watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Polishing a turd.....

Started by FFC1987, October 19, 2019, 04:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I don't relish saying this, but the optimists recently have labelled the cautious ones irrational at times but right now we're 6 off 4 off top 2, 6 off top, 3 from playoffs sitting 10th having just dropped points again from a team out of top 6. How are we going to polish this turd?

Deeping_white

If we beat Luton we can go back in the top 6, half the board were saying we'd be in the bottom 8 and got quite vocal about it too right up until the season started. Why do you have to be so polarising and come on here after a loss being "ooh I told you so" because we could win 3 in a row and be comfortably inside the top six come November?

Lighthouse

Having used the phrase in another thread.  Did we really need a separate thread to show the brilliance of the observation?

This was a poor first half performance but sadly predictable as Stoke beat Swansea last time out so not a game to start messing with formations. But not a great second half. Bad day at the office. Have to say not sure we need to start sacking the manager and players after every other match.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sting of the North

We don't have to polish this turd of a game. Doesn't even almost reflect most of our games this season, so better to write it off instead of being overly negative.

Southcoastffc

Remarkably, we are still only 3 points off 3rd place.  (4 off 2nd)  Wednesday SHOULD see a spirited performance and a good game (Luton beat Bristol City 3 nil at home today  :022:)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 19, 2019, 05:06:28 PM
Remarkably, we are still only 3 points off 3rd place.  (4 off 2nd)  Wednesday SHOULD see a spirited performance and a good game (Luton beat Bristol City 3 nil at home today  :022:)

Stop being positive, you're ruining the spirit of the thread.

Woolly Mammoth

No need for a knee jerk reaction. It was not our finest hour, however, we need a reaction from the team next match, rather than mention polishing a Richard The Third. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

We still remain 2nd favourites to go up on  Oddschecker across all bookies
They have more patience with SP than some of our own supporters

Fulham 442

Sorry but I watched the game. We were woeful first half but marginally better the second. I'm not calling for SP's head but why did he have to tinker so much? It clearly didn't work. Mitro looks massively out of sorts too. It's all very well saying we're only a win away from whatever place in the table etc but today was worrying if we're to be serious contenders for promotion  come the end of the season.

WokingFFC

Was there at the game, crap from start to finish. Players playing out of position, no urgency, no cohesion, tactic's were not working, but we did not change anything at all. Scott needs to learn quickly from this and formulate a plan B for all our sakes.

Robbie

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 19, 2019, 05:09:11 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 19, 2019, 05:06:28 PM

Stop being positive, you're ruining the spirit of the thread.

Oh....this is how we polish the turd. Got it.

FFC1987

Regarding the old 'you only come out when we lose', I made a next 5 fixtures list and was almost spot on with predictions. Everytime we played, be it draw, draw, or win, i'd comment and hope things get better but alas, the same people comment how 'close' we are after yet another poor display to a team on paper, we should beat. Theres only so many times before we can rely on beating actual top 6 teams away, then lose before people go, 'oh yeh, maybe I was a bit silly to pretend like everything was perfectly acceptable when we're dropping points consistently'....the irony being, dropping points seems to be the only thing we're consistently good at.

So, to summarise. 10th. 4 points off automatic. Don't even care about how many off playoffs as that isn't the objective. Top 2 is. Of our 12 games, we've won 5, drawn 4 and lost 3 and within these results are teams outside of top 6 and we're supposed to be what, happy? I really don't understand people not being to go, this ain't good enough.