Main Menu

Team in v Stoke City

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 19, 2019, 02:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Your Team to face Stoke City today is as follows

Thoughts?

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Roberty

who saw that coming - but it is more or less how we came out for the second half against Charlton
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fulham 442

smallfulhamman

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 19, 2019, 02:06:48 PM
Weak bench imo

Really have to agree - Bench doesn't have anyone that could change a game - AK maybe but the rest don't inspire me

Also did I miss a stefjo injury or something?

Fulham1959

The goalkeeper should be at the top and the attack at the bottom - otherwise they are all facing the wrong way !

Daft point, perhaps, but I'm serious.

Statto

Bloody hell, I agree that's bold

Also agree the bench looks weak but that whole front 5 would be in any reasonable list of the division's top 10 attacking players

NCSUWhite

Getting our best players on the pitch. Looking to use our weapons and play on the front door vs a team at the bottom of the table. Needed to try this at some point.

Matt10

Interesting indeed. Is Johansen injured? I watched his Norway matches and I know he got badly fouled in the most recent one. Surprised he even recovered as he was stepped on pretty hard.

Looking forward to this one!

Sting of the North

Generelly not a fan of big changes, but fingers crossed here. Looked good against Charlton.

Safe to assume at least Johansen is injured as he would never be dropped from the squad,  but maybe also Sess and/or KMac carrying injuries, seeing as Christie and Kebano has found their way into the squad. Was there anything mentioned in pre game press conference?

filham

An attack minded line up that had to be considered after the second half performance against Charlton but I really didn't think Parker would risk it away from home.
It puts pressure on Reid to get his first goal for us so lets hope he performs well'
Sorry to see McDonald and Johanson are missing from the squad, perhaps they are injured and/or rested.

Robbie

Nice starting 11. Assume Stefjo injured/ill.

..FOF..

So, I think we are looking at a few early goals so that Parker can rest some players in the early 2nd half for next Wednesday match.

Quote from: love4ffc on October 17, 2019, 10:04:53 PM
The next three games are important in my eyes and I think Fulham really need to get all 9 points if not at least 7.  My reasoning for that is because the next three teams are currently sitting in the bottom third of the table.  If Fulham is going to be pushing for automatic promotion, or at least be finishing in the top 6, then the next three matches need to be positive results. 

For the above reason and because I believe we have an excellent attacking side I would change things up a bit.  I would start with the same team that started in the second half of the Charlton match. 

3-1-4-2

I would drop Steven Sess, not because he has done anything wrong but so that I can bring in Bobby Reid.  I like how Bobby Reid has been playing.  It reminds me of Ryan Sess in that he is always sniffing round the goal.  I believe he could work well with Mitro as a strike team and would be there to help scrap out goals. 

To accommodate Mr. Reid, I would change the formation to three in the back with Mr. Arter sitting in front of them to help break things up as I believe we are vulnerable in the counterattack.

Quote from: ..FOF.. on October 18, 2019, 04:31:37 AM
I'll go with Statto's lineup to start and convert to love4ffc's one if there is a stalemate or worse during halftime.

Just like in our previous game, I'm glad the team is more flexible and more importantly can perform well in different tactics.

It could be vice versa too if we want to risk looking for a few early goals.

Then slow down the tempo to rest some players for the following match next Wednesday.

Fulham 442

Must be resting players, maybe some were late back from international duty? Says we have a fully fit squad....

@jolslover

Like this lineup, something different .. Brave
STH H3

Neil D

I don't begrudge Arter his place but his ill-discipline can be a liability.  I hope Parker has been working on that with him.

Lighthouse

As Stoke did well last time out against high flying Swansea. This is certainly a brave and bold line up. As usual if  it works it is brilliant and shows that Parker can mix it at this level. If not then a poor gamble by an inexperienced manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

I bet that line up is forcing Stoke to make some last minute changes to their game plan.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Camel Club

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 19, 2019, 02:44:03 PM
As Stoke did well last time out against high flying Swansea. This is certainly a brave and bold line up. As usual if  it works it is brilliant and shows that Parker can mix it at this level. If not then a poor gamble by an inexperienced manager.

Completely agree. I hope it works for Scott's sake and that he gets the praise for being so bold. He hasn't been afraid to mix it up and well done to him for that. Towards the end of 2016-2017 and in the last few games of our promotion season we became a little bit predictable and a little bit easier to defend against. If he keeps this up and it's successful we're in for one hell of a ride. COYW!!