watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff v Wednesday

Started by filham, October 18, 2019, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Tonight's Championship match is between two teams competing with us for a top six place.
Looking forward to a tough boring encounter with a good showing of cards including a couple of reds and a 0-0 result.
Not a very nice attitude I suppose but I am so keen to see us up on top in a promotion place.

Fulham 442

Cardiff are a horrible team to watch. Hoofball and heavy tackles. Hope they get a pasting.  Certainly sure they won't be within a sniff of promotion come the end of the season and certainly not whilst Colin is in charge.

gang

Probably better for us if Cardiff win, Sheffield Wednesday will probably be in the top six at the end of the season, the least points they take the better for us. Cardiff won't be anywhere near the top.

Fulham 442

I know that's true but always happy to see Cardiff lose!!

Spirit of 2000

Two bang average sides at best

gang

The Old Count

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 18, 2019, 09:16:58 PM
Two bang average sides at best

'Bang average sides' that we failed to beat.

Fulham 442

A late equaliser for Cardiff as usual!

brightster

Very poor game, IMO 2 poor very physical teams, still think we would have taken 2 draws away to them both before the season started.

davew

Wednesday should have had the match won at half time, very poor in the 2nd half seemed to want to settle for a 1 nil win, deserved to drop 2 points!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

Looking at the styles of play and the physicality of both teams up against our two respective starting elevens we did well enough to get a point away especially as we were still putting the jigsaw puzzle together. The angst shown because of our apparent failure to wipe the floor with both of these teams is being put into perspective now as these two teams will be the scourge of anybody wanting to play football.

filham

Just the result we wanted, they both dropped two points and if we can win this afternoon they will both be beneath us in the table.

SP

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 19, 2019, 09:50:36 AM
Looking at the styles of play and the physicality of both teams up against our two respective starting elevens we did well enough to get a point away especially as we were still putting the jigsaw puzzle together. The angst shown because of our apparent failure to wipe the floor with both of these teams is being put into perspective now as these two teams will be the scourge of anybody wanting to play football.

Spot on. In all my years following FFC, I don't recall ever viewing either of these two away fixtures with the expectation of a straight forward victory.

filham

Quote from: SP on October 19, 2019, 11:25:15 AM

Spot on. In all my years following FFC, I don't recall ever viewing either of these two away fixtures with the expectation of a straight forward victory.
We will need to beat them next time we meet, it hard fact that we are not going to achieve promotion without standing up to the rough and tumble sides.

Statto

I could half agree with this. They're both strong top 6 or at least top 10 sides so I agree, a point away from home has to be seen as a good result even for a top 2 side as we aspire to be.

However, we can't IMO just accept that we'll struggle against any rough house 'anti-football' teams. When playing Fulham, most teams, and certainly all the lesser ones, will likely opt for exactly those tactics and in most cases we should completely overcome them.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on October 19, 2019, 12:38:24 PM

I could half agree with this. They're both strong top 6 or at least top 10 sides so I agree, a point away from home has to be seen as a good result even for a top 2 side as we aspire to be.

However, we can't IMO just accept that we'll struggle against any rough house 'anti-football' teams. When playing Fulham, most teams, and certainly all the lesser ones, will likely opt for exactly those tactics and in most cases we should completely overcome them.

I think we are starting to gel well enough to counter some of the anti football now. H Reid and Stefjo are not messing about, Mitro must be a nightmare to play against when he is up for it, Arter 'knows his way around' and Hector will be a huge asset. Let's see how it evolves.