News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blimey. I want to be a football manager.

Started by ScalleysDad, October 12, 2019, 07:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

So Ranieri gets yet another gig in Italy as "the former Leicester and Chelsea manager" becomes the Sampdoria boss. I think they might be leaving us out on purpose so as to not crush his cv. I wonder if he took files and a strategy plan to this interview.
It's a merry ground gone completely mad.

Fulham 442

I saw the news on Sky Sports and he was definitely mentioned with regard to us as it showed him at our training ground, gesticulating wildly to God knows who. How someone still thinks he is employable is completely beyond me. Moreover why does he bother also? He can't need the money. Maybe he still foolishly believes he has something to offer the game?

bog

It is staggering that he still gets a job.  :doh:

092.gif

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on October 12, 2019, 08:32:45 PM

092.gif

That reminds me, is the mad German still employed??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

john dempsey

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 12, 2019, 09:01:44 PM

092.gif

yes she is still the chancellor of germany

ScalleysDad

Quote from: john dempsey on October 12, 2019, 09:20:19 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on October 12, 2019, 09:01:44 PM

092.gif

yes she is still the chancellor of germany

Boom boom tish.

MayoDomo

Yes he did horribly at Fulham but he has one of the most remarkable managerial achievements ever with Leicester. You can't take that away from him.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

..FOF..

Quote from: MayoDomo on October 14, 2019, 05:06:50 AM
Yes he did horribly at Fulham but he has one of the most remarkable managerial achievements ever with Leicester. You can't take that away from him.

True... we always talked about the need for players to gel with each other.

The coach, backroom staff and upper management also need to understand, have aligned goals and work as a team with each other.

Parker looks like a good fit with Tony Khan's style of management... so far:)

WindyCity

092.gif

Maybe so, and he certainly tanked at FFC, but you can never take away from him that Championship Season.  He'll be able to trade off that for some time to come, and probably deservedly so.  Maybe Leicester too quick to sack him?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: WindyCity on October 14, 2019, 05:37:24 PM

092.gif

Maybe so, and he certainly tanked at FFC, but you can never take away from him that Championship Season.  He'll be able to trade off that for some time to come, and probably deservedly so.  Maybe Leicester too quick to sack him?

Maybe one day when we are all really bored we can revisit the 'Pearson built a team, Ranieri rode it, Ranieri lost it' topic. Quite clearly a decent chap who loves his Mum but as a coach nurturing and developing talent and maintaining the highest levels required he has rather blagged it.

Tabby

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 12, 2019, 08:25:52 PM
I saw the news on Sky Sports and he was definitely mentioned with regard to us as it showed him at our training ground, gesticulating wildly to God knows who. How someone still thinks he is employable is completely beyond me. Moreover why does he bother also? He can't need the money. Maybe he still foolishly believes he has something to offer the game?

Starting to sound a lot like Liverpool fans talking about Hodgson.

bog

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 14, 2019, 07:50:53 PM

092.gif

Maybe one day when we are all really bored we can revisit the 'Pearson built a team, Ranieri rode it, Ranieri lost it' topic. Quite clearly a decent chap who loves his Mum but as a coach nurturing and developing talent and maintaining the highest levels required he has rather blagged it.

That was a wonderful season but I think Craig Shakespeare had a lot to do with it. He had been Pearson's right hand man. Then the following season the original tinker man tried to change the style. When it became A Comedy of Errors for him it was Alas poor Claudio and Shakespeare took over and went back to the old style of play and they picked up....until he got sacked!   :doh: 

092.gif

WindyCity

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 14, 2019, 07:50:53 PM

092.gif

Don't get me wrong, he is certainly under scrutiny as a top coach, and you raise valid arguments.  I thought his (mis)handling of R. Sess was very telling.  BUT, even if all he did was "ride it", still a major accomplishment.  Winning that league is no easy thing, as we all know, and that team came out of nowhere, not on anyones radar to even finish top half.  I suspect he can still trade on that.

WindyCity

While we're on the topic of football manager, if Cottagers come out and lay an egg v Stoke, I will be very disappointed, and I think you would have to look at Parker and his staff.

The club has two full weeks to prepare.  I know ALL the games are tough, there is never a 'given', but Stoke is struggling and this is an opportune time for FFC to get back in the race.  Based on schedule strength/opponents to be faced, it's reasonable to expect wins over the next four games, assuming we still think FFC can capture top two this campaign. 

It's all about preparation and focus heading into this Stoke tilt.  Fingers crossed FFC can capture three points and start riding a winning wave.  COYW!

Sting of the North

Quote from: WindyCity on October 17, 2019, 04:28:49 PM
While we're on the topic of football manager, if Cottagers come out and lay an egg v Stoke, I will be very disappointed, and I think you would have to look at Parker and his staff.

The club has two full weeks to prepare.  I know ALL the games are tough, there is never a 'given', but Stoke is struggling and this is an opportune time for FFC to get back in the race.  Based on schedule strength/opponents to be faced, it's reasonable to expect wins over the next four games, assuming we still think FFC can capture top two this campaign. 

It's all about preparation and focus heading into this Stoke tilt.  Fingers crossed FFC can capture three points and start riding a winning wave.  COYW!

You know how much time Stoke has to prepare? It's also two weeks. Should we really have these talks about questioning SP every time we may happen to have a bad result? And also, we are already in the race, just have a look at the table.

WindyCity

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 17, 2019, 07:08:39 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on October 17, 2019, 04:28:49 PM

You know how much time Stoke has to prepare? It's also two weeks. Should we really have these talks about questioning SP every time we may happen to have a bad result? And also, we are already in the race, just have a look at the table.

I think critique can be justified.  I think most here have an expectation of promotion this season.  This begins a stretch of games (next 4) that could see FFC top two.  I would like to see a 'good', complete game, even if they should happen to lose or draw.  We really have yet to see a solid 90 minute performance.  We've seen several very good 'halves', but still waiting for this team to put things all together.  Can't cry over spilt milk (points dropped over 1st 8) at this point, and yes, Stoke has time to prepare too, but if FFC has desires of promotion, I think it's about time we start seeing some progress regards a solid 90 minutes.

WindyCity

Yep, I would say FFC laid an egg v Stoke.  Terribly disappointing result.  Not good.