watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Red button ceefax

Started by bog, October 11, 2019, 01:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

I think the BBC genuinely aspires to impartiality, but, as said, the politics of the listener colour their perceptions - I have sometimes though it had an anti-Labour bias.

I certainly hear a preponderance of, very angry, Brexit opinions on 5 Live phone-ins, often accusing the BBC of bias against their cause, but I have never heard any bias in this respect. In fact, all the presenters seem terrified of seeming at all biased, or showing their own opinions, whatever they are.

To me, the BBC is still the premium British broadcaster  in terms of quality and range of programming, despite losing  many  top sports events to higher bidders, such as Murdoch's Sky .

filham

I was a wee bit too critical of the BBC in an earlier post. I struggle with some of the modern drama and documentaries where priority is given to artistic impression instead of being informative are annoying. Also the modern trend of background music overriding dialogue needs correction.

However make no mistake the BBC is the best we have and it is important that its content and standards are not diminished. The loss of major sport to commercial TV over the years has been a shame and I now live in fear of Wimbledon, which is so well covered bythe BBC, moving to another channel.