more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 12/10/19...

Started by WhiteJC, October 12, 2019, 07:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

International Call-Ups

Details of the Fulham players who have received call-ups from their respective countries ahead of the upcoming international period.
Senior Squad
Stefan Johansen (Norway) – European Championship Qualifiers

Neeskens Kebano (Congo) – Friendlies

Aleksandar MitroviΔ‡ (Serbia) – Friendly & European Championship Qualifier

Tim Ream (United States) – CONCACAF Nations League

Marek RodΓ‘k (Slovakia) – European Championship Qualifier & Friendly
Under-23s

Ben Davis (Thailand) – Friendlies

Tyrese Francois (Australia) – Friendly
Under-21s

Steven Sessegnon (England) – Friendly & European Championship Qualifier
Under-19s

Terry Ablade (Finland) – Friendlies

Luca Ashby-Hammond (England) – Friendlies

Sonny Hilton (England) – Friendlies

Connor McAvoy (Scotland) – UEFA Qualifiers

Adrion Pajaziti (Albania) – Friendly
Under-18s

Fabio Carvalho (England) – Friendlies
Under-17s

Oliver O'Neill (Republic of Ireland) – Friendly

Jay Williams (Wales) – Friendlies

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/october/09/international-call-ups

WhiteJC

Introducing Fulham FC x COPA

Fulham FC is pleased to introduce its new retro fashion range, in collaboration with COPA.

Founded in 1998 and currently working with the likes of FC Barcelona, Juventus and AS Roma, COPA seeks to carefully curate traditional football shirts and reproduce jerseys in a high-quality cotton and polyester.

The Club is delighted to introduce several new retro shirts, ranging from the 1970s through to the late 1990s, evoking memories from Fulham's past. Priced at Β£55, all retro shirts are packaged and dispatched in exclusive gift boxes.

As part of an assortment of new product lines, in addition to retro shirts – with sizes from adult small to 2XL and a fitted ladies shirt - the Fulham FC x COPA range includes jackets, Fulham FC design-led T-shirts and sweaters and baby shirts.

Fans can shop the range at Stadium Store or online at shop.fulhamfc.com today.

Please note, the fitted ladies shirt is currently available instore only and will be made available online soon.

The 1998/99 Away & 1992/93 Home Retro Shirts are initially available for pre-order only, distributed from 1st November and 9th November 2019 respectively.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/october/11/fulham-fc-copa-range

WhiteJC

Football League clubs warned they must adopt NFL-style salary cap to avoid Bury repeat

EXCLUSIVE: Peterborough owner MacAnthony says players and the PFA must agree to limit salaries in the lower leagues

Peterborough owner Darragh MacAnthony has called for a wage cap of Β£6,000-a-week to stop more League One and Two clubs going out of business like Bury.

"If we don't do something, it will be someone else's club to go bust next," he claimed.

The Posh boss has formulated a 10-point plan to ease the financial strain in the lower leagues, including a Β£2million fund to bailout stricken clubs.

And the Irishman, who has put Β£15m of his own money into Peterborough, wants players and the PFA to agree to limit salaries for the good of the game.

"Players need to step and do their bit as well," he said. "It just think it is crazy when you hear players getting paid 10-15 grand a week at League One level. There are warning signs when you hear that.

"I know football careers are short and they have to make hay while the sun shines – I am not naΓ―ve and I understand how it works.

"Sometimes if you have made a few quid in football, you have got to look and think: This club is going to go under. What can I do?

"A lot of people in the game were saying about Bury: There is a reckoning coming there because they were handing out some massive contracts.

Bury were removed from the Football League (Image: Action Images via Reuters)

"I am all for a wage cap. I like the way they do things in America with the NFL. I think a lot of the clubs would get behind it. If a giant club came down, you could give them two years dispensation on the wage cap.

"But players have to take responsibility as well."

FFP in League One limits player expenditure to 60% of turnover (50% in League Two). But it has not stopped Bury's expulsion from the EFL.

Bolton were saved just days away from liquidation while Macclesfield players have again gone unpaid.

A League One club is believed to receive Β£881,000 in Sky TV money plus an annual Β£675,000 solidarity payment paid by the Premier League.

But the financial reality is that owners like MacAnthony need to inject their own money – and sell players like Jack Marriott – to keep even well-run clubs solvent.

"Over the years I have put in Β£15m," said MacAnthony, the real estate millionaire who took over in 2006.

"I have got some back so right now the club probably owes me Β£5-6m."

Darren Ferguson's side, with Mo Eisa and Ivan Toney up front, are the top scorers in the division thanks before hosting Michael Appleton's Lincoln on Saturday.

