l only have 2 days left here.lt has been great.Definitely in the Jewish part of town.Asked a man how far it is to the centre.l think he replied three kilometres...but to you two kilometres!

LittleErn

Quote from: Russianrob on October 10, 2019, 02:16:21 PM
Excellent story.l only have 2 days left here.lt has been great.Definitely in the Jewish part of town.Asked a man how far it is to the centre.l think he replied three kilometres...but to you two kilometres!

LOL! 😃

mrmicawbers

I saw many years ago in London a sign saying Golders Green 5 miles and some had written next to it to you 2 and half