"We turned down nearly Β£5m for one of our strikers on deadline day," MacAnthony added. "For any reason we didn't get promotion this season, we know we have an asset base that we can refer to. But I would say even a small club in League Two is probably losing upwards of Β£1m a year.

"If nobody starts the conversation to push this along it is just going to carry on. We are going to get more clubs getting into trouble, more going out of business and more heartbroken fans.

"We need action right now so another Bury doesn't happy."

A meeting of EFL clubs last month discussed ideas to help clubs and insiders insist there is an appetite for change.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-league-clubs-warned-must-20559683

WhiteJC

FourFourDrew: Leader Of The Pack

Is Tom Cairney enjoying the best spell of his FFC career? Drew Heatley says it's testament to his contentment off the field.

A disclaimer off the bat: I've become weirdly obsessed with Tom Cairney lately. He and his partner Abbie Richards announced they were having a baby shortly before my wife and I did the same – and his son Aubrey was born about a month before we had our son, Kasper. Since then I've been watching his Instagram posts intently. "What's their relationship like?" "Is Aubrey rolling over/crawling yet?" "Oh look, we have the same pram".

I think it's safe to say we're all a bit obsessed with TC on the pitch this season. It's not surprising – I reckon he's having his best spell in a white shirt.

Five goals and three assists in his opening 11 games show TC is as effective going forward as ever. He's also among the top 10 Championship players for his defensive contributions, illustrating that he's influencing games in almost every way. Man-of-the-match, goal-scoring performances against Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan in September saw him bag the PFA player of the month award, and he's already taking his form into October with a double at the Madejski.

This all comes after he gave us a much-needed shot in the arm this summer by signing a new, long-term deal. We were down – literally and metaphorically – and our captain's show of loyalty really boosted us. Sure, many might argue he signed because he didn't get the Prem offer he wanted, but, like Mitrovic articulated when signed a new deal shortly after TC, you can't understate the benefits of being happy in your job.

We moved house shortly before Kasper was born – it was bloody stressful. And we only moved a mile away. Work took a back seat for a while. For Tom, uprooting his family was, realistically, never an option. It would have probably impacted his performance on the pitch for his new club, sending him into a downward spiral that'd eventually see him branded a flop. Probably. He might have been born and raised in the east midlands, but the most significant events in his adult life have all occurred in London – and at Fulham. I think the club means more to him than we even realise.

And we're reaping the benefits.

Couple TC's contentment away from the pitch with an upturn in his physical wellbeing, and you've got a potent cocktail for success. Cairney has had a series of niggling injuries in recent seasons, often playing through the pain barrier when he was on the pitch. It's a testament to his importance that we even highlight his absences – he's played in 174 of a possible 210 competitive games since he arrived from Blackburn in 2015 – that's 83%.

Of the 36 games Cairney's missed (half of which came during the last two seasons), we've won just 12, a 33% win percentage. That rises to 40% in the near-200 games our captain has played. Whatever's happened in the physio room at Motspur, it's worked.

Tom Cairney's cooking on all cylinders, on the pitch and off it. And when he gets into his groove, there Ain't Nobody like him in this league.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2019-10-11-fourfourdrew-leader-of-the-pack/

WhiteJC

Fulham fans will be delighted to see ace excelling on international duty

Fulham fans haven't really had a centre forward who's capable of scoring many goals on the domestic or international stage for a while, however, supporters will be keen to see Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrovic knocking them in for club and country.

Mitrovic netted again last night for Serbia in a friendly with Paraguay, scoring a late winner as the hosts came away from the game with a 1-0 victory. And Fulham supporters, as well as Mitrovic, could take a lot of hope away from the Serbia game as their main striker continues to net the goals this campaign.

Mitrovic already has eight goals in 11 games so far this season and will be looking for more once returning from the international break, his brave approach to the game meaning that the striker will put his head in where he hurts if it meant netting a goal for Scott Parker's Fulham side.

Fulham fans will be taking heart from their Serbian's performances as the striker continues to bounce around the pitch with confidence, seemingly untouchable as central defenders struggle to get close to the forward. Mitrovic is a player that when on form, can appear like he's invincible, untouchable and that nobody can get near him to take the ball off of him. Fulham fans have seen Mitrovic at his best before and they know exactly what they get with the striker, a dangerous forward who always looks like he has a goal in him even at the worst of times.

Fulham fans are praying that Parker and co can go for promotion straight back to the top flight this season, and Mitrovic being an in-form character as well as being a big character in the dressing room will give Fulham every chance they have of promotion as long as the centre forward can keep himself fit and free from suspension in the long run.

Fulham supporters love a goalscoring striker in Craven Cottage, with the goals having been shared amongst a squad for the best part of a decade now, but they have a centre forward they can back now to get goal after goal for the Cottagers and take Fulham back to the promised land.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-fans-will-be-delighted-to-see-ace-excelling-on-international-duty/

WhiteJC

3.3 tackles per game – the unsung hero behind Fulham's season

Scott Parker's first spell in football management is going reasonably well, and he has one Fulham player in particular to thank for his side's unbeaten form.

After 11 games of the season, the Championship is as tight as you'll ever see it. Moreso at the top, there are only four points separating leaders West Brom from 10th-placed Charlton.

A few good games could shoot you right into contention, and Fulham will be hoping to be up there come May.

Parker will feel his side should be in the top six. Just one point and one place behind Bristol City in that spot, Parker's side have already drawn four games, two of them from winning positions against West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday.

Fulham have the ability to compete with the Championship's best, and one man behind all things good at Fulham this season is Joe Bryan.

Bryan was one of many signings made by Fulham when they made it to the Premier League last season. He was part of the defence that conceded 81 goals last season, but has so far been a rock in Fulham's defence this time around.

The left-back makes averages 3.3 tackles per game in the Championship this season, more than any other player in the league. Although his side have only kept three clean sheets this season, Bryan has been a really important figure for Fulham:

Aside from putting in the tackles, he's made two assists this season and even bagged himself the opener against Wigan last month. He's earned himself three Man of the Match awards already, and looks set to get some more.

Fulham are unbeaten since August, but in that time they only won two, drawing the other four. They're certainly hard to beat, and they've had a tough run of fixtures through late August and September.

But Parker will be expecting more from his side, who resume normal duties against bottom-club Stoke City next weekend.

A solid full-back often goes unsung in football, but Fulham fans recognise the quality work that Bryan is doing for them – he'll be crucial for Fulham throughout the season, as his side looks to solidify a play-off shout, if not automatic one.

Parker will be praying that his star defender can stay fit for the entirety of the campaign, and could face consequences if his side doesn't make the top six.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-3-tackles-per-game-the-unsung-hero-behind-fulhams-season/

WhiteJC

'I'm not convinced' – Come January, will Fulham man be a guaranteed starter? The verdict

This article is part of Football League World's 'The Verdict' series, which provides personal opinions from the FLW writers regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more...

Fulham have had a reasonable start to the season, with Scott Parker's side currently seventh in the Championship, just three points off West Brom in top spot.

Parker will be hoping the international break does not dent the form that has seen the Cottagers go unbeaten in six matches in the league, though with four results ending in draws he will be hoping to increase his win ratio.

Looking ahead to the January transfer window, Parker already has one bit of businessin the bag, with Chelsea centre-back Michael Hector already signed and training with the club ready to start in the new year.

But will Hector be a guaranteed starter at Fulham when he is available to play come January?

We discuss........

Toby Wilding

"I'm not convinced he'll go straight into the XI immediately.

"Having not played for several months, I do think Fulham would have good reason to be cautious when it comes to getting him up to full match fitness, which could mean they integrate him into the lineup more slowly.

"That being said, I do think that when you look at Hector's performances at this level for Sheffield Wednesday last season, Fulham will certainly want to use him as much as they can, once he is ready to become a regular feature for them.

"With Fulham somewhat short on options in defence as it is, I do think that Hector becoming available for them in January will be a significant boost for them, and could help give them the lift they need in their search for an immediate promotion back to the Premier League."

Louie Chandler

"Absolutely.

"Hector is an absolute colossus of a defender at Championship level and also a brilliant leader.

"Whilst Fulham's back line have been ok this season, they currently lack both of these traits and you get the feeling that Hector's presence could take them to the next level.

"Either Ream or Mawson will represent an excellent back-up option but I think a defender of Hector's quality simply has to start."

Ben Lang

"Hector is an excellent addition to Fulham's side but I think he will have his work cut out to break into the starting line-up currently.

"Tim Ream has been exceeding expectations with his performances this season which has certainly changed Fulham's defensive outlook for the current season, and this could prevent Hector from gaining a place in the side.

"He may well come in to replace Alfie Mawson in the centre of defence, but this would be harsh on Mawson given his current form and I think Hector will ultimately need to start life at Fulham on the bench.

"This decision should also depend on how Fulham are doing by January, as there might be more reason for Hector's immediate introduction if they are not yet challenging for the automatic promotion spots."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/im-not-convinced-come-january-will-fulham-man-be-a-guaranteed-starter-the-verdict/

WhiteJC

3 things we've learned about Fulham so far this season

Scott Parker's Fulham are 7th in the Championship going into the second international break of the season, but what have we learned about his side so far?

There wasn't much that Scott Parker could do to save Fulham from relegation last season. He was the third manager in their short-lived stint in the Premier League, but people expected the mild-mannered Parker to do well at Craven Cottage this season.

So far his Fulham side have been good. At times they've looked like a title-winning side, but not often enough to be up there challenging.

Though the top of the Championship is tight enough for a win to get you into contention – just four points separate leaders West Brom with 10th-place Charlton.

Here we take a look at three things we've learned about Fulham this season:

Hard to beat

Fulham have lost just one Championship game all season. Parker's side is unbeaten since their home defeat to Nottingham Forest in August, but have only won two of the six games since, drawing the other four.

The Cottagers might be hard to beat, but they're developing a habit of dropping points from winning positions – they led in back-to-back draws against West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday.

It'll be a focal point for Parker in the build-up to their next outing at Stoke next weekend.

Solid at the Cottage

Based on home-form alone, Fulham are third in the Championship. They've picked up 11 points from six home games this season, scoring 12 and conceding five in the process.

They fell short in arguably their toughest home fixture of the season so far against Forest, but held current-leaders West Brom at the Cottage last month.

Racking up points at home will be a necessity for Parker's play-off push this season – they'll be expecting to win every game at the Cottage.

Goal-threats

Fulham are the Championship's joint-third highest scorers this season with 20 goals from the opening 11. Aleksandar Mitrovic leads the pack with eight goals already this season, skipper Tom Cairney is enjoying his best start to a campaign with five so far and Wolves-loanee Ivan Cavaleiro has four.

There are plenty of players capable of scoring at Fulham, and they'll continue to make for an entertaining watch this season.

Mitrovic and Cairney, in particular, will be the two that take Fulham into the play-offs, if they do, and Parker will be praying that they can last the entirety of the season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-weve-learned-about-fulham-so-far-this-season/

Neil D

Re. Joe Bryan - is 3.3 tackles a game ('more than any other player in the league') such an achievement?Β  It doesn't seem a lot to me. That said, he is a real asset to the team.

General

Quote from: whitejc on October 12, 2019, 07:23:29 AM

Scott Parker's Fulham are 7th in the Championship going into the second international break of the season, but what have we learned about his side so far?

There wasn't much that Scott Parker could do to save Fulham from relegation last season. He was the third manager in their short-lived stint in the Premier League, but people expected the mild-mannered Parker to do well at Craven Cottage this season.

So far his Fulham side have been good. At times they've looked like a title-winning side, but not often enough to be up there challenging.

Though the top of the Championship is tight enough for a win to get you into contention – just four points separate leaders West Brom with 10th-place Charlton.

Hard to beat

Fulham have lost just one Championship game all season. Parker's side is unbeaten since their home defeat to Nottingham Forest in August, but have only won two of the six games since, drawing the other four.

The Cottagers might be hard to beat, but they're developing a habit of dropping points from winning positions – they led in back-to-back draws against West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday.

It'll be a focal point for Parker in the build-up to their next outing at Stoke next weekend.

Solid at the Cottage

Based on home-form alone, Fulham are third in the Championship. They've picked up 11 points from six home games this season, scoring 12 and conceding five in the process.

They fell short in arguably their toughest home fixture of the season so far against Forest, but held current-leaders West Brom at the Cottage last month.

Racking up points at home will be a necessity for Parker's play-off push this season – they'll be expecting to win every game at the Cottage.

Goal-threats

Fulham are the Championship's joint-third highest scorers this season with 20 goals from the opening 11. Aleksandar Mitrovic leads the pack with eight goals already this season, skipper Tom Cairney is enjoying his best start to a campaign with five so far and Wolves-loanee Ivan Cavaleiro has four.

There are plenty of players capable of scoring at Fulham, and they'll continue to make for an entertaining watch this season.

Mitrovic and Cairney, in particular, will be the two that take Fulham into the play-offs, if they do, and Parker will be praying that they can last the entirety of the season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-weve-learned-about-fulham-so-far-this-season/

We've definitely lost more than one game. We lost against Nottingham forest and barnsley. Such a easy thing to get right. Poorly written.

filham

Quote from: Neil D on October 12, 2019, 08:39:00 AM
Re. Joe Bryan - is 3.3 tackles a game ('more than any other player in the league') such an achievement?Β  It doesn't seem a lot to me. That said, he is a real asset to the team.
I would have thought all players would make more than 3.3 tackles per game, sounds like yet another computer error to me.

filham

Quote from: General on October 12, 2019, 09:57:08 AM
Quote from: whitejc on October 12, 2019, 07:23:29 AM

Hard to beat

Solid at the Cottage

Goal-threats

We've definitely lost more than one game. We lost against Nottingham forest and barnsley. Such a easy thing to get right. Poorly written.
Only one loss all season, sounds as if the opener against Barnsley has already been forgotten.